“Very good food! But the service could be better!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta - Fontainebleau Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 872 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Rio de Janeiro
“Very good food! But the service could be better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and my husband were there last night and chose the tasting menu, so we could have a good perspective of the restaurant. The food was really tasteful and the wine was perfect. Victor, the waiter, was very attentive and polite. The only inconvenient thing is that instead of individual small portions, the plates of samples are to be shared, and we have to serve ourselves, what messes up the presentation of the food. I would say that this is a very good quality restaurant, but should improve the quality of the service. Anyway we will return and I recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Crappy dining experience!!! SIX STRIKES, NOT FIVE STARS!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Our evening at Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau started with the hostess knocking over my drink and spilling it on my pants, my shirt and my jacket. Not only did she NOT offer to cover my dry cleaning costs, she didn't even offer me a new drink. She picked up the old, spilled one and planned to set it on the table again. I actually had to ASK for a new drink. STRIKE ONE. Most of the appetizers were passable, but the mixed seafood fritto was mostly french fries (where's the seafood?) and incredibly salty, almost to the point of being inedible. STRIKE TWO. The dining room was so dark that the waiter, with each course, would come with a FLASHLIGHT to illuminate our food and show us "THE COLORS" before leaving and plunging us back into darkness, to pick at our food blindly. STRIKE THREE. The room was so noisy that I couldn't hear the conversation of the person sitting across the table from me; we had to shout throughout our meal. STRIKE FOUR. I saw employees in the men's room who used the toilets and didn't wash their hands before leaving the men's room. STRIKE FIVE. And I actually saw a waiter pause at the next table, pick up a napkin that had fallen on the floor and was being trampled underfoot, carefully fold it, and PLACE IT BACK ON THE TABLE. STRIKE SIX. That's disgusting. I would expect this level of service from McDonald's. This is a five-star, two-diamond restaurant? You have to be kidding me.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Michigan Center, Michigan
“not as good as Toronto”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate at Scarpetta in Toronto last year and booked the Miami restaurant as to take friends who live in Miami to dinner. The cocktails were great with very unusual flavours, but beyond that, the food was somewhat uninspiring. The portions were very small (even for Europeans), but the check was not. All of our party were hungry afterwards.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing service, view and food. An out of this world experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I went to Scarpetta while visiting Miami because I loved Nina as a cheftestant on Top Chef. It did not disappoint. I've dined at about 10 other former Top Chef restaurants and none compared to the service and food of Scarpetta. The view is worth it alone there but top it with 10 star service and not to be forgotten food - wow!

Our waiter, Luis, was even kind enough to bring Nina to our table after we mentioned I was a big fan. I got a picture and she couldn't have been nicer. For food I recommend the octopus to start, any of the pastas (but my family raved about the duck ravioli), the scallops and cod we both great as well. Do not miss the dessert especially the strawberry one if you like fruity desserts. I'll definitely be going back and will recommend all my friends go too.

New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I chose Scarpetta for my birthday dinner because of Chef Nina. She did not disappoint and the food was amazing! From apps to dessert we cleaned our plates! The restaurant is gorgeous and service from Giancarlo was superb. I even got to meet Chef Nina! Scarpetta is at the top of my list for all Miami visits.

• Visited February 2014