“Stay away! Property deteriorating” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #82 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Stay away! Property deteriorating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Formerly, a somewhat upscale- chic, and good value hotel, this property is in a major downhill spiral !!!! Clearly, management has changed ! Property claims it is 4 stars offering valet parking, wifi, etc but when I arrived I waited 30 minutes on street for valet. I called hotel front desk and was told to find an available parking spot on street, which didn't exist on congested Collins Ave. After a 45 minutes check-in ordeal, I entered my room and was overwhelmed with a pungent odor, a combination of spilled food, drink, body odor, and mold or mildew ! After hours of failed attempts, I was never able to connect to the advertised "free" in room WIFI. The front desk moved me to a room that had about a 50% reduction of the pungent odor and was closer to the wireless router. The issue with WIFI was never resolved. Management did nothing to correct for this during my 6 day stay. I contacted both hotels.com and the hotel management to complain about the falsely advertised amenities including WIFI and was offered an apology and $12.50 discount of resort fee for my inconvenience. To top it all off, at check out, I was charged an average of $15 - $20 more per night than the rates I was quoted by hotels.com. RECOMMEND SKIPPING THIS PROPERTY AND AVOIDING BOOKING AT HOTELS.COM AT ALL COST. BOOK AT EXPEDIA.COM WHERE AT LEAST THE STAFF WILL FOLLOW UP ON A COMPLAINT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
George Town, Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked a queen deluxe for the weekend costing US$520, not cheap. I arrived at the hotel and checked in. The room I was given wasn't even in the hotel itself. It was what looked like a day room off the pool area. None of the items listed on the website were in the room. No robes, no safe, no hairdryer, no ipod dock, the phone didn't work, there was only a hand towel. There were two small day beds pushed against the walls. The room didn't even lock from the inside so safety was a concern. I went to the reception desk to complain and it took an hour and a half for them to locate the manager and the best they could offer me was to waive the resort fee (a paltry amount). Shocking guest service, the receptionists were surly and couldn't have cared less. Luckily I had booked it through Expedia and they found me a hotel on 39th St for the same price. While it was miles out of town it was clean and pretty and safe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hi i just returned back from staying at the Lords South Beach. I would say that I was disappointed in the quality of the hotel in general. The photos look nothing like what the hotel even looked like. The lobby had paint chipping off the wall, the carpet and couches were stained and very old. The room we stayed in also had stained carpets, there was no remote for the television and no way to turn it on without a remote, the lamps in the room did not work, some of the outlets in the room didn't work either. Housekeeping came by in the AM to clean the room and we told them we didn't need it, they also attempted to come into our room at 7PM which was a little crazy. Im upset that I had to even pay a resort fee for a place that didn't even seem like a resort, we are two working professionals that stayed in this hotel. I would probably stay in this hotel if I was on spring break in high school. Besides all these things the staff was very helpful and friendly, the location was also very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel is just one block from the beach and walking distance to restaurants and shopping. We received great customer service from the hotel staff however our room was just ok. Super cute decorations and modestly clean, however the mattress had a dent in it and each night of our stay I was roused from sleep by either loud people in the hall way or the smell of cigarets or weed. I can deal with the loud people and even the dent in the mattress, but the smoke was unacceptable. I have asthma so the smell literally woke me out of my sleep because i was wheezing and having mild asthma attacks. On the last night I placed towels at the base of the door to try to keep the smoke out, but that didn't seem to work. If smoke and loud people are not an issue this may not be a bad place for you.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here during the July 4th weekend and it wasn't bad. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Just ok...it was a cute room but not fancy at all. There was no ironing board, but, an iron. There was no wifi which was extremely annoying, and no care to get it fixed apparently. Ok....

Good location! Not on Ocean Drive which would be too much noise, and right in the middle of Collins so it was a fair distance to wherever we were going.

I guess it wasnt bad after I saw another girl's room, but it was just ok....

Yes everyone keeps saying that the staff were very nice but am I staying for/with them? No.

• Stayed July 2013
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Too bad the rest does not follow.

The linens were stained, the shower was especially dirty and the carpets really needed cleaning. Luckily for us we already had read the ratings on TripAdvisor and expected this.

Most of the staff were corteous and helpful, and given our expectations we were pleased with the stay all in all.

On the negative side it was a bit pricey compared to the standard and the promised WiFi only worked decently in the lobby. Also the in house restaurant has some serious issues with hygiene. My advice; do not eat here!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Josh at the reception was very impolite, didn't feel very welcome after a horrible day of traveling and delays. The toilet was dirty and didn't flush properly. The bed was hard. We were woken up at 4 in the morning by a woman arguing with some men in the hallway right outside the door, who ended up screaming at each other for about 30 minutes. The area is very sketchy at night, didn't feel comfortable going out either. This place gave me the impression that it is meant for party animals to say the least. In most travel websites it has good ratings, which after our makes us wonder what standards do people have?

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!