“very good choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
Weiden, Germany
“very good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

this is definitely a very good holiday flat. it offers everything you need. kitchen is well-equipped, nice dining room with comfortable couch and spacious sleeping room.

best things: 500 m to beach, walgreens, filling station, parking lot and publix just around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hello Matthias W,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback for all of our future guests to see! We are very glad that you made a good choice in staying with us! We keep the apartments equipped with everything you need to make yourself feel right at home!!! We can't wait to have you stay with us during your next visit to South Beach!

Have a great day!

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place was a really pleasent surprise all the way from the checkin to checkout.
Lady at the checkin was very friendly and so was all the other hotel personnel. The apartment we got had just about everything you could ask for. full kitchen, separate living room and bedrooms, big flat screen TV's in both rooms. Apartment seemed to be recently renowated and atleast for our taste the room and the whole place looked very nice. Hotel has also also nice swimming pool.

The location of the hotel is also good.Hotel is close to Collins so the restaurants, shops and nightclubs are within walking distance, but yet far enough to escape from all fuss that is goind on in the evenings at the Ocean Drive & Collins.Beach is few hundred mater distance.
Also Walgreens is close to get the basic supplys and Publix is within walkable distance.

This hotel as all the one belonging to SOBE group offer a free shuttle pickup from and to airport at scheduled times.Also there seemed to be free happy our drinks at Catalina for anyone staying at the SOBE group hotels.

Only negative sides that I could think about from this place where the apartment doors. When the door is left to close it really slams down heavily making sound that you think that whole floor is shakin. We had some youngs in the next room and they were constantly going in and out from the door so the slamming of the door was getting bit annoying. On the other hand there where not much sounds from the streets or anywhere else.

Also one thing to consider is the parking issue if you have a car.We did not have at that time so this was not an issue for us but the reception told that parking is quite a nightmare.They offer valet parking which is around 20 dollars per night if remembered correctly but there is only limited amount of these available and there are no free spots here.Msot of the area is marked as residential parking.

Anyway I would defenetly recommend this place for anyone.

Room Tip: Some of the apartments are located next to quite buys road and also rooms next to pool might be quit...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon ProEtcontra,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such an extensive review about your recent stay with us! All of our guests love to know what you have to say! We are very glad that you had a pleasant stay with us! Do you remember the name of the lady that was assisting you at your time of check- in? We equip you with everything that you need to make sure that you feel right at home! The location of the property is great! We are in the heart of South Beach, yet far enough to get a great quiet nights sleep! The amenities that offer to our guests are loved by all! It would be hard not to love them! R/T shuttle from MIA Airport, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8. We would definitely hope to host your next visit to South Beach!!

Regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Everything. I changed from a posh 4 star hotel to Tradewinds because of its location and price. You get a lot more than what you pay for. Staff are super friendly, location is pretty good (walkable to Lincoln road and a bit more effort and you will be at South beach), well equipped rooms, laundry (for 3 USD I could wash a week of my clothes), free WiFi and to top it a free shuttle service to the airport. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello AanijhanR,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback for all of our future guests to read! We are very glad that you had a great time while staying with us! Our location is in the heart of South Beach yet far enough so that you can get a good nights rest!! Our amenities are there for you to enjoy and I see that you did. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

When my husband and I saw the hotel from
the outside we didn't expect much. Due to construction around the area, it looked a bit tough. Once we were inside we werepleasantly surprised. We were greetted by the receptionist, Susan, who was not only sweet and attentive during our entire stay but also went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and helped us with information we needed to explore the Miami area. The room was beautiful, well decorated and very clean. We had room service once a day and were never disappointed. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello ClaireM1965,

We value your feedback and we are happy that you chose to share it with us!! We are very glad to read that you had an amazing stay while with us!! We are proud to see that Susan gave you the service and the attention that you deserve! We strive on providing excellent customer service and we are glad that is what you got while you were here!! The style of our hotel is very funky and unique. We hope that we will host your next visit to South Beach!

Have a wonderful day!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here from the 18th til the 21st of December 2012. The hotel itself is really cozy, clean, nice ambiance on the property and the rooms are great. The location is very good as well, it's not fantastic, but it's very good.

However, like some others here have said, we faced the most obnoxious and rude staff I have ever encountered - and I have travelled a lot. When we were checking in, Joan (reception clerk) had us wait extra 30-40 minutes for him to take care of all the people that came after us to check in because there was a small problem with our booking (that was the hotel's fault and it didn't take more than a few minutes to correct). In addition to this, he actually said regarding the problem with the booking when we told him we were unhappy with the service, this is almost verbatim - „You know guys, I could be mean to you and just cancel your booking - but I'm not going to“. What?? By the way, although Joan was the worst, the rest of the reception staff that we dealt with were very slow and not very helpful.

I'd say avoid this hotel because even though the hotel itself is nice, the bad staff really will give you a bad experience. If you really do decide to stay here, try to avoid the staff as much as possible, because you're in their way from doing god knows what.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Paullie,

Your feedback matters to us and we are very happy that you decided to share it with us! We are very glad to read that you liked everything about the hotel from the cleanliness, location, coziness, and the ambiance! I am extremely sorry to hear about the experience that you had with Joan! I will definitely look further into this to see why he was treating our guests as such. We train all of our employee's provide excellent service no matter what the case may be. We would hope that this wouldn't steer you away from giving us another chance!!

Have a great day!

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights, and never received helpful information or service from the front desk. We routinely waited 25+ minutes for the shuttle going South, and we ended up using the same pool towels for nearly the entire trip due to poor instructions from the front desk. The WORST part of the service was that upon our departure, the hotel shuttle left us behind even though we booked the shuttle 24 hours in advance and arrived at the lobby 1 hour before the shuttle departure. The front desk staff kept telling us it would come until finally we were in danger of missing our flight. Then they called the driver and found out we had been left. The hotel called us a taxi that we had to pay for that did not take credit cards. By the time we stopped at an ATM for cash, we were seconds from missing our flight. We contacted the Operations manager after our trip, and she assured us we would be reimbursed for what we had to pay for the taxi......3 weeks later and we have not seen any attempt at compensation. We were ripped off!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Mmeconi,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!! I am very glad that you chose to stay with us on your trip to South Beach! I apologize that you were not given amazing customer service!! Do you remember the name of the agent? Can you please provide me with the last name under your reservation? I would love to look further into this experience that you had. I apologize greatly for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us!

I look forward in hearing from you!

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Don't stay in this apartment hotel! I stayed there a week ago in two apartments with my wife and her family as my father in law was receiving treatment in a nearby hospital. From the moment that we arrived the personnel at the front desk were extremely rude.
On top of this, my wife's $1,500 Apple Mac Air laptop was stolen right our of my in-laws room. When we spoke to the personnel in charge they said that they could see someone enter the room after we had left the room on the CCTV system and when we asked to see the video they changed their story saying that no one had entered and that they could not show us the footage.
Seem a little fishy? Well I proceeded to send everyone in management at the South Beach Group, the company that manages this apartment hotel, an e-mail and after receiving the verification that they had all received the e-mail I never heard back from anyone.
This is very unprofessional and lacks seriousness for a group that prides itself on the best experience in South Beach, well we definitely did not. So if you decide to stay at this place, you better not take anything of value with you as they will not be held responsible for anything that is stolen out of their apartments and forget about getting a response from anyone in management as they are completely ignore any of their guests e-mails and problems. If you do stay here, you will have to do what we did, take everything of any value with you everywhere you go as you can't leave it in the apartments.
I challenge any South Beach Group manager to contact me to see if I at least get a response and see if they are willing to make this right as I do not think that it is fair that my wife is now without a laptop and most important of all, all her company data and all of the photos of our family and specially of our 2 year old baby, which we no longer have.

Room Tip: There is nothing that I can say that is positive about this apartment hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Good Afternoon Navegalo,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read. I apologize greatly that you did not have an amazing experience while staying with us! Do you remember the name of the front desk agent that was attending you? I would really like to look further into this situation that you experienced. Can you please provide me with the number to the room that you were staying in and your full name. With that I am able to speak with the employee's at the hotel and check cameras again.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Katrine

Been to Tradewinds Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!