“A lot of potential here...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #80 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“A lot of potential here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband reserved one of the penthouse suites nine months prior to our stay through Booking.com, for a two-night stay before, and three nights after, a Caribbean cruise for my 65th birthday. The staff at the hotel, and housekeeping staff for the most part, are as friendly and hospitable as can be (especially Evan). On the second half of our stay, we were upgraded to THE front penthouse suite, very spacious and full of light with a wrap-around patio loaded with several glass tables and chairs, and several chaise lounges with extra beach towels, floor-to-ceiling glass double-doors, a wet bar with white marble-slab countertop, and two bathrooms! We loved the place, but it needs a lot of help. Management should consider contacting "Hotel Impossible." Seriously, because this place could be such a gem in the heart of the Art Deco district with just a little TLC to update the decor and basic amenities like air conditioning (which was very loud and very inefficient- after late morning, even with the thermostat turned down to 70 degrees F, the temperature often went no lower than 85 degrees F. And this is in mid-February!) The drapes in the two suites in which we stayed didn't work very well, severly in need of repair, and were discolored with water stains. The carpets in both rooms were dirty and a bit threadbare. The first suite we stayed in didn't have any vanity or countertop space in the bathroom, so we had to improvise with a stool on which to place our toiletries. But the walk-in showers are nice and spacious, reminiscent of the Club Med Cancun. The stools provided no legroom under the living room counter that was there, and both suites had no coffeemaker nor microwave. At least a small refrigerator is provided in each room. And the hotel elevator was pretty scary (dark and noisy). Fortunately, we didn't encounter any insect problems as others have reported, but maybe because we were on the top floor. The views from the penthouse of Collins Avenue are nice (even a glimpse of the ocean), and of course the Nash is within steps of the action on Ocean Drive, the Versace Villa, the beach, dining, and the always fun Palace bar (the drag shows are a hoot!) The only thing that marred our stay was one day we returned mid-afternoon to find our room not yet made up, so my husband went back and forth to the front desk to complain, and finally a housekeeper with a thick Caribbean accent that I could not understand (I am a severely hearing-impaired U.S. Air Force Veteran) and a whole lot of attitude finally came through to quickly fluff the bed and change the towels. Not good for guests in the penthouse suite, let alone any other room in the hotel paying over $400 per night. Other than that little contretemps, and the other issues listed above, we made the best of it and enjoyed our stay.

With a management (who I understand is fairly new) and staff really trying hard to make this hotel a pleasant place for guests, we really would like to see the Nash get a serious make-over, because I think this place could be a reputable destination in the heart of South Beach. In spite of all the issues, we definitely would like to try staying here again, and would like to keep tabs on any possible transformation.

Room Tip: Go for one of the penthouse rooms (there are three), and reserve months in advance through a third-p...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Normally I like to use TA to spread some positive cheer, on this occasion I can't... Here is why.
1) Valet Parking was $27 we were advised to use this and then found a car park across the road for $20
2) when we collected the car it was unlocked (luckily my $500 dollar coat was still there).
3) Bed was older than the sun and very creaky
4) there is no bar In use due to change of ownership (would have been nice to know)
5) breakfast - it's a disgrace. The milk was sour and when I complained the response was "I know, I told her to change it" and the pastries may have been older the beds.
6) there are VERY loud road works outside the hotel so don't expect to sleep after 8am

The staff are very nice people however, clearly the owners needs to sort things out. I complained at the time of check out to give them the chance to redeem themselves but nothing was done.
Honestly don't waste your time even considering this place.

• Stayed February 2014
Solomons, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Nash is an attractive hotel and located in a great location. Our room was in the Cabana near the pools. The Cabana was decorated modern, bedding was comfortable, room was a bit small, but larger then the hotel rooms. The courtyard was clean and pools were clean. Nash offered a breakfast each morning. My only grip was, I found some bugs in the bathroom. I did not leave any of my personal items unzipped because I was afraid a bug would crawl in. The Cabana is on the ground level and it was raining. Maybe that is why some bugs crawled in.

Room Tip: The rooms are small.
Nuremburg, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel really is very nice. After reading quite a few terrible comments I was a little bit worried about coming here. I just checked in yesterday ( February 24th, 2014 ) and it was a pleasant surprise.
Very friendly and helpful staff, the Deluxe room is really nice and in a quiet setting, housekeeping does a fantastic job.
Of course valet parking us needed, but this happens to you anywhere in South Beach.
So I am very happy to have chosen this hotel for the next ten days.
All the bars are in walking distance - isn't that great.
Unfortunately the hotel bar is closed .
I guess I can really recommend this place.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms facing the courtyard are very nice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

When we first arrived at the Nash hotel we were expecting something completely different. We booked 5 days at a 4 star to have a nice family vacation. Well when we got there, no valet in site. I finally parked right off the road and went into the hotel.

When I walked in, I immediately knew I screwed up. I didn't do my research. The hotel was so dirty and ran down. You could tell this from the lobby. My 3 year old daughter got absolutely filthy running around the lobby. I tried to cancel as soon as I got there but they weren't having it. They wouldn't let me under any circumstances.

All the amenities they claimed to have was a lie. There's no restaurant, no bar, no spa, no breakfast (unless you count toast and bagels with one toaster). They have 3 tiny pools which made no sense to me.

It gets better.. They kept saying I promise the rooms are nice.. well we went in and of course, just like the lobby, the rooms were disgusting. Dirty walls, dirty bath tub, curtains had stains on them, the walls had dry wall falling off them. I could go on and on people. Well after having an upset family we went to bed, forced to stay at this nasty place. The next morning we left for a bit and came back to housekeeping cleaning our room. I was trying to tell her we didn't need our room cleaned and a Cochroach crawled right between us in the room. She was kinda giggling and stepped on it. We took pictures of it and threatened to post them online if they didn't do something.

They put us in a bigger room.. still dirty and still gross. After we found another Cochroach crawling on our toothbrushes, I went completely off. They agreed to give us a 75% discount. It's supposedly going to be in my bank account any day. I doubt it will be. But to top it all off, valet stole like 50 dollars out of our car. We even put 2 more dollars in the car to make sure it was them and not us that misplaced.. gone again the next day.

Please save yourself a lot of grief and nor stay here. I don't make a ton of money and this was suppose to be a family vacation that my family would remember for years to come but it became a nightmare.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed over Valentines Weekend. I must say the staff was very friendly. The hotel property looks nice but look further and it's actually quite tired and just another run-of-the-mill hotel. For $350+/night, I would expect a little nicer furnishings and maintenance on the property.

The lobby and hallways were nice-ish and bright. A little ware and tear nut nothing crazy. Where I was lost was in the room. Poorly maintained furnishings. Chips and dents on the furniture, pull the blinds down to see dust and discoloration and an upholstered headboard? Really? I can't imagine that it was completely sanitary, ew. And the bathroom. Great shower but poorly decorated and does not match the aesthetic of the hotel.

The pool is not so much a pool, rather a glorified parking lot. It literally looks like it was a parking lot at one time. It's covered by trees and shade and no one is ever in it. I even joked to the guy at the front desk "Does anyone ever go in there?" He says "No, it's always empty". There were some towels laid on the chaise chairs as if to invite you in but I question how long those towels have been sitting there.

All in all we had a nice night on the town, it's a close walk to everything. The price does not match the experience.

Surrey, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We got our reservation transferred to Nash when our other hotel transferred ownership, a week before our trip. No other hotels were open for a reasonable price so we accepted this one. Bad idea. They were adamant about not letting us get one of our two rooms before check in although we had been travelling for 18 hours and had an INFANT with us. They also were going to give us a room with an air bed and one bed for the room with 4 adults after I confirmed there would be two beds for the four adults prior to departure. We ended up getting a pull out couch and regular bed. They DO have rooms with two regular beds however, so I am very very upset still.

The property itself was adequate and clean but not wheelchair accessible (difficult with stroller) due to several stairs at front of property. The elevator is very small. It was fine though, except the poor customer service we received when we arrived which really ruined the experience for us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!