“Military Couple Relocating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
San Diego, California
“Military Couple Relocating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This review is overdue, but I am posting because I have thought often of my experience at the Tradewinds. I cannot express how wonderful the service, accommodations, and facilities were during our two week stay! Having lived in Miami before, I had minimal expectations of a hotel in South Beach and both my husband and myself have reflected on our extreme satisfaction with our stay at the Tradewinds! All of the staff that I met from the doorman, to the front desk, to the laundry room, went above and beyond to meet our needs. While all were helpful and pleasant, I want to recognize Susan at the front desk. She assisted me from the moment we called on the phone for an early check in up until weeks after checking out by receiving important paperwork for us. Not only did I appreciate her calm and pleasant demeanor, I also saw her work under pressure working to resolve a customer issue over the phone, while checking in another customer, and managing other customers in the lobby ALL WITH A SMILE! I thank all of the staff for a great experience during a stressful time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Good Evening Serena M,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us! I am extremely glad to read that all of the staff that serviced you from the bellmen, to the front desk agent, to the attendants in the laundry room were able to provide you with satisfactory service! I will definitely let Susan at the front desk know of your kind praise! She is such a great employee and all of our guests love her service! Please come back and stay with us again soon! We would love to have you!!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel should be rated as one star. We're paying 400 dollars for a room, having to sleep in a sofa bed, where you feel all the springs, the staff of the hotel is terrible, and does not respect the clients. If you need to talk with the reception, you have to go there, because there are no telefones in the rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Evening Paula P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am terribly sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! I am sorry but all of our rooms have beds and mattresses. I am sorry that you chose to sleep on the pull out couch. I am sorry that you found our staff to be terrible. Was there someone in particular that gave you such service? Perhaps you might remember what they look like.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Porvoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay. The apartments were huge and well equipped (AC, full kitchen, 2 TVs, daily roomservice etc) and the staff was nice and helpful. Great location as well and the free rental bikes were great fun.

Theres a walgreens and a gas station close by and the main Miami Beach area is only a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Finrobin R,

Thank you for taking your time to post your 5 star feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to see that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were content with the size of your apartment. Our staff is always wanting to help and accommodate you as much as they can! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary bikes. It's a great way to cruise around South Beach and see things. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was just perfect for what we needed. Great value for money, very good location (2 blocks from the beach, round the corner of the W hotel). The rooms were modern, the kitchen was brand new, well equipped, we prepared breakfast every day, just perfect.
The air conditioning equipment need updating both in the room and in the living room, they are very noisy and you end up turning them off just to avoid the noise. Other than that, great storage space, safe, brilliant. Parking round the corner at their parking lot only (hard to park anywhere else!) on a first come, first served basis. Very helpful staff. Easy going place

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello GOG25,

Your feedback is appreciated! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am glad that you found our hotel to be perfect for your fit. Our location is unbeatable! We are in the heart of South Beach within walking distance to all of the hot spots! It seems to me that everything with your stay was great! Please come back and stay with us again in the future!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have to say first of all, the staff of the Tradewinds are absolutely incredible especially Omar, Joan, Susan and Angel! They make you feel welcome and comfortable right when you walk through the door and show you that Miami hospitality. I travel quite a bit and I have never met such amazing staff on any trip until this one, there are truly great people!

I went down near the end of August last year for my birthday and there was a tropical storm Isaac that hit right when we landed and I definitely felt safe and sound staying there. Everything was so convenient and right where you need it. Another thing that's great about this hotel is it's actually an apartment and you've got everything you could ever need with a full kitchen too!

I love the location, rooms, staff, price; there's really nothing like it.
If you're looking for somewhere affordable and enjoyable this is definitely the place!
This is now my home away from home #TeamTradewinds :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Good Evening RhiEle,

Your 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad that you were given great service by all of our staff! They work hard to make sure that each and every guest has a great and memorable time with us! I will let the mentioned staff know of your wonderful praise! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The apartments exactly what we see from photos. All staff are helpful and friendly. Love the peaceful ambience away from south beach and Collin but still walkable from these two areas. And of cuz the free airport transfer! Only downside is wifi is weak in the rooms and water heater is inconsistent. But overall good stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello JoyceHo26,

Your feedback is appreciated and thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! It seems to me like you had a great time! Our staff is definitely helpful and friendly and they are always eager to serve you! Our location is prime! We are located steps away from all of the hot spots here on South Beach! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Regards,

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

this hotel is as great as a trailer park. the rooms are cold, smelly and out of shape. the bathroom is dirty and the appliances dated and rusty. the cleaning ladies i found hanging out in my room late in the afternoon and never minding trash to be emptied, floors to be cleaned or dishes to be washed. the most outrageous, however, is the unfriendly and unprofessional staff. they are young, unexperienced kids who could very well be a deli or a car wash employee with zero rhetorical knowledge and an audacity of an attitude. if i was able to have left the hotel, i would have had done it the moment i first checked in (which took a good 20 minutes for passport and credit card copy), but unfortunately my company had booked the location of Miami Beach too late when too many fairs were taking place in the city the same week.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon J J,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are glad that you chose to share it with us! I apologize that your opinion on the hotel is very similar to a trailer park. We are a boutique hotel located on South Beach, nothing near a trailer park. I am sorry that you found your room to be dirty with appliances that were rusty and dated. I will definitely let the director of housekeeping know your feedback in regards to that. Our staff is young and trained to provide excellent customer service! I am sorry that is not what you were given! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!