“Best Italian food on the beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta - Fontainebleau Miami Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 836 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th & Colllins
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Best Italian food on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I came here on a date with my boyfriend before we headed over to the nightclub at the hotel. The hostess team was beautiful and friendly. We only had to wait 20 min to be seated on a Thursday night.We had a few drinks by the bar before we had dinner... Absolutely yummy! The server was knowledgable of the menu and suggested all of the best dishes. Their pasta is made perfect! I would definitely come back here

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Beyond incredible!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Spent a few days in Miami and went to all the hot spots. However, Scarpetta and Benoit our waiter are on there own level. Calling Benoit a waiter is doing him a disservice. He is equally as impressive as Scarpetta itself. From the moment we sat down you knew this was going to be something special. A visit by the sommelier after Benoit's recommendation on dinner and we were in heaven. I would recommend requesting Benoit as he is definitely a huge factor in the experience.

• Visited November 2013
Bristol
“Delicate Italian meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I dined at Scarpetta and had a wonderful meal. The servers were attentive and informative but not excessively so. The menu had a number of tempting dishes but, after some tasty antipasti, we went for black cod which was a new species to us. Apparently it is found in the Arctic. It was delicately prepared and succulent, much better than "ordinary" cod. The meal finished up with a wonderful dessert that was a combination of creme caramel and lemon. The interval between ordering seemed to be exactly right for each dish to be specially prepared. It was a Saturday evening and busy enough without being excessively noisy. With wine, the price was 150 USD which we thought was correct for the quality.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not to be missed in Miami!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

There are 3 main reasons I love eating here. #1-The General Manager, Sonny Gorushanovich. #2- Incredibly tasty Italian dishes that always make me say "WOW" after every bite & #3- My favorite server, Benoit Mathurin.

#1- Sonny is some of the best talent in the hospitality industry that I've ever known, & I've been working in the industry myself for 15 years. He takes pride in running an entity as if it was his own establishment. I met him over 6 years ago when he was with Karu & Y & since then, I will follow him everywhere he goes because I know it's bound to be a wonderful experience. Since he knew it was a special night for my friends & I, he treated us like princesses! He swung by a few times throughout dinner to make sure everything was on par, & he passed by again towards the end to make us smile with his sweet nature (& of course to ensure that dinner was the best it could be). That type of White Glove Service goes extremely far in my book & it's rare to get that kind of personal service from a GM.

#2- My friends had the Braised Short Ribs of Beef & were in heaven with the textures & the meat quality. I had the Creamy Polenta & as always, this dish is a must try. It's so creamy & it's just uniquely divine. For the main dish, the Duck & Foie Gras Ravioli was OFF THE CHAIN for lack of better words. Every bite was a perfect combination of tastes packed into 1 punch (highly recommended). My friends tried the Diver Sea Scallops & Fennel Dusted Black Cod & were still raving about the dishes the following day. We ended with the Amedei Chocolate Cake, which comes with toasted almond gelato & a salted caramel sauce & I have to say.. this is NO regular chocolate cake. It was seriously to die for.

#3- I was first served by Benoit a year ago & he was so hospitable, friendly, knowledgeable, personable & fun that every single time I return back, I specifically request Benoit as my server. Once when I came & he was unavailable, the service was still great, but he really adds to the dining experience, so if I'm lucky enough to have him, I always give the restaurant extra brownie points. I feel like customer service is such a huge part of having a nice dinner out, so I try to go in when he usually works (Tuesday-Saturday). His menu suggestions were all of the above & they were all fabulous as noted. He also suggested 1 of the best White Wine's I've had in my life to pair with everything. By the end of dinner, my friends mentioned that they felt like they made a new friend & I agreed!

I also love the ambiance there. It's not stuffy and yet it's very elegant, but relaxed. The nautical decor makes me feel at ease immediately because I always feel like I'm on a yacht or cruise & the lighting is very nice. All in all, this place is incredible & I cannot wait to go back!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The finest Italian anywhere outside of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

22 of my friends and I were invited to Scarpetta for a friends BDay. By the time I left, I felt like it was my BDay. Carlos the head server and the rest of the staff were impeccable. The food was better than we heard it was (that says a lot) the home made spaghetti is out if this world, you will want some to go, don't be shy you will thank yourself the next day! BR

• Visited October 2013