“Appropriately Oriented Fun Guaranteed!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Appropriately Oriented Fun Guaranteed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I staid at Lords over New Year and loved it. I am working in the luxury hotel industry myself and always have high expectation when travelling (this is how you become when work in the industry). I have to admit that Lords met all of them. The staff, the service, the rooms make you feel very comfortable and you only have to worry about one thing: enjoy yourself, which I did.

This was my second experience staying in an “appropriately oriented hotel”. The hotel had an awesome location in SB. I was not too familiar with the area but Lords is right in between everything: Shops, Bars, G beach (just 1 block away). Not to say that the hotel has plenty of resources to keep you entertain if you decide to stay in (parties, pools, restaurant). The Punch Brunch and Pool Party on Sunday was so much fun and the food was way above my expectations, just amazing. I met a lot of amazing people while staying at Lords and we all had an amazing time – it was just the best way to start a New Year!!!

I will be back for sure and definitely recommend the hotel over many others.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel was in a great location close to the beach, shops, restaurants, etc... and the updates in the the hotel are nice. However, I would not rate this at 4 stars because there is a lack of attention to detail; stains, unfinished quality, burnt out lightbulbs in our room, unplugged lamps at arrival, poorly functional windows, leaky faucet, warm minibar fridge to name a few. But by far the worst part was the staff; extremely rude, pompous, and pretentious, starting immediately with the girl who works at check-in painting whiteout onto her nails while acting extremely bothered to do her job and check us in. Bartenders also quickly spouted that the bar was closed and that we should go somewhere else even though I just purchased 2 drinks there and was only going to them to ask where the nearest bathroom was. Oh, and don't even attempt to check-in before 3pm...it is not an option as we were rudely dismissed so that the princess could go back to yapping on the phone. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. The hotel is cute and in a good location; but don't pay more than you would for a 3-star hotel for sure. And just mentally prepare yourself to deal with the b*#$%@ staff.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I travel a lot and love staying in cool and nice hotels but what really strick me as a great experience is a unique one, and Lords definitely delivered a great one!

I stayed in gay friendly hotels before in barcelona and bueno aires and the sucked I'm very happy that I gay Lords a chance, the hotel is super cute and the design was perfect for South beach, room were big and I love the colors and the nice blinds that kept dark when I need it, was clean and as I Gay man I just have to say I LOVED the super cute and friendly staff, is hard to find hot and friendly this days.

I already booked my next trip in february, being a Brazilian living in NY I have to escape to Miami in the winter as much as possible and now I'm super happy to know I have a place to stay the have a great price and I will have a great time and be myself without a problem or annoying straight people judging the size of my speedo.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
West Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Lord's is excellent. Perfect location! Every single staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The hotel is bright and cheerful, and inviting. The food in the restaurant was amazing! The only slight negatives I would say is that the bed was a bit lumpy (but not horrible), and the cost is a bit high (but certainly not out of line with other hotels in South Beach).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Salem, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

My partner and I booked their grand opening special rate and it was worth the money for sure. The room was a good size, overlooking the pools and courtyard. Everything is brand new so the quality was there. Not luxury by any means, but decent. Free wifi. No coffee or anything in the morning which was too bad. Also, no guest services directory, which was a pain. Attention to detail was lacking but i'm kind of picky. For instance, the sink was cracked, the threshold to the bathroom wasn't properly screwed down, there was dust on the furniture, no vacuuming each day and with light carpet it shows. Bed not the most comfortable, but i'm spoiled by the Marriott beds. Overall good. Staff friendly. Huge flat screen tv.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lords South Beach. We will certainly take your coffee suggestion into consideration, as well as ensure that our housekeeping team is consistent and punctual in their efforts. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Management
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Loved the people and the location, atmosphere was fun and friendly, a definite thumbs up! Parking needs to be more affordable and convenient.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

So, I was really excited to go stay here. They've been getting a lot of great press and it was my first trip to Miami Beach. Plus, they have been offering a very nice rate for their grand opening. I thought it was going to be great.
Not so much...
I won't go into too much detail, but let's just say that if you're a discerning traveler, there are better places to spend your money. If you just want to be surrounded by other gay guys and don't care too much about the quality of the room or the guest experience, then you'll enjoy this place.
The high points- Most of the service staff and other guests we interacted with were great. The bar serves great drinks. They have a big polar bear in the lobby. Great central location.
The low points- The bed was beyond squeaky, the toilet paper is of poor quality, the Elizabeth Taylor decal on the wall is already peeling off, the grouting in the bathroom was already coming undone, the floors feel weirdly uneven, some members of the service staff were either totally uninterested in you, or totally too interested in you, very uneven.
When I stay at a hotel, I want a nice quality room/bed and a high level of professionalism within the guest service staff. This did not meet my expectations. You can stay somewhere a lot nicer for the same amount of money, and come hang out at the pool/bar if you want to look at all the pretty boys.

Dear Guest,

We apologize that you weren’t satisfied with your experience at Lords South Beach. Still in our launch phase, we welcome your feedback, and are actively working to flush out the kinks addressed. We thank you for your kind comments regarding the great rates, excellent location, and friendly staff, and we truly hope that you will visit again soon so that we can improve upon your stay.

Management

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!