“Friendly staff, clean rooms, cool decor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #83 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Key West, Florida
“Friendly staff, clean rooms, cool decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We can safely recommend this hotel. You buy into the uniqueness of South Beach when you come here, the boom box noise, the skimpily-clad young things, the whacky eccentrics. This hotel offers a bit of sanity and sanctuary in the middle of this wonderful mayhem. Great location on Collins just a stagger from Ocean Drive. It also has an excellent car valet service.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I visited South Beach for the first time in early February during an overnight stay enroute to Buenos Aires. I chose Lord's due to their location and reasonable rate. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by Sammy at the front desk. He patiently answered my questions about the area, while checking me in. When I requested a room away from street noise, he offered me an upgrade at no charge. My room was both quiet and clean. The next day I approached Sammy to inquire about a late check-out as my flight was not leaving until the evening. I expected a possible extension of a couple of hours at best. Instead, Sammy allowed me to keep the room until the early evening for a reasonable fee. Sammy and his counterpart in the evening (sorry, I can't remember his name) did a great job of making me feel welcome. They made a point of acknowledging me every time I entered the lobby. I loved my short stay in South Beach, and a lot of my positive experience was a result of Sammy and the rest of the staff at Lord's. I'll definitely stay at Lord's on my next visit! Geoff, Vancouver, BC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Geoff,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We place a huge emphasis at Lords South Beach on our service and making our guests feel comfortable. It sounds like our staff treated you well and you had a fabulous stay. We're so pleased, and we hope to see you again soon!

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is very well located, right on South Beach. My room was very well appointed, with nice decor, spacious and clean. Price was very good too.
However, staff seemed to be a little lost to say the least, some even have a stuck up attitude and will keep you waiting on the front desk while they speak on the phone.
Also, forget about asking for a plastic cup or anything at the restaurant or bar as the answer you'll get is "the hotel and restaurant/bar" are separate...sorry. That was probably one of the worst "below-the-line" responses I've ever heard in a hotel.

All in all I think that heavy training would place this hotel at the top of the list for many travelers, until then don't expect much from the service... and bring your own plastic cups.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is situated right in the heart of South Beach. You can really not stay in a more central location. Just 2 min walk to the beach and all the restaurants, bars and clubs around the corner. The size of the room was OK and cleaning was good. There is even a nice jacuzzi in the garden. I never tried eating in the hotel restaurant since there are so many different places to choose from nearby.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Did not stay at this hotel, but visited for drinks as it is supposed to be primarily a gay resort property in South Beach. The property itself is nice, exactly like it was when it was Hotel Nash. There is nothing about this that lends itself to gay clientele. Not the sexy female flashing smiles at the front door, not the sexy female bartender. The hotel is great for gay-centric advertising, but in reality, its no different than any other neighborhood hotel property. Even the Clevelander - breeding ground for breeders - has a better gay vibe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We recognize that you did not stay at Lords and therefore likely missed out on the full experience. Many aspects of our hotel, including the services, amenities and programming, is geared towards our gay clientele, however, we are proud to welcome and cater to guests from all walks of life.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the several vacations I have had in South Beach. I stayed at this property once during that time as well.
As a hotel it is pretty good. The rooms are clean and of a high standard. I would stay here again if there was a special on, but there are a lot of places to stay in the area which compete against this property. I am all for staying at a property aimed at gay customers but only they don't expect me to spend my money just because of that. If the hotel is up to the proper standards for the charges they expect, then great. Mother wise I'm not interested and will go elsewhere. Unfortunately I don't think it is special enough at standard rates.
The first time I ate at the hotel shorty after opening I said I would not return. The food was terrible. Bad quality and cold. I have tried several times since and it has been average. I prefer to have drinks and eat somewhere else but if my friends decide to go I will go as well.
I think Lords is not bad, but they could consider some specials that will entice previous customers who have stayed or eaten at the hotel to come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Great location but otherwise just a mediocre hotel. Room wasn't dirty but on the other hand didn't look clean, had a long hair on one of our towels. The bed and pillows were rather uncomfortable as well. The room also smelled a bit like thr vent from the restaurant was coming into the room. But we got the room at a good rate for south beach and didn't spend much time in the room so all in all, it was ok because of that.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you found our hotel a good value. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with other aspects of your stay and will take your comments into consideration.

We hope that you will visit us again.

Management

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!