The location of this hotel is wonderful but our room was lacking even though it was nice, clean and the bed/bedding were very comfortable. They only offer queen-size beds so if you are looking for king-size this could be a problem. The other point of contention is there was only one night stand on the side of the bed! For our three day stay the maid did not replenish the beauty amenities like shampoo or conditioner which is a small thing but we had to ask... We wish we had our own (and ended up buying some) because what the hotel provided was not very high quality; however, we only brought carry-on bags on the plane. Our room faced an alley and another ugly building. We weren't the lucky ones who got upgraded to an ocean view! The continental breakfast area was very crowded being right in the small landing area of the elevator. People were bumping all over each other. If you are on a gluten-free diet, you can only eat the apples, bananas and oranges (not so fresh) and full fat yogurt because they mostly serve muffins, rolls and cereals. As far as the mandatory extra $18/night fee; there was no swimming pool at this hotel and the beach chairs they offer are not lounge chairs only upright chairs. So to get a lounge chair/umbrella on the beach you have to pay $18/per chair and $15 for umbrella. So for the day, for two people we paid $47 per day to sit at the beach!
Ruben the bell hop was very friendly; however, he did not call a cab when we called down for one; when we had our rental car, he put our bags in the wrong car, and the worst mistake he made was he wrote the wrong address for Enterprise to drop off our rental car. So minutes before I had to catch a plane, I drove to 108 Bay Drive instead of 108 Bay Road. An easy mistake perhaps but this mistake could have made me miss my flight!! Thank goodness, for crazy Miami taxi drivers! I would not recommend this hotel if you care about the things I cared about. I would not stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Edgewater South Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Edgewater South Beach welcomes guests to a relaxing, intimate retreat. The contemporary style and comforts of a modern boutique hotel are evident in every detail of this fully renovated Art Deco District hotel. From the contemporary vibe of the rooms and suites to the European ambiance of the private Rooftop Terrace, Edgewater South Beach is a refreshing alternative in Ocean Drive hotels.Edgewater South Beach was originally built in the heart of Miami Beach’s burgeoning Art Deco District in 1936. Constructed in the Mediterranean Revival style by renowned architect Roy F. France, this Ocean Drive hotel features a striking façade and an intimate rooftop terrace that evokes feelings of St. Tropez, Italy and the Cote d’Azur.Completely redone and renovated in 2003, Edgewater has emerged as a modern boutique hotel featuring suites and studios designed by the internationally renowned Deborah Wecselman Design firm. Located oceanfront at 1410 Ocean Drive, Edgewater South Beach offers guests an experience that blends stylish accommodations with exceptional service, all in the heart of Miami Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Fareportal , Agoda and Venere so you can book your Edgewater South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.