“Excellent Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta - Fontainebleau Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 842 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Description: Scarpetta, by James Beard award recipient Scott Conant, offers a regional Italian menu combining the simplicity of Italy's cucina rustica with the refined flavors of fine cuisine amidst breathtaking views. An Italian expression that means "little shoe" - or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish - Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to its very last taste. Scarpetta at Fontainebleau is also a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award. With more than a decade of experience in the culinary industry, Chef de Cuisine Marlon Rambaran brings his culinary prowess to Scarpetta.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We came here on our first night in South Beach and it was really great. The taxi driver dropped us off at the main entrance to Fontainebleau so we got to walk through the lobby and parts of the hotel. It's a beautiful building. The restaurant is awesomely decorated and it totally feels like you are in a boat as other posters have said. We were seated in the main dining room with a great view of everything that was going on. The food was out of this world! I think there was a mess up in the kitchen because our waiter came out with free polenta for us to "try" and when we asked him if something happened in the back he just played it off. It was find to us - the polenta was fabulous! Great wine selection and unbelievable food. It is VERY pricey as others have mentioned as well but well worth it when in Miami.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hollywood, Florida
“We return year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

A group of friends and I visit Scarpetta annually for their Miami Marathon Carb up menu. It is a prix fixe menu that never disappoints. Must haves include the Truffle Mushroom Polenta, the Spaghetti and Duck Foie Gras Ravioli. Service is alway attentive and we always feel like the only people in the world. You will spend a pretty penny at Scarpetta but it is always worth it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Amazing Meal @ Scarpetta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I'm in love with the carb-up prix-fixe menu at Scarpetta in preparation for the Miami Marathon! The Fontainebleau is at the forefront of captivating Miami's culture of chic and elegance, and any chance I get to visit the hotel is a plus.
I look forward to the Miami Marathon annually and one of the top reasons that I do is for my dinner at Scarpetta. I guarantee that there is no better meal in preparation for the race than the prix-fixe dinner. The attention to detail is exemplary throughout the meal. There are several choices on the menu, and the friendly staff is wonderful at helping make recommendations, but I cannot steer away from the Spaghetti! If you've never had it, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2014
NY
“Excellent Staff, OK Food, Very Pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

So - Caveat first - I am from NY and have dined at many restaurants with tasting/chefs menus.

Our group from NY came to Scarpetta to have the tasting menu with wine paring. Based on others comments, I expected to be really wowed. Yeah, No.

Service is top notch and attentive. Silverwear replaced after each course, server and assistant constantly checking in, pouring water etc.

The Space/Venue is supposed to replicate a Yacht or High end cruise ship I guess. The seating is spacious enough, but the music was blaring - and was very urban/modern. The scenery and music simply did not blend harmoniously. It was often difficult to hear the dish the server was presenting or the wine description the sommelier was providing as well as having a conversation with my tablemates.

Food: Started off with a bang. The amuse bouche was yellow fin and tasty. Served on individual plates. I was ready for more. It was disappointing from there.

First, and very oddly, the courses were served "family style". I can honestly say I have never before encountered a tasting menu served family style. It was difficult to divide one short rib, for example. Additionally, we had one vegetarian (who they assured us they could accommodate) who received nothing additional when the family style course of meat was served.

The pasta dishes were simply awful. Gluey, gummy, and very stale/old. The pasta seemed as if they were sitting around in the back for a while and just scooped up and served. Again an issue with the family style - very difficult to divvy up a micro plate of spaghetti. The food limped along from there. Nothing memorable, tasty or desirable.

Wine - very pedestrian selection. The pours were very generous. The sommelier presented each bottle with a description, but when I tried to engage in some discussion, he was rather stiff (and seemed bored) and wasn't an eager participant. It made the wine service seem rather perfunctory, rather than a celebration of the meal and a special occasion.

The bill for the tasting menu with wine paring for four was $750.

For me, Scarpetta is simply a hotel restaurant, with uninspired dishes, not well done nor well presented. There are better food opportunities to be found for the price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Morristown, New Jersey
“Food was fantastic! Wait staff could use some work.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Was here for a work function so had the pre-fix menu. Everything was delicous! The wait staff while attentive were a little obnoxious. They were not very polite. This may have been because we were a very large party and

• Visited January 2014