“Average but ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #79 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Average but ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the several vacations I have had in South Beach. I stayed at this property once during that time as well.
As a hotel it is pretty good. The rooms are clean and of a high standard. I would stay here again if there was a special on, but there are a lot of places to stay in the area which compete against this property. I am all for staying at a property aimed at gay customers but only they don't expect me to spend my money just because of that. If the hotel is up to the proper standards for the charges they expect, then great. Mother wise I'm not interested and will go elsewhere. Unfortunately I don't think it is special enough at standard rates.
The first time I ate at the hotel shorty after opening I said I would not return. The food was terrible. Bad quality and cold. I have tried several times since and it has been average. I prefer to have drinks and eat somewhere else but if my friends decide to go I will go as well.
I think Lords is not bad, but they could consider some specials that will entice previous customers who have stayed or eaten at the hotel to come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Great location but otherwise just a mediocre hotel. Room wasn't dirty but on the other hand didn't look clean, had a long hair on one of our towels. The bed and pillows were rather uncomfortable as well. The room also smelled a bit like thr vent from the restaurant was coming into the room. But we got the room at a good rate for south beach and didn't spend much time in the room so all in all, it was ok because of that.

• Stayed February 2013
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you found our hotel a good value. We apologize if you were dissatisfied with other aspects of your stay and will take your comments into consideration.

We hope that you will visit us again.

Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights last week. It was the end of our Florida roadtrip and the purpose of these days was pure relaxing at south beach. The location was more than great. 3 minutes to the beach and even less to the famous ocean drive street. Rooms are nice and comfortable. Friendly staff. We had booked with breakfast included but dont expect that much from this, only one drink included. We definitely will book this hotel during our next visit. Thanks lords hotel for the nice time last week.

Pays de Gex France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We are just back from one week of stay at this hotel. I would not definitly go back again there, for the price per night you can find better, may be a bit outside the art deco district from the 17th St up.

The + :
- great location, 2mn walking from the beach, lots of restaurants in the area (avoid the restaurants on Ocean Drive)
- staff/management : very helpful and friendly. We complained about the constant noise in the room (312) and they tried their upmost to change in another room

The - :
- bed not very confortable, noisy and small (while every where I went in the US, beds are very good) You couldn't move without waking up the other one. We were in the room next to the lift.
- breakfast : don't take the option with included breakfast (no choice, awful orange juice, we had to pay for a coffee refill). Go to next corner at the Cuban coffee. The restaurant is independant from the hotel.
- tiny swimming pools
- noisy during week end and depending on which side of the hotel you stay, you can hear the street noise.
- cleanning : bed sheets not changed, carpet neither vacuumed once during the whole stay. chairs/sofa a bit dirty.

I would not recommend this hotel, its decoration (not design at all) starts to get outdated.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back of the hotel, not on the 3rd floor.
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed our central location and helpful staff, but apologize for the other inconveniences reported. We will certainly consider your comments and do our best to address them.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

With the help of La Donna Brinkley and Mai Bonillo, I was able to book the Cabana room for my boyfriend and I for 5 nights. Absolutely the best time Ive had in my 3rd annual Miami trip. There could have been better water pressure in the show, and the toilet leaked a little, but hanging outside by the pool with other friends that made the vacation with us a blast. We had a total of 3 rooms and we really enjoyed the hot tubs, even though it could have been warmer, but we aren't picky snobs so we just enjoyed every moment of relaxation. My friend had lost his cell phone and we asked the front desk if someone had returned it, and sure enough, 2 days later a maintenance man found it and the front desk notified us they had found it. Absolutely an amazing staff. Great time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I made a last minute (literally, booking the room the day I checked in), two-night reservation at Lord's. The price was very good for the location and quality, at $135 plus taxes.

Check-in was probably the low point of the stay. I arrived at around 2pm hoping I'd be able to go straight to the room. It's true the reservation stated a 3pm check-in time, but once at the counter the agent said 4pm and when I replied that my reservation stated 3pm he just casually said "Yeah, they have to change that". As far as I know, what is written in print is a binding contract. Anyway, I didn't want to make a fuss, so I left my bags at the lobby and headed for the beach.

Once in the room, I was pleasantly surprised. Even though my room was the cheapest available, it was quite spacious and could easily accommodate two people. It also had a nice courtyard view, where I could see the pools and Collins in the distance.The decor may or may not be of your taste. I like it, but that's a personal thing.

It was interesting that, even though the hotel name has changed, the difference is mostly in the decor. I stayed at the Nash (which used to be the previous property at the building), and bits and pieces of it can be seen throughout. The bathroom, for example, is exactly the same as the one I found at Nash four years ago and could use some updating, but nothing major.

The restaurant is good, not spectacular, and the prices OK for South Beach, with a very nice outdoor area facing Collins. Great for people watching. The staff is quite helpful, mostly young people whose first language was French, I don't know if they are French or French Canadian.

A word of advice: If you go in the winter don't expect to get much use out of the three small pools as the surrounding buildings cast as shadow very early into the afternoon. But hey, the beach is two blocks away, and the location is one of the strong points of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Overall decent atmosphere but very poor service. Needed to access car.... Was given option of waiting 20 minutes for valet to bring car or I could walk to car parking lot. Since I was told the lot was very close, this is the option I chose. Front desk gave wrong address for car parking. When I finally found parking lot on my on, there was no attendant there despite having been told there would be by front desk. After pointing this error out to the same front desk attendant, I received no apology.
Breakfast buffet was very poor quality. Dining service was very slow.

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with parking. Since your stay, we have rectified the parking situation. We hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you will consider visiting us again.

Management

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!