“Perfect All Around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
Passaic, New Jersey
“Perfect All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for two nights over the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was in a great location, the room was spacious and spotless, and the staff was the best I've ever dealt with. We didn't have a car but taxis were readily available and for a major city, affordable.
Downside was there was no pool but you were right across the street from a beautiful beach - why would you need a pool? For $18 per guest for the length of the stay you receive beach chairs, beach towels, wifi, computer and printer access, continental breakfast on a beautiful beach front patio, and a happy hour cocktail. The room had all the amenities you would need. The beds were very comfortable, and the entire hotel was very clean. I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel, especially Victor! They all went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable and we had what we needed. It was first class service and made the stay all the more enjoyable. I will definitely be back to this great hotel, and highly recommend it for your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks very much for your kind words Suzanne. We appreciate being chosen for your getaway to South Beach and hope to be at your service again.

729 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Longwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Loved the beautiful terrace overlooking Ocean Drive and the beach,conviniently located, large clean rooms, the staff was great always service with a smile. The General Manager even took the time to introduce himself. Thank you Richard, Andre, and Marteen for a very relaxing few days. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: A room on the 5th floor (Terrace floor)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
It was my pleasure to meet you, Ricardo! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Hope to see you again!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

OK there is no pool and you pay $30 a day to park but other than that this is a great hotel.

We upgraded our room to a one bed as we had 2 guests with us, the hotel were very helpful and accommodating and totally meet our needs before arrival.

While the lobby area in the hotel is small the rooms all appear to be a good size, the staff are fantastic and very helpful giving great advice and even sending us to a local Cuban restaurant to eat.

The breakfast is OK nothing hot other than the coffee but from 6-7pm there is a free bar with beer and wine available both served on the roof.

The location of the hotel is perfect right on Ocean Drive 1410, the beach is across the road and the hotel supply towels and chairs which you can use.

Overall a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Look around before booking trips we found the best deals walking around some 40% cheaper than on off...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Kevin,

We are very grateful that you chose Edgewater over the many other options you have in South Beach. Glad you had a great stay, please come see us again soon. Great pics, by the way!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Well located, nice staff, nice rooms and clean.
Only and huge problem: spoiled plan tax - we stayed 4 nights and had to pay 200 dollars for this. We read it on the website before booking but it seemed to us that it was something optional, when we arrived at the hotel the receptionist said that it was not optional and we must pay it.
I said that I did not want to use those benefits (beach towels, breakfest and fruit on the reception) and at end did not use any but it was worthless.
This is not a fair tax and should be optional.
No plans to return because of lack of transparency on the reservation. They should say it's something you are forced to pay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Seems that our "Spoil me" fee was not properly explained to you and for that I apologize. The fee is $18 per day (tax inclusive) so for your 4 night stay the total is $72. Our website does explain this fee as "*Fee of $18.00 (per room per night) applies to all reservations." and the breakdown for the fee as: The Spoil Me Plan also includes:

Beach chairs & towels for the complete oceanfront hotel experience
High-speed wireless internet access in guest rooms and common areas
In-room safe access
Daily newspaper

What is also included is the continental breakfast, nightly happy hour and local calls.
Again, my apologies for the confusion, I will be sending you a separate private email with my information in hope of further discussing your stay with us.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed here for three nights on our trip around Florida.
Great room large, spacious and well equipped. Very well situated overlooking the beach but within easy walk of shops and restaurants.
Used the valet parking which was first class and a necessity in this resort. Took the package which included breakfast on the roof!
Staff were really helpful, a small well kept hotel, no bar but within close proximity of all the attractions expected in Miami Beach

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate the opportunity to be at your service!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is so small the lobby it self is a size of a car :-) but hey this is cute.. the taxi dropped us at the front of this hotel & we laughed loud saying where is the Hotel? he said this is the hotel?
until the bell man came & gave us a very warm welcome & carried our luggage..
I loved this hotel so much the reason why?
it's a very very clean hotel
the staff is awesome
the room is large and wonderful
there is a free wifi inside the room (AWESOME)

what I didn't like is (RESORT fees) I swear to god when the guy on reception told me this word I was all about to ROFL.. I said where is the resort? he said the ROOF!
so they will tell you free breakfast which is BTW (tea-coffee-bread..) but it's not FREE they will take it as RESORT fees ;)

anyway this hotel is awesome I would come back again to it if I'm around

Room Tip: all rooms are amazing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and give us feedback on your stay, Nora. The resort fee is actually our "Spoil me plan" which includes the beach towels and chairs, the continental breakfast and happy hour (wine/beer/snacks) in the afternoon, local calls and WiFi. Most of our guests feel this is quite a deal at $18 considering it's more than that to rent one chair on the beach from the company which rents them.
Thank you for the compliments and for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again.
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've been staying for 4 days at the Edgewater. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Richard. He explained everything I had available and gave me a cable for internet access and the password to use the service very quickly.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house.
The bed was one thing that if I could take home, I would have done. very comfortable....

With the sport package and seeker free movies offered by the hotel, you can pretty much stay in the room all day without getting bored, unfortunately I was there for work.
These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel (Richard). They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: This is a must all the way!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for an amazing review, Richard and the Edgewater team appreciate it very much! We're ecstatic that you had such an amazing stay and look forward to your next stay.

Been to Edgewater South Beach? Share your experiences!