“Awesome location and service, room was clean but a little on the smaller side.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #79 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at Hotel Nash. The staff was awesome, the location was even better. The beach was a block away and there were tons of great places to shop and eat. Add roughly $40 a night for resort fees and parking. Would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Jaime E, General Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello tyrboyd1, I wanted to take this moment and thank you for your positive feed back of your experience at our hotel. I have passed along your kind remarks to my staff in order to continuously encourage them and show them what an impact they are making. We are very fortunate as you mentioned that we are steps away from the beach, restaurants and night life. In regards to the resort fees, we due charge a $12.50 daily that includes internet, continental breakfast, and local phone calls. Please consider us again as choice during your next stay in South Beach as you will have a chance to experience all the new and exciting things we are implementing on our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed 1 night at the Nash based on a friends recommendation. Upon arrival I did notice to street construction that was taking place, at first I was hesitant about what to expect but it quickly turned into a positive when the doorman quickly came down to help me with our luggage. The staff was very friendly and the rooms where very clean. The location is awesome as your one block away from the beach and all the night life. The hotel does include continental breakfast which was set up very nicely. Overall I would definitely come back for a longer stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Kathy R. I wanted to take this moment and thank you for your positive feed back during your stay with us. I'm very happy to see that your experience here was a pleasant one and that we where able to quickly turn your hesitation around upon your arrival. I am excited to report that the city construction is moving along and that the side walks have been completed. As you can see my bell staff are eager to attend to your arrival needs. We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Nash with 3 girlfriends for one night this past weekend.
The pros:
Good, central location for SoBe
SOME front desk personnel were friendly and happy to help us with taking photos and holding luggage after checkout
Pretty clean
Cons:
Not that this is the hotel's fault, but there is construction on the street for blocks in either direction. We couldn't even pull our car up to the front of the hotel to unload our luggage because of the construction. Where there was a tiny space to pull in , there was a hole and for fear of ruining a tire we didn't pull up. So, we had to park 4 blocks away in a garage and haul our bags to the hotel through all the construction. This was a huge headache.
Beds were quite uncomfortable and lumpy. I got the feeling they were pretty old.
The hotel worked for our purpose.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights. Location good, close to beach and art deco district but loud. We had the a Junior suite on the 1st floor facing the street. Pretty much could not sleep the first night. Noises came both from the street and a constantly running generator (a nightmare).

In addition, while having booked the room for 3 people, no preparations were made to accommodate a 3rd person. Only upon another reminder they were able to set up the room properly. Furthermore I was overcharged as the hotel had a wrong rate in its system and till the end they were not able to provide a 100% correct receipt.

Overall quite a bad stay and the hotel not recommendable. Not worth 4 stars, max 2.5 considering Europen standards.

Room Tip: don't go for a room close to the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I made my reservation at this hotel out of desperation and a lack of knowledge of alternatives. It's an art-decco-style building, and I guess that allows them to charge a lot for it. But the room was VERY basic. On the other side of the coin, the staff there were great. Very cheerful, welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband reserved one of the penthouse suites nine months prior to our stay through Booking.com, for a two-night stay before, and three nights after, a Caribbean cruise for my 65th birthday. The staff at the hotel, and housekeeping staff for the most part, are as friendly and hospitable as can be (especially Evan). On the second half of our stay, we were upgraded to THE front penthouse suite, very spacious and full of light with a wrap-around patio loaded with several glass tables and chairs, and several chaise lounges with extra beach towels, floor-to-ceiling glass double-doors, a wet bar with white marble-slab countertop, and two bathrooms! We loved the place, but it needs a lot of help. Management should consider contacting "Hotel Impossible." Seriously, because this place could be such a gem in the heart of the Art Deco district with just a little TLC to update the decor and basic amenities like air conditioning (which was very loud and very inefficient- after late morning, even with the thermostat turned down to 70 degrees F, the temperature often went no lower than 85 degrees F. And this is in mid-February!) The drapes in the two suites in which we stayed didn't work very well, severly in need of repair, and were discolored with water stains. The carpets in both rooms were dirty and a bit threadbare. The first suite we stayed in didn't have any vanity or countertop space in the bathroom, so we had to improvise with a stool on which to place our toiletries. But the walk-in showers are nice and spacious, reminiscent of the Club Med Cancun. The stools provided no legroom under the living room counter that was there, and both suites had no coffeemaker nor microwave. At least a small refrigerator is provided in each room. And the hotel elevator was pretty scary (dark and noisy). Fortunately, we didn't encounter any insect problems as others have reported, but maybe because we were on the top floor. The views from the penthouse of Collins Avenue are nice (even a glimpse of the ocean), and of course the Nash is within steps of the action on Ocean Drive, the Versace Villa, the beach, dining, and the always fun Palace bar (the drag shows are a hoot!) The only thing that marred our stay was one day we returned mid-afternoon to find our room not yet made up, so my husband went back and forth to the front desk to complain, and finally a housekeeper with a thick Caribbean accent that I could not understand (I am a severely hearing-impaired U.S. Air Force Veteran) and a whole lot of attitude finally came through to quickly fluff the bed and change the towels. Not good for guests in the penthouse suite, let alone any other room in the hotel paying over $400 per night. Other than that little contretemps, and the other issues listed above, we made the best of it and enjoyed our stay.

With a management (who I understand is fairly new) and staff really trying hard to make this hotel a pleasant place for guests, we really would like to see the Nash get a serious make-over, because I think this place could be a reputable destination in the heart of South Beach. In spite of all the issues, we definitely would like to try staying here again, and would like to keep tabs on any possible transformation.

Room Tip: Go for one of the penthouse rooms (there are three), and reserve months in advance through a third-p...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Normally I like to use TA to spread some positive cheer, on this occasion I can't... Here is why.
1) Valet Parking was $27 we were advised to use this and then found a car park across the road for $20
2) when we collected the car it was unlocked (luckily my $500 dollar coat was still there).
3) Bed was older than the sun and very creaky
4) there is no bar In use due to change of ownership (would have been nice to know)
5) breakfast - it's a disgrace. The milk was sour and when I complained the response was "I know, I told her to change it" and the pastries may have been older the beds.
6) there are VERY loud road works outside the hotel so don't expect to sleep after 8am

The staff are very nice people however, clearly the owners needs to sort things out. I complained at the time of check out to give them the chance to redeem themselves but nothing was done.
Honestly don't waste your time even considering this place.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!