“It's good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kone Sushi

Kone Sushi
232 5th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly KONE Temaki Sake Lounge)
305-397-8770
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Doing business
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Avenue
Description: KONE is a new concept of sushi restaurant. To better describe this concept there's three main words, exquisite, modern, and share. It's an all-new-way to peruse Japanese food. We have a strong Brazilian fusion on our recipes. Why is that? Well, the biggest colony of Japanese in the world is in Brazil. That tropical spirit mixed with the life changing experience of that community in a whole new environment, the American continent, have created a new complete exquisite experience, modern and innovative. And that's what we want to share.
Miami Beach, Florida
“It's good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I liked this restaurant! The food was good serves was fast and I would go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Interesting and good sushi and entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

First the sushi is good. We started with the Ceviche which is wonderful. And had the Crazy Kone, Crunchy Monster and Magma. All above average and great. There are several good sushi spots in SoBe, so the difference at Kone is the atmosphere and entertainment. There was a DJ working from an Apple Computer in the corner and video projected on the wall. Good easy music and nice touch. There is sitting outside, but being near the corner of Washington and 5th probably a little noisy. Inside atmosphere is nice for dining but maybe not for all people?

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
new york
“not authentic sushi”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

the one star is for creativity and easy menu to read. that's about it. we waltzed in after going to eat joe's stone crabs only to find out they were closed for renovation in the summer time so walked and stumbled upon this place. WHY? WHY WHY???? total regret on all 4 of us in the group. we ordered a bunch of things to try and i have got to say nothing impressed!! NOTHING. service was lacking for the LONGEST time, and there were just two tables--us and another.. that apparently walked out. we wanted to do the same but we decided its too rude. but boy did we feel stupid. the owner even had the nerve to come out and argue with us about the bill. hello, we are from NYC where they do not auto tax and auto tip on our bill. they said miami is an international city that does it to protect the waiters from tourists from europe but thats not my problem! your waitress didnt deserve the 20% tip so SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. nyc is an international city also you baboon! ridiculous food, serivce, attitude, and price! in nyc sushi is way better/fresher/abundant and cheaper. just stay away.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“OMG! I DIDN'T KNOW SUSHI WOULD OR COULD TASTE SO GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I had my first sushi experience at this place. I was a little apprehensive at first but Andre made me feel right at home. I explained to him that I had never tried sushi before and asked if he had any suggestions. I must say that he did not disappoint! I had the Love Park which was a tempura. It was the most delectable piece of food that I have ever tasted! In fact, it was so good that I went back on the last day of my vacation to have it again! Thank you so much Andre! Carol was the best waitress/hostess and overly accommodating when I went back for a second time! Hats off to Melvin! You can make sushi for me anytime! I would also like to thank Eder and Lucas for helping to create such a warm and friendly environment! You guys rock! And so does Brazilian sushi! I will definitely be back!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, FL
“Simply Delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Boy am I glad I checked out Kone! This place is simply delicious! Our server's recommendations (and service overall) were spot-on. Everything was A+... we started with the truffle oil & sea salt Carpaccio (a must-have) and the ceviche sampler (the Kone ceviche was my fave, with the Hawaiian a close second). I personally am not a fan of temakis in general, but my fiancée adored his crunchy hand roll. He also liked the two specialty house drinks he ordered. We also ordered the M.O.M. sushi roll, which I'll surely order again.

Last but not least, I would have never guessed that anything could dethrone tiramisu as my all-time favorite dessert but, alas! The Carol Kone is a vanilla crispy cone filled with Nutella and strawberries. I mean, really?!

All this at very decent prices. This place will become a regular for us, especially since they do take-out and delivery.

• Visited October 2011