“Love this place.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We love traveling to Miami. Staying at this hotel makes the trip even more enjoyable. It's located directly across from the beach with many restaurants nearby to choose from. Our room was spacious and even had a small kitchen area. The housekeeper was super friendly and replenished our towels and toiletries daily. Actually the entire staff was very hospitable and went above and beyond to accommodate us. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, Michelle. We love this place too, glad you enjoyed our hospitality. Come back soon!

720 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
ft washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have been to South Beach several times and I believe that the Edgewater is the best place to stay in South Beach. The rooms are huge, clean, comfortable and offer spectacular views of the beach. The staff is phenomenal and always smiling. I just checked out on Monday and have already booked my week long stay in August. The location can't get any better...you are only a few steps away from the beach and many, many dining options. We enjoyed ourselves and look forward to going back next month!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks from the Edgewater team, Samira. We are glad you found a new home in South Beach through us, we can't wait to see you in August!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I loved the location of this hotel. There were some good things: like the huge room with kitchen and beautiful bathroom (even though there was nothing in the kitchen but wine glasses) and the beach chairs. I also liked the H20+ bath products. But my first floor room location was awful - it was facing the street so people would stand outside my room talking and one guy even tried to look into my room. The room had amazing floor to ceiling windows, but unfortunately they were facing a restaurant so I couldn't use them and had to keep my windows closed. The front desk staff was very nice, but pretty ineffective in improving my situation. I had some wine in my room but there was no opener, so I asked the front desk. it took an HOUR to get the opener, even though I reminded them twice. There is not in-hotel restaurant or spa or bar, so you have to go elsewhere to have a drink or bite to eat. The high room rate definitely did not reflect the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: change your room if they give you a first-floor room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thanks for your detailed and honest review, we appreciate it. Glad you found the studio great, apologies for not being able to switch its location. We do our best to accommodate move requests for our guests but this becomes hard to accomplish during sold out days.
We hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you during a future stay.
Westerville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has everything right. Location is great, right in the heart of south beach overlooking the beach. Rooms were impressively large and updated. The bed was super comfortable. The staff was by far the friendliest and most helpful of anywhere I have ever stayed. I can not say enough good things, and cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The king suite was perfect with a large living area and kitchen as well as 2 full bathrooms. (There...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jeff. When it comes to our suites and service, we do stand out from the other hotels in our location, thanks for noticing.
We can't wait for you to come back also!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

+ve

• Excellent South Beech location.
• Room was very large and clean.
• Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

-ve

• Breakfast was awful. We didn’t venture up for breakfast until our 3rd and final day as we wanted to eat out and experience proper Miami breakfasts but with flight times, it made sense. Very limited continental.
• The safe was not fixed to the furniture so if someone wanted to steal your valuables all they would need to do if lift the safe.
• The restaurant at the front of the hotel is not linked. They offer you 20% off your meal – we ate there on the first night out of convenience and got 20% off the main courses only and not drinks.

If I could turn back time, would I have booked this knowing what I know now? Yes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Edgewater, we appreciate your feedback very much. Our breakfast is a continental option which is included in the resort fee but our location does offer plentiful options within walking distance for those who desire a full breakfast.
We are grateful to have been at your service and would be glad to be again during your next South Beach getaway.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So here's the story. I forgot my friend's 40th birthday a couple of months ago (I know, I'm bad), and I said I'd make it up to her by treating her to a Miami trip the last weekend of June.

This was my first time at South Beach so I did some serious research on Tripadvisor and other websites before selecting a hotel. I found that Edgewater had consistently great reviews, so I took a chance and I'm so glad I did! A lot of other hotels on Ocean Drive and the around the vicinity looked pretty icky/shabby from the outside although you'll still pay a lot of money for them (I checked their prices). I've also read horror stories about uncleanliness which is a big deal for me as I am a "germaphobe".

When you walk up to this hotel you can immediately appreciate its beauty and cute architecture. The only other hotel that looked just as good in my opinion was the Betsy Hotel further up the block (but is also a lot more expensive per night than Edgewater).

Edgewater is not the cheapest but it's not ridiculously expensive either. You get a lot for your money here. It is right across from the beach and walkable to the Lincoln street shops. There is an $18 per day fee, but it covers the continental breakfast (bagels/croissants/pastries, cereals, yogurt, milk/coffee/tea) and happy hour which happens on the roof top terrace (with awesome views of the ocean). The staff who runs the breakfast and happy hour are very friendly. Neither event was noisy, but I liked that. It's very relaxing on that rooftop and I especially enjoyed its serenity during breakfast time with the morning sun and beach views! The hotel also has a restaurant by the entrance and hotel guests get 20% off their meals from their full menu.

One thing I also appreciate about the hotel's location is that although it is right on Ocean Drive, it is on the quieter northern side of the street. That means you can get a good nights SLEEP! But if you want the crazy parties it's only a short walk away. We appreciated a quiet place to sleep after a late night out.

Overall the hotel is modern, CLEAN and quiet! It looks just like the hotel pictures. When I opened the door to my standard studio room I was SHOCKED at how HUGE it was! It was just me and my friend staying there but you could comfortably sleep four people if you wanted to. There's a kitchenette in there with a sink and refridgerator and lots of cabinets with cups in them. The bathroom was beautiful and spotless. Closets were spacious and also had drawers.

There's also a nice fresh scent that permeates throughout the hotel. Some hotel guests might not even notice it at all, but me and my friend noticed it and found it very pleasant. I'm sure it's some kind of essential oil mixture, but I can't put quite my finger on it. It's not perfumey or overbearing at all. It's a a very light, refreshing, and dreamy scent that adds a nice touch to the hotel experience.

This hotel doesn't have a lot of amenities and frills like a gym, pool, or room service, but you will feel a "luxury hotel ambiance" with its beautiful modern decor and wonderful service. I can't emphasize enough this hotel's attentive service. Here are some examples.

- When it seemed that the last couple of beach chairs were gone, we were going to head to the beach without them, but Rafael just came out of no where and brought us some. It was like he overheard us from another room and immediately sprung into action. That was awesome.

- My friend and I were all dressed up to spend a night out. As soon we walked out the hotel onto the sidewalk, Rafael came out of the hotel to get us a cab without us even having to ask!

- Jonathan was extremely helpful suggesting activities and restaurants. He made sure we got our rollaway bed we that requested, and even called our room the morning that we were leaving to ask if we needed a taxi reserved (which coincidentally happened JUST after my friend said we should call for a taxi ahead of time lol).
So again, you see this recurring theme of the hotel staff anticipating your needs before you even realize it

- One day it was raining pretty badly during our usual happy hour so it happened in the lobby by the front desk instead of the terrace. My friend and I met Alejandro who was running the front desk at the time. Very friendly guy who was also knowledgeable about activities and places to eat like Puerta Sagura (a cuban restaurant). Somehow he not only juggled his front desk duties, but he was also able to contribute to making that happy hour a memorable and fun one for everyone despite the rain. He got everyone talking and laughing, it was great!

These are just a few small examples that stuck out in my mind but there was so much more. All the staff from the front desk folks, resturant staff, and cleaning staff were super friendly and always asking if you needed anything. Everyday they say good morning and ask how you are doing.

The only negative is that I wish that there was more lighting in my room, which was towards the inner courtyard. The room was pretty big, but there doesn't seem to be enough lights in the room to brighten it. It's no big deal. It's not like you'll be spending the day indoors anyways. Those rooms that are facing the ocean are probably brighter since they take advantage of the natural light coming from the east.

My friend, who had previously stayed at a higher-end hotel on South Beach last year, said that when she returns, she'll definitely be coming back to this hotel. She greatly enjoyed her belated-birthday weekend.

Thank you Edgewater South Beach staff for making our stay a memorable one!

- Lynda & Nadege

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. We're very glad you enjoyed our location and service, we hope to see you back soon!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in Edgewater South Beach hotel for 21 days, immediately at checking we felt we were threaded as an appreciated customer. The service is in one word Amazing! Everyday the staff at the front desk welcomes you and ask you how you are and if there is anything you need, they also help you in searching the best excursions, restaurant or even the best currency exchange rates and locations for the exchange. You also have the possibility to get as many beachtowels as you need for the beach and also a sun chair can be taken from the front desk. On the roof top they offer a free happy hour (included in the resort fee) on a daily basis with lounge chairs and background music. Besides all this I should really mention the room which was spacious and really felt like a luxury apartment. We had the studio deluxe that included a big flat screen TV, minibar, refrigerator, a really comfortable bed and a nice looking bathroom. The cleaning is done on a daily basis and even writes a thank you note if you leave a tip. I'm asthmatic so for me it is very important to get a clean room without any weird smells etc. They also showed us around in different rooms to find us the right one.

We really recommend this hotel because of the service they offer, the spacious clean comfortable rooms, location on Ocean Drive (many restaurants, bars and shops), 50-100 meters from the pearl white beach and least but not last the great staff!!

Edgewater South Beach hotel will be our hotel for our future trips to Miami!

Room Tip: We had a room on the garden view side which was cool, spacious and noise free.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We're very happy that you enjoyed Edgewater and South Beach, Steven. Thank you for choosing us and for the wonderful review. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Edgewater South Beach? Share your experiences!