“Chef's tasting with wine pairing was perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta - Fontainebleau Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 898 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Boston, MA
“Chef's tasting with wine pairing was perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Dinner was delicious. Every course was better than the next. There were so many choices. The wines were also delicious. I did not care for the Fontainebleau, but I thought that dinner at Scarpetta was incredible. The service and ambiance were amazing. The bar service was also wonderful. I would return to the Fontainebleau to eat at Scarpetta.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, VA
“Good, but not great. And not for a large group!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Let me first say that I went to Scarpetti as part of a large group at a conference - probably 50 people. So, they seated us in a special area, an L-shaped room with windows on the long sides. It was horrible. It was so noisy, I had trouble hearing the person next to me, much less those across my round table.

With that said, the food was good. We had a set menu, served family style, so we got to try a lot of different dishes. It has been a few weeks, and I can't remember exactly what we had. That should say enough right there. I just wasn't that memorable. The wait staff was decent, but they didn't have enough people serving that large a group, so there were tables halfway through an entree before others ever got theirs.

The inside experience might be different if you are there as a couple or with a small group. But I will never know. It was not good enough that I would ever go back. As I say, there are too many good restaurants to ever waste time on one that doesn't hit it out of the park on the first visit.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro
“Very good food! But the service could be better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and my husband were there last night and chose the tasting menu, so we could have a good perspective of the restaurant. The food was really tasteful and the wine was perfect. Victor, the waiter, was very attentive and polite. The only inconvenient thing is that instead of individual small portions, the plates of samples are to be shared, and we have to serve ourselves, what messes up the presentation of the food. I would say that this is a very good quality restaurant, but should improve the quality of the service. Anyway we will return and I recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Crappy dining experience!!! SIX STRIKES, NOT FIVE STARS!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our evening at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau started with the hostess knocking over my drink and spilling it on my pants, my shirt and my jacket. Not only did she NOT offer to cover my dry cleaning costs, she didn't even offer me a new drink. She picked up the old, spilled one and planned to set it on the table again. I actually had to ASK for a new drink. STRIKE ONE. Most of the appetizers were passable, but the mixed seafood fritto was mostly french fries (where's the seafood?) and incredibly salty, almost to the point of being inedible. STRIKE TWO. The dining room was so dark that the waiter, with each course, would come with a FLASHLIGHT to illuminate our food and show us "THE COLORS" before leaving and plunging us back into darkness, to pick at our food blindly. STRIKE THREE. The room was so noisy that I couldn't hear the conversation of the person sitting across the table from me; we had to shout throughout our meal. STRIKE FOUR. I saw employees in the men's room who used the toilets and didn't wash their hands before leaving the men's room. STRIKE FIVE. And I actually saw a waiter pause at the next table, pick up a napkin that had fallen on the floor and was being trampled underfoot, carefully fold it, and PLACE IT BACK ON THE TABLE. STRIKE SIX. That's disgusting. I would expect this level of service from McDonald's. This is a five-star, two-diamond restaurant? You have to be kidding me.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan Center, Michigan
“not as good as Toronto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate at Scarpetta in Toronto last year and booked the Miami restaurant as to take friends who live in Miami to dinner. The cocktails were great with very unusual flavours, but beyond that, the food was somewhat uninspiring. The portions were very small (even for Europeans), but the check was not. All of our party were hungry afterwards.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere