“terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Sao Paulo, SP
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel should be rated as one star. We're paying 400 dollars for a room, having to sleep in a sofa bed, where you feel all the springs, the staff of the hotel is terrible, and does not respect the clients. If you need to talk with the reception, you have to go there, because there are no telefones in the rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Good Evening Paula P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! I am terribly sorry to read that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! I am sorry but all of our rooms have beds and mattresses. I am sorry that you chose to sleep on the pull out couch. I am sorry that you found our staff to be terrible. Was there someone in particular that gave you such service? Perhaps you might remember what they look like.

I look forward in hearing from you!

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Porvoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay. The apartments were huge and well equipped (AC, full kitchen, 2 TVs, daily roomservice etc) and the staff was nice and helpful. Great location as well and the free rental bikes were great fun.

Theres a walgreens and a gas station close by and the main Miami Beach area is only a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Finrobin R,

Thank you for taking your time to post your 5 star feedback for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad to see that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were content with the size of your apartment. Our staff is always wanting to help and accommodate you as much as they can! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary bikes. It's a great way to cruise around South Beach and see things. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place was just perfect for what we needed. Great value for money, very good location (2 blocks from the beach, round the corner of the W hotel). The rooms were modern, the kitchen was brand new, well equipped, we prepared breakfast every day, just perfect.
The air conditioning equipment need updating both in the room and in the living room, they are very noisy and you end up turning them off just to avoid the noise. Other than that, great storage space, safe, brilliant. Parking round the corner at their parking lot only (hard to park anywhere else!) on a first come, first served basis. Very helpful staff. Easy going place

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello GOG25,

Your feedback is appreciated! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am glad that you found our hotel to be perfect for your fit. Our location is unbeatable! We are in the heart of South Beach within walking distance to all of the hot spots! It seems to me that everything with your stay was great! Please come back and stay with us again in the future!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have to say first of all, the staff of the Tradewinds are absolutely incredible especially Omar, Joan, Susan and Angel! They make you feel welcome and comfortable right when you walk through the door and show you that Miami hospitality. I travel quite a bit and I have never met such amazing staff on any trip until this one, there are truly great people!

I went down near the end of August last year for my birthday and there was a tropical storm Isaac that hit right when we landed and I definitely felt safe and sound staying there. Everything was so convenient and right where you need it. Another thing that's great about this hotel is it's actually an apartment and you've got everything you could ever need with a full kitchen too!

I love the location, rooms, staff, price; there's really nothing like it.
If you're looking for somewhere affordable and enjoyable this is definitely the place!
This is now my home away from home #TeamTradewinds :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Good Evening RhiEle,

Your 5 star feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad that you were given great service by all of our staff! They work hard to make sure that each and every guest has a great and memorable time with us! I will let the mentioned staff know of your wonderful praise! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The apartments exactly what we see from photos. All staff are helpful and friendly. Love the peaceful ambience away from south beach and Collin but still walkable from these two areas. And of cuz the free airport transfer! Only downside is wifi is weak in the rooms and water heater is inconsistent. But overall good stay!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello JoyceHo26,

Your feedback is appreciated and thank you so much for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! It seems to me like you had a great time! Our staff is definitely helpful and friendly and they are always eager to serve you! Our location is prime! We are located steps away from all of the hot spots here on South Beach! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Regards,

Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

this hotel is as great as a trailer park. the rooms are cold, smelly and out of shape. the bathroom is dirty and the appliances dated and rusty. the cleaning ladies i found hanging out in my room late in the afternoon and never minding trash to be emptied, floors to be cleaned or dishes to be washed. the most outrageous, however, is the unfriendly and unprofessional staff. they are young, unexperienced kids who could very well be a deli or a car wash employee with zero rhetorical knowledge and an audacity of an attitude. if i was able to have left the hotel, i would have had done it the moment i first checked in (which took a good 20 minutes for passport and credit card copy), but unfortunately my company had booked the location of Miami Beach too late when too many fairs were taking place in the city the same week.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon J J,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are glad that you chose to share it with us! I apologize that your opinion on the hotel is very similar to a trailer park. We are a boutique hotel located on South Beach, nothing near a trailer park. I am sorry that you found your room to be dirty with appliances that were rusty and dated. I will definitely let the director of housekeeping know your feedback in regards to that. Our staff is young and trained to provide excellent customer service! I am sorry that is not what you were given! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Kriens, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start off in chronological order:
Before I went to the Hotel I wrote them a e-mail twice, to the adress mentioned on there website, to find out about the parking situation and if I could have a package sent to the Hotel, but never got an answer.
Coincidentally I found out that the group that the hotel is a part off offers a airport-shuttle. It's supposed to depart every full hour from the airport. However, we waited a full 1.5 hours with guests from other hotels for the shuttle. As it turns out, one of the two shuttles broke down, so they only went every 2nd hour. Arriving at the hotel there was a family of five which booked a shuttle to the airport for the time we arrived, however the shuttle we arrived in had to drop off the other guests first and told them that he'd arrive an hour later (obviously too late for the family). The response of the hotel staff: "We tried to tell you..." Which means they knocked at their door once and then didn't do anything further, according to themselves!!

We booked a room with two seperate beds, but there really aren't rooms with seperate beds. There's always a Quenn-size bed and the other one is a sofa which you can pull out... pretty unconfortable. Unfortunately, we got a room right at the lobby so on top of an uncofortable bed I also had to put up with a lot of noise during the night. Safe to say that I slept better the week before, when I was in a hotel right at Times Square in NYC!! Also, the wall between the upper and the lower floor seem to be pretty thin, as you can hear the people walking around in the appartment above.
I asked to get a different room twice to different employees, but all they had to say was that they're overbooked and "can not", "could not", "not possible", etc. The staff in general, whilst always friendly, seems incompetent.

The appartments are spacious but have some dirty sports, especially in the kitchen. The floor was never cleaned in my opinion, so walking around barefoot is not an option.
Also, I found a cockroach in the kitchen once, happens but still gives you a feeling that the place is messy.

I didn't even bother to ask for one of the limited parking spaces ($20 a night), but parked my car at the car rental station for free.

The poolarea seems pretty nice, but the pool is pretty small though.

I guess you could have a better time there if you get a room in the upper level and the whole shuttle-thing was obviously a bad coincidence, but I base this on my personal experience at the resort.

Warning: There's a resort fee of $15 per night, which I wasn't aware of, as I booked the room over the internet.

The next big supermarket is like 3-4 blocks away, so my personal advice if you don't have a car, bring bycicles or inline skates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Devilswiss,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely sorry to read that you didn't have an amazing time while staying with us! Unfortunately the shuttle did have some unexpected errors that were completely out of our control. We tried our best to fix these mechanical issues ourselves but we were not able to. Therefore we still had the shuttle service but it was running every other hour, instead of every hour. What site did you book with? We do not offer rooms with separate beds. They should have informed you this when you were placing your reservation. The pull out couch is a bed, when pulled out and can sleep 2 comfortably on it. Unfortunately we were sold out therefore we were not able to move you to another room, as there were no rooms available. I will definitely mention to the director of housekeeping the dirt on the floor that you experienced. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!