“Perfectly nice hotel and very convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nash

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nash to your Saves list
Hotel Nash
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1120 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Formerly Lords South Beach)   |
Ranked #82 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
New York, NY
“Perfectly nice hotel and very convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

I thoroughly loved my stay at Lords. I was in South Beach for 11 days and spent the first 7 at The Marseilles Hotel (see my review....ok, at best). I switched to Lords for my last 3 or 4 nights, to give it a try. I read they have a gay clientele. The staff are extremely friendly. The rooms are small, but very nicely furnished and I loved the shower in the bathroom. The pool area is very small and gets very limited sun, but I'm a beach lover, so I spent all of my time at the beach anyway. Location is great, being right on Collins and 11th. I'm not sure if the rooms facing Collins get any of the street noise. I was in room 209, which was way in the back but faced into the pool/courtyard area. I heard very little of the street noise coming from Collins. As I stated earlier, the bartenders, wait staff and front desk staff were all very nice, accommodating and went out of their way to ensure that everything was ok. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Very nice, gay oriented South Beach hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Halifax, Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I recently stayed at the Lords South Beach for two nights April 29 & 30, 2011.

First, I want to indicate the great service we got in some ways.

The guys who are working the door were great, bringing our bags up, giving us tips where we might want to go, very helpful and outgoing.

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but we were shown where to change and given towels to enjoy the pool until our room was ready.

Later our television malfunctioned. And by that I mean the screen was showing nothing but plaid. Not only did someone come to our room immediately to fix the tv but when that proved not to be an option, we were transfered from that room to another almost immediately. Luckily for us, the only other room available was a penthouse suite.

Where the issues arose was with the penthouse suite...it's neighbours, strange vibrations and lack of internet service.

For the entire time during our stay on the PH level, the only place we could receive WiFi was down the hall next to the elevator. My travel companion and I could be found either seated on the floor next to the elevator or in the lobby in order to use the internet. Given that there is a Resort Fee that is to include in room WiFi, this was very frustrating. When I called the front desk, the gentleman working was sympathetic but in no way helpful. Further calls over the two days failed to resolve the issue.

The first night, the bed vibrated. And not in a good seventies, put a quarter in it kind of way. I think it was related to the central air units at the back of the hotel but eventually we got used to it. We also eventually took the bedside lampshade off to make it stop rattling.

On the second night, we returned to our room at approximately midnight to discover a group of over 30 people on the balcony next door. They were accompanied by what appeared to be an air horn which was employed sporadically and a stereo system with an impressive bass range. At about 1:15 I called downstairs to ask if it was too early to complain about noise. The gentleman who answered at the front desk indicated he would call and ask them to quiet down. Twenty minutes later I called the front desk again to indicate there'd been no change. Again, there was no discernible difference. It was shortly after 2am I made the third call and the woman who answered at the front desk indicated she would take care of it. This did result in the stereo being shut off and by 2:30 am all the guests had finished arguing in the halls, slamming doors and had finally left.

I was very surprised that it took over an hour to resolve a noise complaint. While I respect the right to have fun, I was paying for a night's sleep that I was unable to get. Both my travel companion and I had to be up early the next morning to return home.

This was the end of our weeklong vacation and unfortunately we found ourselves ending it on a sour note.

Krista Forbes

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for both the positive and constructive feedback. As you saw, our staff strives to provide friendly and helpful service, addressing requests to the best of their ability. We truly apologize for your unsatisfactory night of sleep. Our goal is to provide our guests with an experience that is lively and social, but also relaxing and comfortable. We hope that you will visit us again so that we can improve upon your Lords South Beach stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

i stayed at the Lords over this past Easter weekend, 2011, with one of my buddies. we had a great time! The front desk girl, La Donna, gave us the warmest check-in showing us where to grab magazines and stuff for the beach. We quickly became friends with the bell boy too (i forget his name) who was equally charming... and very cute. Overall, it just felt warm & welcoming to come back after a day at the beach.

also, loved the crowd that was staying there! we randomly made friends with a guy the killer suite on their 2nd floor.. we went over for drinks before heading out to town.

The rooms are simple but in a good way. There a flat screen, ipod doc, free wifi, and all the other stuff you should really be staying away from on vacation hah.
It's a very new hotel so everything was super clean and very chic. being from NYC, it kinda reminds me of the rooms I've seen at the Hudson Hotel but with a SoBe flare.

Room Tip: my room overlooked the 3 pools/jacuzzi. i liked it
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind feedback. We’re glad to hear that our staff was welcoming and friendly, and thrilled that you enjoyed the social aspect of Lords South Beach. We look forward to your next stay with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Our room was so amazing that we didn't even want to go anywhere...so we threw a party there and the management and personnel was more than happy to assist us and our needs! But further than the fun of it we were so happy and relaxed at every minute we spent there. From the owner to the stuff and the other clients that were staying there, the atmosphere, attitude and environment makes you not ever wanna leave. Best times ahead for those who choose The Lords South Beach, I guarantee;););)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Hands down one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had, and I am a constant traveler. The staff was friendly and attentive, the rooms are well appointed and the nightlife programming provided on hotel property makes it hard to justify leaving. Excellent value and delicious food served by the cutest staff in South Beach.

Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I tend to agree with the other reviewer who pointed out that many of the positive reviews seem to be plants (especially when you consider the very similar bright/breezy/descriptive writing styles recurring throughout them). And for what it's worth, none of the other guests I spoke with staying there seemed overly impressed with the place, so I think there is genuine cause for suspicion here.

On the plus side, the location is great if you're looking to be in the heart of SoBe. It's an easy 5 minute walk to the beach, and the free passes to Equinox gym (a 10 minute walk) were a nice touch. Sadly, there's not much else to recommend. Despite asking for a quiet, upper floor room, I was given a 1st floor room directly overlooking the outdoor bar/patio area, and the activity there - extending into the late evening hours - made it feel like there was literally a party in my room. Later that evening, noise from the rooms above and on either side of me kept me up most of the night. The next day I spoke to the manager about canceling my second night so I could switch to a quieter hotel. As I had prepaid for my stay, however, he would not hear of it; but, to his credit, he did switch me to a somewhat quieter room for my second night. Still, this is not the place to stay if you're looking for a restful night's sleep. Next to the noise level, my biggest issue was how shabby the place looked. For a hotel that's only been open a short time, both my rooms already looked quite shabby. Phones and lamps were not working (and had shades askew), furniture was already chipped/scratched in many places, carpet and upholstery were stained, and bedding was dingy and worn. Rooms were under-appointed and were obviously furnished very cheaply. Oddly, the bathrooms were quite nice, however. Staff was hit or miss - some were exceptionally friendly and helpful (e.g., Donna at the front desk) while others staffers were very young/immature and seemed to have nothing better to do than stand around giggling and texting. Frankly, the hotel would do well to hire a few more older and/or experienced professionals to reassure their guests that they're staying in a well-run establishment.

Bottom line: other travelers may be willing to overlook this hotel's serious downsides for the location and relatively reasonable price, but for me this was a major disappointment which I will not be revisiting anytime soon.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking patio area or Collins.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are disappointed that the hotel did not live up to your expectations. However, we are glad that we were able to solve your room issues and thrilled to hear that the location and Equinox partnership were to your liking.

We assure you that all reviews posted are from genuinely satisfied customers, and we hope that they continue to enjoy the Lords South Beach experience and tell us about it. If you decide to stay with us again, we would welcome the opportunity to improve upon your stay.

Washington, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We did not know what to expect checking into Lords, but it exceeded all of our expectations. Though sometimes advertised as a gay hotel, it is actually an "appropriately oriented" art deco hotel catering to a mix of all kinds of people. Not only are the prices reasonable for the location, but this hotel offers great amenities lacking at others: a full bar, restaurant and pool area, open till late at night, and close proximity to the beach. The rooms are clean and spacious, fully renovated within the past year. The highlight though, is the staff. From the moment Mark opens the front door, you are welcomed by a small dedicated family. Every detail is appropriately tended by different people, from Donna's grin upon checking in, Raul's magic mixed drinks, Jose's quick and tasty table service, and the effortless smiles and service of Melissa and Michael. It was an exceptional travel experience - I hope the same staff will be there when we return!

Room Tip: get a pied a terre on an upper level
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
LordsManagement, Manager at Hotel Nash, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay at Lords South Beach. Our staff will continue to strive to exceed our guests’ expectations with their friendly demeanor and excellent service. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Management

Been to Hotel Nash? Share your experiences!