“Absolutely terrible!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #80 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely terrible!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I booked for 10 nights, checked out first thing in the morning after 1 night.

1) basic 2* star room charging 5* prices
- bed was squeaky and uncomfortable, cheap nasty bed, with cheap linen
2) hotel is scuffed everywhere, makes it feel grubby and dirty
3) just checked my credit card, was billed twice, once on booking and once on departure - despite emailing the hotel, they have not replied
4) they charge a non optional resort fee, this is daily fee $15 for use of the pool and towels etc. The pool is the size of 3 bath tubs, and as said the linen is bad quality, PATHETIC!!!!
5) they are attempting to tap into the gay market, market as gay hotel, far from it, only saw 1 gay couple there, the rest were straight. The staff were gay. This is not a gay hotel!!!

Overall, don't make an expectation from their website, it is dated, cheap and overpriced.

And you owe me a refund of the double charge - robbing b's!!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I really like trendy or funky hotels. After the reviews, I thought this would be great. The art and decor was fun, the location was great. The rooms were small, I get that many are in south beach. The building is old, I get that. But the cleanliness and upkeep didn't meet my expectations. I envision this place being a knockout when it first opened but being in a party city, it wears fast, especially when your color pallet is dominated by yellow and baby blue. I guess Sobe is becoming like Vegas. A resort fee everywhere you go. But here what am I getting for that? Towels for the beach? Free Internet? What used to be a $10 a day wifi fee is now being bundled as 'free' under a $25 a day resort fee.

The stay wasn't bad. Most of the staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was atrocious, but at $12 it was the same or less as ordering a la carte so I thought it quicker. Maybe if I had stayed longer, this would have grown on me. I like a quaint interesting place over a mega resort, but I shouldn't feel like the tiles in the bathroom are going to crumble under my feet either. Stay here if you get a reasonable price and spend your time everywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I found this little hotel on Orbitz, looking for a place to unwind after a week in Haiti. The staff was very nice--it caters to gay travelers so I was not in the target market segment, but they were very welcoming. The facility is very run down. Carpets dirty--in my room the floor was damp and the carpet looked very old and worn out. Room was very small, and the bed was not terribly comfortable. I had a salad at the restaurant and if was very good. The pools are very, very small. Beach access is just a block away, but I'm not sure what the ad was referring to when they claimed they had beach cabanas--those are rented by the city. The claim that it was stylish is overblown. But for a large silk-screen of Elizabeth Taylor over the bed there wasn't much in the way of design. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Many other hotels in the area. For $50 more I could have stayed at a Kimpton and I am kicking mysel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Yorkshire, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

For a hotel that charges over $350 per night you expect a certain level of luxury - sadly, Lords on South Beach is not worth anywhere near that price tag.

Yes, we went during spring break and yes, there was the music conference happening in Miami but the hotel rooms are very sparse, poorly equipped and very poorly insulated from noise so much so that it did not matter whether you had the windows opened or closed, the excessive music from the all day pool party ensured that you had to spend the day elsewhere.

We booked in for 3 nights, and following a 4 hour drive from St Pete's we wanted to get some rest before going out for the night - impossible due to the noise from the party in the hotel pool area. I asked to be moved and was informed that the hotel had in fact overbooked and there were no rooms available.

One good point is that Sammy on reception was very helpful and agreed to my request to leave the following day and not suffer any charge. We checked out the following morning and went up the coast for the next couple of nights.

So, a hotel that has potential if they thought about what they wanted to be - is it a hotel or an all day disco...?

Sort out the insulation on the windows and enhance the rooms to justify the price tag - the Betsy on Ocean is not that much more but offers so much more...

Room Tip: Avoid spring break, music conference and any rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay and apologize that you were not satisfied with the experience. It appears that you visited Miami during one of the city's busiest and liveliest weeks, hence you are bound to be surrounded by the high energy of visitors attending celebratory events. Again, we apologize that this disrupted your stay. We are glad that our staff was able to assist you in changing your plans so that they suited your needs.

We hope that you visit Lords again, perhaps during a more quite period.

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was stylish and quiet but lacked storage space which made an otherwise good-sized room cramped; I had to leave most clothes in the open cases on the floor.

The wifi connection is fair (not very fast but OK) and the cost is included in your resort or service charge (beware as these may be in addition to the price quoted US$ 12.50 per night - the same goes for taxes 13%).

Overall I feel the hotel is overpriced for the actual standard of accommodation provided.

The hotel is marketed to a gay cliental; the guests were a mixture of straight and gay couples during my stay.
The Breakfast (if included in your rate) is provided by the bar/restaurant attached to the hotel (you are given voucher when you check-in - seems that the bar is a separate business).
The menu consists of about 3 options (i) A plain omelette (ii) pancakes (iii) 2 eggs any-style (not sure any more). Only one drink is included (so if you want juice and coffee, you pay a surcharge) As it seems to be a separate enterprise you are encouraged to pay an additional tip, as the voucher doesn't include service.
I recommend to book a rate without breakfast. I had breakfast included and still choose to eat in the 11th Street Dinner around the corner - much more choice and better value.

if you get a good rate, it's a good hotel, good location near all the action and attractions of South Beach. Beware that Wardrobe space/storage may be an issue in the room (it was in room 220).

Room Tip: 220 had a tiny wardrobe without shelves. There was no other storage in the room, not even coat hooks...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We're glad that you enjoyed the style and location of our hotel. However, we apologize that you were inconvenienced by the lack of wardrobe space. We will certainly look into your concerns and do our best to address them.

We hope that you will visit us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Can't wait to go back to Miami and I will def stay here again! The staff was hot and made sure we were always taken care of. Particularly Sammy, front desk/concierge extraordinaire! Location is the best and price was perfect

• Stayed April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed at Lords South Beach for two nights after wmc at the end of march, and I was pleasantly surprised by how great it was. This place is cute, quaint, clean, and offers great service. I've always been a bit hesitant to book into some of the small hotels on the main busy strips of Collins or Ocean, because it's my belief that many of them have fantastic looking lobbies and visage from the front, but the rooms and service may not come close to measuring up. This was not the case at Lords at all. Our rate was very reasonable and we were upgraded to a larger corner room.

The room had very charming decor (unique style), it was very clean, and the front desk were friendly and helpful. The room had a rain shower, nice toiletries, comfy platform bed, and a wonderful large alcove style sitting area that lined one wall of the room - perfect for relaxing and having guests to visit. Hotel amenities are a bit limited - there's a small pool, jacuzzi, and deck that is nicely landscaped but not that well attended to - but its what you can reasonably expect for a small hotel on the busy strip of Collins St.

Okay, this is not a 5-star hotel, but I'd definitely give it 4-stars and believe it is an absolutely wonderful choice if you want a comfortable stay at a clean and cozy spot with style and character, at a reasonable rate - which is not at all easy to find in south beach! It offered us far more than we expected, and was surprisingly delightful. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. This place is a little gem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the glowing feedback. We are so pleased that you appreciated Lord's style, rooms, service and staff. It sounds like you had a fabulous stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Management

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!