“Was Hoping For Better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kone Sushi

Kone Sushi
232 5th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly KONE Temaki Sake Lounge)
305-397-8770
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue
Description: KONE is a new concept of sushi restaurant. To better describe this concept there's three main words, exquisite, modern, and share. It's an all-new-way to peruse Japanese food. We have a strong Brazilian fusion on our recipes. Why is that? Well, the biggest colony of Japanese in the world is in Brazil. That tropical spirit mixed with the life changing experience of that community in a whole new environment, the American continent, have created a new complete exquisite experience, modern and innovative. And that's what we want to share.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Was Hoping For Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Following my normal MO when traveling solo, I look for a sushi bar nearby. KONE was less than five (5) blocks and had reasonable ratings so make the quick walk and was there.

Unlike most sushi restaurants, the sushi bar really isn't made for seating but I thought I'd give it a try regardless. They have it cluttered with the kind of stuff you quit noticing after you've seen it for too long. In all fairness, a table was offered but I refuse to sit a table solo... yes, that's not the restaurants fault.

They don't offer any versions of my usual sushi-sashimi special so had to break out of my norm and ordered a tuna handroll (looks like a seaweed ice cream cone) and some other normal roll. I also ordered a salad and miso soup. Key word was "ordered" as it never arrived.

The rolls arrived in only a few minutes but was looking forward to my miso oup and ginger salad. OK.. worse things in life.

The food I did receive was outstanding. Service was acceptable. The price was typical South Beach. Would I go back again, yes.. but only after checking the 15 other sushi restaurants that I could have walked.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Dublin, Ireland
“as an intro to sushi, v impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was the first time we had really tried a sushi-type restaurant. Thanks to Kone, it won't be the last. As well as serving delicious food, it is quite a cool bar, v popular with beautiful people in their 20s, so the people watching is quite good. Service was mixed, but overall well worth trying.

Visited January 2013
atlanta
“Pleasant Treat in South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Sushi was fresh and excellent. Not your typical sushi place, as it had a lot of unique options. Price was very reasonable, especially being in SoBe. And staff was friendly and happy to be there!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“KONE 2.0! ONCE AGAIN, FABULOUS FOOD AND SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My second visit to Kone was just as magnificent as the first! I love it! Dinner at Kone was one of the highlights of my visit to South Beach. I introduced a couple of friends to it. Even the picky eather liked it. Consider it a ritual. From now on, everytime I touch down in South Beach, Kone will be on the itinerary.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“It's good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I liked this restaurant! The food was good serves was fast and I would go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere