“Amazing Stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

You added Tradewinds Apartment Hotel to your Saves list
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   2365 Pinetree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Bayshore)   |
“Amazing Stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

When my husband and I saw the hotel from
the outside we didn't expect much. Due to construction around the area, it looked a bit tough. Once we were inside we werepleasantly surprised. We were greetted by the receptionist, Susan, who was not only sweet and attentive during our entire stay but also went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and helped us with information we needed to explore the Miami area. The room was beautiful, well decorated and very clean. We had room service once a day and were never disappointed. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello ClaireM1965,

We value your feedback and we are happy that you chose to share it with us!! We are very glad to read that you had an amazing stay while with us!! We are proud to see that Susan gave you the service and the attention that you deserve! We strive on providing excellent customer service and we are glad that is what you got while you were here!! The style of our hotel is very funky and unique. We hope that we will host your next visit to South Beach!

Have a wonderful day!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here from the 18th til the 21st of December 2012. The hotel itself is really cozy, clean, nice ambiance on the property and the rooms are great. The location is very good as well, it's not fantastic, but it's very good.

However, like some others here have said, we faced the most obnoxious and rude staff I have ever encountered - and I have travelled a lot. When we were checking in, Joan (reception clerk) had us wait extra 30-40 minutes for him to take care of all the people that came after us to check in because there was a small problem with our booking (that was the hotel's fault and it didn't take more than a few minutes to correct). In addition to this, he actually said regarding the problem with the booking when we told him we were unhappy with the service, this is almost verbatim - „You know guys, I could be mean to you and just cancel your booking - but I'm not going to“. What?? By the way, although Joan was the worst, the rest of the reception staff that we dealt with were very slow and not very helpful.

I'd say avoid this hotel because even though the hotel itself is nice, the bad staff really will give you a bad experience. If you really do decide to stay here, try to avoid the staff as much as possible, because you're in their way from doing god knows what.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon Paullie,

Your feedback matters to us and we are very happy that you decided to share it with us! We are very glad to read that you liked everything about the hotel from the cleanliness, location, coziness, and the ambiance! I am extremely sorry to hear about the experience that you had with Joan! I will definitely look further into this to see why he was treating our guests as such. We train all of our employee's provide excellent service no matter what the case may be. We would hope that this wouldn't steer you away from giving us another chance!!

Have a great day!

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights, and never received helpful information or service from the front desk. We routinely waited 25+ minutes for the shuttle going South, and we ended up using the same pool towels for nearly the entire trip due to poor instructions from the front desk. The WORST part of the service was that upon our departure, the hotel shuttle left us behind even though we booked the shuttle 24 hours in advance and arrived at the lobby 1 hour before the shuttle departure. The front desk staff kept telling us it would come until finally we were in danger of missing our flight. Then they called the driver and found out we had been left. The hotel called us a taxi that we had to pay for that did not take credit cards. By the time we stopped at an ATM for cash, we were seconds from missing our flight. We contacted the Operations manager after our trip, and she assured us we would be reimbursed for what we had to pay for the taxi......3 weeks later and we have not seen any attempt at compensation. We were ripped off!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Mmeconi,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!! I am very glad that you chose to stay with us on your trip to South Beach! I apologize that you were not given amazing customer service!! Do you remember the name of the agent? Can you please provide me with the last name under your reservation? I would love to look further into this experience that you had. I apologize greatly for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us!

I look forward in hearing from you!

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Don't stay in this apartment hotel! I stayed there a week ago in two apartments with my wife and her family as my father in law was receiving treatment in a nearby hospital. From the moment that we arrived the personnel at the front desk were extremely rude.
On top of this, my wife's $1,500 Apple Mac Air laptop was stolen right our of my in-laws room. When we spoke to the personnel in charge they said that they could see someone enter the room after we had left the room on the CCTV system and when we asked to see the video they changed their story saying that no one had entered and that they could not show us the footage.
Seem a little fishy? Well I proceeded to send everyone in management at the South Beach Group, the company that manages this apartment hotel, an e-mail and after receiving the verification that they had all received the e-mail I never heard back from anyone.
This is very unprofessional and lacks seriousness for a group that prides itself on the best experience in South Beach, well we definitely did not. So if you decide to stay at this place, you better not take anything of value with you as they will not be held responsible for anything that is stolen out of their apartments and forget about getting a response from anyone in management as they are completely ignore any of their guests e-mails and problems. If you do stay here, you will have to do what we did, take everything of any value with you everywhere you go as you can't leave it in the apartments.
I challenge any South Beach Group manager to contact me to see if I at least get a response and see if they are willing to make this right as I do not think that it is fair that my wife is now without a laptop and most important of all, all her company data and all of the photos of our family and specially of our 2 year old baby, which we no longer have.

Room Tip: There is nothing that I can say that is positive about this apartment hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Good Afternoon Navegalo,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read. I apologize greatly that you did not have an amazing experience while staying with us! Do you remember the name of the front desk agent that was attending you? I would really like to look further into this situation that you experienced. Can you please provide me with the number to the room that you were staying in and your full name. With that I am able to speak with the employee's at the hotel and check cameras again.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nice apartment, good kitchen fasilities if you like made own dinners. 3 block to downhill to supermarket where has fantastic selection of local food(great fish and meal and fruit selection) from Florida area.Free bikes,but if you want to be sure to get them, be in lobby 10 min berofe at 9 a.m.and remember return bike before 6 p.m(avoid penalty fee) Room was really clean and bed was good.In bed roomI I left cooling system on hole day and closit it in night and it was good solution to have fresh anought to sleep well. walking distance to real beach and convensial center make business trip great.
Servise was dood and helpfull. free shutlle service from airport and to airport, remember order it 1 day before departure.
recommed,Jormaa

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Jormaa,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! We are glad that you were content with the hotel. We do have a fully equipped kitchen so you can make your own amazing home cooked meals. One of our lovely amenities are the bikes, guests love to rent them and cruise all around South Beach. We are very close to the convention center, Lincoln Rd, and many many other attractions. We hope to have you stay with us again sometime soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Overall good! BUT? Although, the grounds are very well kept up, the rooms are nice [hardly any dishes though] but is clean, beds are hard, one and 1/2 blocks off beach hide-a-bed is super bad, free bikes; yet there is only 15 and you need to get them right at 9 a.m. or your out-of-luck, the pool area is great: but, the BIGGEST set-back [negativity] is there is NO parking! Your car WILL get towed and it will cost you $300 [cash, money order, or check] for getting it out of the impound. It'd be nice if Tradewinds would tell you this "before" you book 11 days.

Room Tip: As far as service being poor: there is NO parking!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I am glad that you found the grounds to be well kept and the rooms clean. We are within walking distance to the beach. Our guests love that they can walk to the beach and then come and jump in the pool and relax before going to their home away from home. We do have parking around the hotel but it is very limited. There are several lots and garages within walking distance of the hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again!

Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

i love when i feel like i got so much more than i paid for. the grounds are immaculate and everything was new, clean,and beautiful. the pool was awesome with lots of lounges and sun beds and great music. its perfectly located at the top of south beach in a quiet area 2 blocks from the beach. i liked having the opportunity to be in the mix when i wanted but to be able to get some sleep in a quiet serene atmosphere. the kitchen was great because i didn't have to eat out every meal so i was able to save some money for partying

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am very glad that we were part of making your vacation experience the best one! I am glad that you were able to hangout by our pool and soak up some rays while listening to good tunes. We are definitely in the middle of South Beach but away from the craziness. Our kitchens are fully equipped so that you are able to feel right at home and cook all your favorite home cooked meals! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!