“Just Blew me away Service, rooms and food excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
“Just Blew me away Service, rooms and food excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were looking for a different place to stay on South Beach and we will be back here for sure. The GM has trained his staff to treat customers with respect and great service. Not common place in today's world.

Location is perfect for all you want to do on South Beach.

Room was so nice I was surprised after some reviews had complained. This is a clean and comfortable place to stay. Everything seems so new and fresh.

Look forward to returning again!!

Room Tip: Get room 301 view of the ocean from living area. The bedroom is tucked away from all the noise on th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
And we look forward to welcoming you back! We appreciate the time you took to let us know how your stay went. Hope to see you soon!

816 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everything about this hotel was perfect. The staff, especially Richard, Victor, Johnny and Andre, were helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and the continental breakfast was more than adequate, despite what other reviews might imply. Best of all was the location, which is at the northern edge of all of South Beach's craziness. We were able to walk to everything, but the nightlife didn't intrude on us when we wanted some quiet time. We loved our stay at the Edgewater, and we hope we will be able to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a view, specify. Our room faced a small courtyard, but we did not go to South Beach to l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
The Edgewater front services crew thanks you very much for you wonderful comment and look forward to your return! Thank you so much for taking the time, we're happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

rafael was very accommodating and friendly during our stay. location is phenomenal; on the (semi) quiter end of the strip. room was clean and view was great. only negative was the 'included' breakfast that was not good at all but many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed September 2012
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. Sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast offering, most of our guests seem to enjoy having this option. As you stated, there are plenty of restaurants in our immediate area that offer a full breakfast menu as opposed to our continental menu.
We hope to see you again!
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Everything is already said in the previous positive reviews: the super-friendly staff (the reception staff as well as Martine who is present at the happy hour), the spacious room, the breakfast with enough choice, the wonderful happy hour where we could end the day and start the evening with a nice glass of wine or beer (or two..... ). The location is great, the beach just a few steps away as well as the beautiful art deco buildings. The Lincoln Road Mall just a 10-minutes walk. Everything easy and friendly, a great holiday feeling in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We're very happy that you had a great time with us, we strive to create this experience for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share, we hope to see you soon!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

At the very first step in we immediately felt a special atmosphere in this place. Everybody was smiling and ready to help you for everything. Very good surprise when entering the 2 rooms we had booked with our friends. They were more impressive than they looked on the pictures. In one word we were very happy to be here for seven days. A special mention to Richard who did all his best to solve a problem we had had in a hotel in N Y NY.

Room Tip: We had a room on Ocean Bvrd but no noise thanks to the quality of the double windows
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Looks like Richard showed you the real face of hospitality! Thanks for the recognition and for choosing to stay with us, I'm sure we'll see you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked the Edgewater very last minute, literally as I was boarding my plane to Miami. I was very nervous about what I was going to get!!!!

When I arrived to the hotel for a late night check in, right from the moment I walked in I knew that this was going to be an excellent experience at this hotel!!!

The hotel was spotless!!!!! I read other reviews and could not believe that people were not happy with their stay.

I believe that EXCELLENT customer service is what makes you want to return to the Edgewater, they were truly on point with everything. The front desk staff were pleasant,courteous,respectful and went above and beyond to provided us with whatever we needed!!! This hotel is small, so the staff know you by first name, know who you are and exactly which room you are in. Everything was on point. Thank you to Andre, Johhny and RICHARD!!! You all were wonderful and because of you I will never stay anywhere else when I visit Miami which is pretty often. I will never give my business to that supposed 5 star stuffey resort like hotel (no names) that is overpriced with daily fees alone!!!!

Finally last but not least Rafael...Rafael is the hotels "do it all man"...This man was incredible and provided the best service ever!!! As soon as we walked in from the beach he greeted us with dry towels, he provided us with ice promptly, he was just incredible!!!!

When we checked out, I got my bill and there were no hidden fees or charges!!! Everything was explained to me right out! Businesses don't realized all of these big or little things is what makes a customer happy.

Congratulations Edgewater yes your location and amenities made us happy but I will return only because of your staff who provided us with superb customer service and made us happy with our choice of hotel!!!!!!

Thx Edgewater
Boston Friend-GR

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
You made everyone mentioned in your comment very happy! Our team thanks you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review for us and for choosing to stay with us. We very much look forward to your next stay.
Amelia Island, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I chose this place due to the reviews and was not impressed. I got a room overlooking an alley which did not offer a place to even hang my clothes. I heard the dinging from the elevator all night. I checked out early and Will not be back. I went to Z Ocean.

Room Tip: I wish I knew
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
George_Vesa, General Manager at Edgewater South Beach, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Esteemed guest,

Our apologies for not having met your expectations, your feedback is an exception to the overwhelmingly positive response we consistently receive from our guests. I would very much appreciate the chance to discuss your stay with us and have sent you my direct contact information.

Been to Edgewater South Beach? Share your experiences!