“Girls trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stiles Hotel South Beach

You added The Stiles Hotel South Beach to your Saves list
The Stiles Hotel South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Third Night Free Offer
Ranked #72 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Girls trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Evan who works the front desk was so friendly and helpful! We got in early and room wasnt ready so we walked to eat but they were happy to store our luggage. Room was nice a little older looking but still clean. Location is great and the beach chairs is a plus!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manalapan, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I were able to escape to South Beach for a long weekend, and ended up at the Stiles when the Ocean Drive Art Deco hotel we stayed in previously was closed for a renovation. What great luck! The lobby is glam, the room was clean and well appointed, with a nice big bathroom. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. There are 3 pools in the back. We also enjoyed breakfast al fresco each morning. The Stiles is one block removed from the crazy scene on Ocean Drive which really amped up the appeal for me. I really felt that this hotel was a find in a city where you can pay a fortune for a room. I would stay there again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at The Stiles Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Jill010, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review about your experience at the Stiles Hotel. I see that you really had a chance to enjoy not only the close proximity to the beach, restaurants and night life but the hotel facilities as well. Thank you also for your mentioning of my staff as they really do try to go out of their way to make everyone feel at home. I'm glad that you had a chance to enjoy our new restaurant the Primrose for breakfast. I would hope that if you have a chance to come back that you will have an opportunity to dine with us in the evening as well. Should your travels bring you back to South Beach please do call us so that we can try to replicate another wonderful experience for you. Until then, safe travels.
Memphis, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel's staff, location, decor, and room are all excellent. It not stuffy. This hotel has the right level of hospitality and comfort. The location is quiet and close to everything. My only issue was the sink was clogged, but it seemed to be an easy fix. Also, the rooms are a little small. Next time we will look at the suites. The best quality is the staff. They are unbeatable. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello 254ednah, thank you for your beautiful comments about your stay with us. I'm really glad that you had to chance to enjoy the hotel and that our staff made it such a memorable occasion. If you do have a chance to come back then please do inquire about the terrace suites as those rooms are much larger. I do apologize about the sink however I believe we were able to take care of that immediately. Should your travels bring you back to South Beach, please do consider us again. Until then, safe travels.
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed one night, didn't wish to be on the busier Ocean Drive. Hotel very well maintained with current painting of main areas. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Wifi in the room was good. Food was excellent in the bistro & breakfast on the street side patio. Valet car return only 15 to 20 minutes wait. While this is an older property like most in South Beach, it is in better condition than many of the other hotels. A quiet 3rd floor room with comfortable bed . with adequate amenities. Will definitely stay at The Stiles on next trip

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jaime E, General Manager at The Stiles Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello peterbZ2497LL, thank you for taking the time to write about your brief but fun stay with us. You are correct in regards to the painting as we recently finished the last portion of our complete renovation of the hotel. Yes, we are an older building as we are considered a historical boutique hotel but that's what make it fun to say here with us. I'm glad you had a chance to dine at our Primrose restaurant as this also was a new addition to our hotel. Thank you for your mention of my staff as you can see they are a big part of our success here at the Stiles. I am very please to know that you would consider us again. Until then, safe travels
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends n I went for the 2nd time and really enjoyed it more than the first. The staff was super friendly especially Michelle at the front desk and the hotel manager. The rooms were great as we were accommodated with an upgrade on 1 room. In the upgraded room however, the safe was not bolted down. So we all used the one in the smaller room. The cleaning service attendants were excellent. No one knocking on your door in the am when you put that little sign on the door. With our room came 2 free beach chairs and any extra was 15$ so the girls and I split that cost every day which is a bargain! The breakfast service was the only thing I can complain a little Abt. The waitress could not handle more than 2 tables. She had to completely finish with 1 table before she came to my sister and I. But the food was excellent!! Overall I love this place and would def go back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello 65candiceb, thank you for just a wonderful review. I appreciate your mention of Michelle as she is to be considered one of our rock stars among many that we have here. I'm glad that we had an opportunity to host you again as we get very excited about our repeat guests. Thank you for the mention of the beach chairs as all of our guests enjoy this perk. I do apologize about the in room safe we just recently finished our renovation and therefore we are finding out about the little details that can at times be overlooked. I have spoken to our F&B manager and we are looking at what better and quicker ways we can service our guests during our meal periods. I hope that we will have another opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please do call us directly the next time your travels bring you back to South Beach.
Skokie, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our room's AC unit was not functioning the entire time we were there. The shower spray was in poor condition and the entire bathroom floor was wet because of it. I mentioned these things to the front desk several times and did not receive helpful customer service.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello KeenTraveler04, I wanted to get back to you as quickly as possible as I wanted to apologize for what occurred. I knew that you had issues with the AC but never to the point that it did not work the whole time during your stay. Usually in those cases we do move our guests to another room. Not really sure about the shower head as these things can be adjusted. I will address this with my staff as they have a great history of being able to resolve the matter sooner than later. I would like to invite you back so that we can have another opportunity to give you the kind of experience that the vast majority of our guests really enjoy. Please call me directly should you want to have a conversation in regards to this. Take care.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Stiles has recently been renovated (still some new paint smell), so is in good condition. The interior decor fits in with the Art Deco character of the building. The Hotel itself isn't on the main street in South Beach, but is only a block away from the main street & the beach.
The reception clerk (I didn't get his name) was one of the friendliest hotel staff I've met.
Negatives? The only irritant was the $15 dollar "resort fee" that was mentioned in the fine print. These non-optional extra amounts ("resort fees", "safety deposit box fees" etc) seem to be common amongst Miami Hotels. They should stop annoying their customers & roll all non-optional "extra" amounts into the nightly tariff.
Overall I'd recommend the Stiles as an attractive & pleasant hotel with friendly staff, but make sure you check the fine print for "extras"

Room Tip: Some street noise for rooms at the front of the building
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Jaime E, General Manager at The Stiles Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Philip J, I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent review of the property and your stay. Sorry about the recent paint smell but we where in the final stages of our renovations. Still we are happy that you enjoyed our new room product and fresh new look. You are correct as the hotel is located one block from the beach and in the heart of all the restaurants and night life Miami Beach has to offer. Thank you for your comments about my staff. Seems allot of our guests do enjoy their interaction with them. I did want to address the resort fee. Yes this is common practice in most hotels on the beach. What our resort fee provides is the following, 2 beach chairs per room on 10th and Ocean, beach towels, Wi-Fi, 2 daily bottles of water and free local calls. Given the cost of just the chairs ($12.00 each) on the beach the resort fee is greatly received by our guests. I hope that the overall experience was more than satisfactory and that you would consider us again in the near future. Until then, safe travels.

Been to The Stiles Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!