“Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #76 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Key West, Florida
“Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I originally booked my stay at this property under the hotel name Lords. When I arrived, the name of the hotel had changed, but my expectations were exceeded (for the most part.) The room was adorable - thanks to the front desk for the upgrade!! It was perfect for the occasion, as I was in town celebrating a dear friend's birthday. I was able to black out the room with the window treatments and take a daytime nap comfortably. I truly appreciate this! The lobby bar is absolutely adorable, encrusted in gold tiles. The only thing I would change would be the barker out front that is selling a trip to a local, sleazy strip club. I just don't think it added to the experience, it cheapened it. Checkout was a breeze, and the front desk staff was one of the friendliest I've experienced in the area!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello Keywest Eric, I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the wonderful comments you made in regards to your stay with us. I'm glad that we actually where able to surprise you as many guests sometimes don't know what to expect when they choose to stay at a boutique hotel. The Gold Bar is actually becoming a hidden little secret which many are quickly discovering. In regards to the street vendors, they are not typically in front of the hotel. It's a group of guys that try to promote their bus business. I can at least assure you that we do not promote nor encourage any of our guests to get on these busses. Aside from that I hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting another one of your vacations in the near future. Until then, safe travels and thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had meetings in Miami and spent a long weekend at the Nash Miami Beach before heading to California on business.I was looking for a well located Art Deco Hotel that was accessible to, but not in, all the action... beach, restaurants, clubs and stores. I am on the road every week as CEO of a company that serves over 100,000 businesses nationwide and client service has been the foundation of our success. The Nash was a quiet retreat to recharge while providing a comfortable base to explore. The staff exceeded my expectations, one recommended a place to get a haircut, and another ran after a cab with my luggage to help get me to the airport on time. That's commitment...I recommend the Nash. Kick back and relax or dance till dawn, the Nash is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello Jim M, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your incredible comments. I have shared this with the team and are delighted that their efforts are making such an impact. We value your business and professional critique. I hope that you do consider us again as an option as you best described what we are trying to accomplish. We want our guest to consider us a place of relaxation so that they can either enjoy the soft side of South Beach or all the wild and excitement that it can truly be. In the end, we are a place to recharge before you decide to do it all over again as we are so close to it all. With that being said, thank you again and hope to see you soon. Safe travels.
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I travel quite a bit on business and stay at a lot of hotels as a result. This time I stayed in room #315 at Hotel Nash in Sobe. I have to say the "experience" from reservations to check-out was phenomenal. The interaction with the staff, was the BEST I have had in years. They are courteous, friendly, polite, and always eager to provide the best customer service possible.

The Hotel is one block away from the beach, in the heart of the SoBe action, restaurants, night clubs; everything is within walking distance and taxi's are always available.

The hotel itself has wonderful décor and the room was clean, well appointed, and faced the 3 pools.

All in all it was a great experience. I will definitely be back and I highly recommend The Hotel Nash!

Room Tip: Room #315 has pool views and is very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello MiamiPeter88, thank you so much for you kind review. We are very excited that we where able to make your stay a very comfortable and pleasant one. As you can see my staff is working hard to make a major impression and difference with every guest. I also want to thank you for acknowledging our efforts for cleanliness. We hope that you will come back and visit us again as we are going to be giving the hotel a fresh new look within the next couple of months. . Should your travels bring you back to South Beach, please continue to consider us an option as we appreciate your business. Thank you again for your kind comments, safe travels.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hi,

My wife and I spent 4 nights there. The big positive things that I can say was nice staff and very good location, almost 4 minutes walk to the beach, if you are a beach lover.

But they had very poor internet access that was totally useless. We both got very itchy skin rashes during our stay there. The bed mattress were very noisy. The walls were not sound proof and you could hear other people talking.

Over all I will not go there next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Hello Mohammad R, first I wanted to thank you for mentioning that positive interaction you had with my staff as we are trying very hard to make sure that everyone feels welcomed at our hotel. I'm also glad to see you enjoyed the location of the hotel as we are in close proximity to the beach, restaurants and nightlife. I do apologize for the bad connection to the internet, not sure why as the internet has not been an issue in the past but we will be looking into this to make sure that things are working properly. In regards to the other items that you mentioned, yes you are correct that no hotel is completely sound proof especially here in South Beach as the majority of our guests get really excited about being here. Finally, about the fact that you an your wife got some sort of allergic reaction or rash. Since my time here this is the first anyone has mentioned it before, it could be many factors but if you feel that it was something in particular that occurred at the hotel please contact me directly so that we can try to pinpoint this issue. I hope that after we speak, I might have the opportunity to have you again as our guest and let you leave here with a more positive memory. Until then, safe travels.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was a great hotel and very central, we stayed in a suite very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly and very helpful we look forward to coming back soon. Located very close to the water and to great restaurants .

Room Tip: great suites
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Abdiel A, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We are very fortunate that we where able to accommodate you and your friend at the last minute. I'm very pleased to see that my staff was able to make a quick impression during your short time with us. I hope that we have done enough so that you would consider us again in the near future. Please follow up with us in regards to our future renovations along with an exciting new restaurant that will give this hotel a fresh new look. Until then, safe travels.
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

rooms are nicely decorated shoe boxes..bed is almost arms reach to the door which makes privacy really interesting. Bathrooms are tiny as well. Location is good. Staff is nice but the room really is the dealbreaker. If you are there for a romantic getaway pick somewhere else.
Price is way to high for what you get.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello Kidzip, first I want to thank you for acknowledging my staff as they do work very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and provided a friendly atmosphere. In regards to the room size, your right some of the rooms can be considered small. Seems this is the general rule of boutique hotels on South Beach.. I would love the opportunity to have you come back and experience some of our larger suites that provide a spacious living room area as well as some that come with oversize terraces. Again I do hope that you would consider us again as we have allot of different style of rooms that I'm sure will make your possible future stay a more memorable one. If this is something you would consider please call me directly so that I can assist you with some options and affordable pricing. Until then, safe travels.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Loved staying at this place- staff really friendly, room nice and airy and the pool area (3 small plunge pools) were a welcome and peaceful respite from the hustle of ocean drive; a 30second walk away. Would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Hello Holidayarris, I wanted to thank you for your response about your stay. As you mentioned we do try to present this hotel as a quite little getaway from the excitement that South Beach provides. The idea is go out and play as hard as you want but come back and relax and re-charge yourself before you go out and do it all over again. The plunge pools do seem to be a guest favorite as they tend to lay out there and jump in when they need to refresh themselves. I hope that we have another opportunity to host your vacation again in the near future. My staff and I thank you again for your patronage.

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!