“Needs Improvement!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Stiles Hotel, South Beach

You added The Stiles Hotel, South Beach to your Saves list
The Stiles Hotel, South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #75 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bronx, New York
“Needs Improvement!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel needs a lot of improvement. Upon checking-in, I was told, only after asking, that we would be getting a room with one King bed and a sofa bed(208 or 209, can't recall); we were expecting two double beds. I called the manager because the woman at the front was way too nonchalant. The mama get informed us that for the rest of our stay, we were promised a room with two beds and the resort fee would be waived. We also received a $25 drink voucher.

The next day, we packed our bags, the hotel staff moved them to the next room, and received a phone call when the room was ready. Unfortunately, the room (218) did not have two double beds either. It was a nice suite with one King, one sofa bed, and a balcony. I had to go back downstairs and explain to the woman at the front that we needed two beds. She said she gave us the room because she thought we would like it; disregarding our request for two beds. After explaining once again that we do not want a King and sofa bed, she gave us room 219; which was exactly what we wanted. FINALLY!!!

Room 219 was spacious. The material on the couch was dirty. I did not sit on it at all. The beds were comfortable and big. At times, it was difficult to get the tv on. The bathroom was very spacious. The shower didn't have a door; which I thought was odd. Also, the handle for the knob to adjust the water temperature (also odd) was broken. I did notice that our room wasn't cleaned the following morning; it was for the remainder of the stay.

After the room fiasco, I don't have anything to complain about. The beach chairs and towels were a plus. We didn't eat at the restaurant nor did we visit the pool area. The hotel should let the guests know about the downstairs area; it's really cute and the bartender is extremely nice!

I would really have to get it some thought before I stayed at the Stiles again. If 219 was the best room they had with two beds, I'm not sure if I would want to see the others.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location is great. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Place had recent renovation which it needed. Internet was pokey at times. Access to beach chair and free towels nice. Pools are mostly in shade so not great for during the day. Unfortunately, there are pool hours so no late night dipping in pool. No gym or gym passes anymore.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We are welcomed by Rey, Evan and the very lovely Michelle! We were very happy and enjoyed our stay! All of the staff were very courteous and friendly. We stayed in a quiet room and comfortable bed. We will definitely recommend this Hotel

Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff made our stay very welcoming, they were helpful polite and courteous, the location of the hotel is very good. The shower was efficient and the bed very comfortable, although the pillows ended up giving me neck ache. The room was clean. The downside? Well the place is a bit tired, carpet on the stairs leading up to second floor is filthy and in need of a good clean. There is only one lift which is very slow. The walls are not very sound proof, but the terrible noise from the A/C unit in the room just about masks any noise from your neighbour! Avoid room 205 unless you want a view of a building site, thankfully they don't work weekends! Would I return? No, so many hotels to choose from and I don't really rate this one unfortunately...

Room Tip: Don't pick room 205 looks out onto a building site, window is glazed which keeps your privacy bu...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you're looking for the best boutique hotel in south beach, search no longer! Everything is so cute from the way the rooms are decorated to the three pools they have outside. This was my second time staying here this year, both times I went with friends and they all loved it and this is my go to hotel every time I'm in Miami. The location is beautiful, convenient, and will really give you that south beach life experience. Every staff member I've encountered is extra friendly and helpful which always make me feel comfortable. Also, the Primrose Restaurant located downstairs was delicious, unfortunately I only had time to go once during this stay, but the duck was to die for and I can't wait to try more entrees next time I come back. The waitstaff was very friendly as well and my food came out exactly how I wanted and in a timely manner. This hotel really is my home away from home, I love it!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Check in was quick and easy. The concierge was friendly and provided lots of advice. Our room, as well as the hotel, was clean and comforting. Included in the resort fee are beach chairs and towels, literally 2 blocks away from the hotel. Lots of food, shops, night life in the area. For the price, not a bad deal at all.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

loved this hotel! Great amenities like beach chairs included! Also loved room 117, it doubles as two bedrooms and has a large balcony with beach chairs, lounge chairs, and outdoor shower...all to yourself! Most rooms don't have that as this is a small boutique hotel!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Stiles Hotel, South Beach? Share your experiences!