“3rd year in a row, awesome time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #81 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“3rd year in a row, awesome time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

With the help of La Donna Brinkley and Mai Bonillo, I was able to book the Cabana room for my boyfriend and I for 5 nights. Absolutely the best time Ive had in my 3rd annual Miami trip. There could have been better water pressure in the show, and the toilet leaked a little, but hanging outside by the pool with other friends that made the vacation with us a blast. We had a total of 3 rooms and we really enjoyed the hot tubs, even though it could have been warmer, but we aren't picky snobs so we just enjoyed every moment of relaxation. My friend had lost his cell phone and we asked the front desk if someone had returned it, and sure enough, 2 days later a maintenance man found it and the front desk notified us they had found it. Absolutely an amazing staff. Great time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I made a last minute (literally, booking the room the day I checked in), two-night reservation at Lord's. The price was very good for the location and quality, at $135 plus taxes.

Check-in was probably the low point of the stay. I arrived at around 2pm hoping I'd be able to go straight to the room. It's true the reservation stated a 3pm check-in time, but once at the counter the agent said 4pm and when I replied that my reservation stated 3pm he just casually said "Yeah, they have to change that". As far as I know, what is written in print is a binding contract. Anyway, I didn't want to make a fuss, so I left my bags at the lobby and headed for the beach.

Once in the room, I was pleasantly surprised. Even though my room was the cheapest available, it was quite spacious and could easily accommodate two people. It also had a nice courtyard view, where I could see the pools and Collins in the distance.The decor may or may not be of your taste. I like it, but that's a personal thing.

It was interesting that, even though the hotel name has changed, the difference is mostly in the decor. I stayed at the Nash (which used to be the previous property at the building), and bits and pieces of it can be seen throughout. The bathroom, for example, is exactly the same as the one I found at Nash four years ago and could use some updating, but nothing major.

The restaurant is good, not spectacular, and the prices OK for South Beach, with a very nice outdoor area facing Collins. Great for people watching. The staff is quite helpful, mostly young people whose first language was French, I don't know if they are French or French Canadian.

A word of advice: If you go in the winter don't expect to get much use out of the three small pools as the surrounding buildings cast as shadow very early into the afternoon. But hey, the beach is two blocks away, and the location is one of the strong points of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Overall decent atmosphere but very poor service. Needed to access car.... Was given option of waiting 20 minutes for valet to bring car or I could walk to car parking lot. Since I was told the lot was very close, this is the option I chose. Front desk gave wrong address for car parking. When I finally found parking lot on my on, there was no attendant there despite having been told there would be by front desk. After pointing this error out to the same front desk attendant, I received no apology.
Breakfast buffet was very poor quality. Dining service was very slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with parking. Since your stay, we have rectified the parking situation. We hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and you will consider visiting us again.

Management
Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lords markets itself as a gay hotel in Miami, but the only gay feature are the magazines in the foyer. It is an old hotel refurbished but no better than any others. The waiter watched us stagger up the steps with cases and did not offer to help, although we were helped later. The reception was very helpful, and the room was adequate with a flat screen TV but with limited local channels. The bed was creaky but clean. The shower good even though difficult to cool. The AC very noisy, but luckily no need to use overnight.
Convenient location. No parking except on roadside metered bays or garages. Most shopping near enough to walk and beach nearby.
Three pools and middle one warm with air jets. Not a place for a gay evening party.
The second night the kitchen was reopened after being closed by the local authority.
$30 a night local taxes by state and city make an expensive top-up on the published room rates.
Miami needs a gay hotel, but this is not it sadly. Nice staff and a nice place to sit out having the meagre breakfast included in the room rate. (As $9.95 buys an "all you can eat buffet" the room rate does not include much.)

Room Tip: If you want to sunbathe book a room with a balcony as the hotel grounds are overshadowed by noon.
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Booked the hotel based on price and location. Paid for it in advance, so was surprised to find paid in advance doesn't mean paid. There is a $14 per day fee for use of the pool. We never used the pool if that's what you would call it. More like a large tub. Anyway, they did not care and would not budge. Parking another $27 a day. Breakfast we were told $9.99 per person, but when the bill came it was $19.99 per person. We both heard $9.99.

Room was dated and it appeared the last facelift was done on the cheap, other than the bathroom that was very nicely done. TV and 2 lights did not work and the beds are like a rock.

By the time you add the hidden fees and extras, there are nicer hotel with breakfast included.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize if there was any miscommunication regarding fees during your stay. We hope that you will give us another chance and visit us in the future.

Management
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Lords is a good hotel in a great location. We stayed there for 4 nights in February 2013 and we liked the hotel. We had a Pied a Terre room, which was worth the extra money because it was large and a had a great little sitting area. The hotel is really close to everything in South Beach - the location is hard to beat. The hotel staff was friendly enough and we had a great price for the room so we felt like we got a really good deal. We definitely would stay there again.

There a few negatives - none are enough to keep us from staying again - but it's worth noting them. First, the restaurant and bar (Cha Cha Rooster) lacks any sort of vibe - and to be honest the bar staff wasn't all that nice or interested in having customers - you felt like you were putting them out anytime you ordered something. They were no where near as helpful as the hotel staff. Also - if you are looking for a room with a great view - then this probably isn't the hotel for you. That being said, our room had windows that opened, it was bright, clean and was still really nice to come back to and relax in. And, finally, you should understand that while it does have 3 pool areas, they are all shaded & pretty dark, so you won't get much sun time at the hotel pool. All in all though - it's a good hotel and if you get a good price - it's a fine place to stay in South Beach.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a average 3 star hotel masquerading as a 4. When I arrived to check in, there was 1 person at the desk and a line of 4 people. There were other employees in the hotel, but no one thought to jump in and help the lone person working all of the check ins. After waiting close to 45 minutes to check in, I was given the incorrect room (paid for a suite, got a standard room). I had to go back down to the lobby and wait again for the correct room. The staff was friendly, but incompetent. The hotel itself is ragingly overpriced for what you get. The food is mediocre and also gave plastic utensils for room service (4 star hotel giving plastic cutlery?). Location is great, but not worth the price at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!