“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #261 of 875 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Lincoln Road Mall is in the heart of South Beach and accessible by a local bus shuttle (South Beach Local bus) and by buses from North Miami Beach, Downtown and all the surrounding areas. Stops are located at the cross section of Lincoln Road and Washington Street.
New York City, New York
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The atmosphere of Miami is energetic. The outdoor set up of De Luca was comfortable. The service was very good, extremely friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious, the portions were rather small. The prices were a bit on the high side. I had the grouper fish special. For a small entrée I thought $40 was a bit pricy. My friends ordered ravioli but were served a small portion of tortellini. If you enjoy delicious food, a nice atmosphere, good service, yet do not mind small portions and the expense then you will enjoy De Luca.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

london1308
“Best Italian in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Cannot understand the recent low scores? The best fresh pasta I've tasted for a long time, great value and excellent staff/service.

Make sure you visit this restaurant. Ignore any negative comments, I've eaten here dozens of times and never had a bad experience. Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gordes, France
“Avoid! De Disaster at De Luca - major service & attitude issues :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was one of the most unpleasant dining experiences I have ever had and feel compelled to publicly complain for only the second time ever.

We were a party of three families totalling 12 (which is always going to be more difficult than 3 tables of 4) but this evening at 530 Lincoln was simply chaos!

Chronologically:

We had to wait for our table which wasn't ready when we arrived - not a great start, but 10mins is not too bad

Our order was not taken for 30mins - getting frustrated, this is a little annoying

One of us is told by the waitress to stop talking and listen as she is telling us what the specials were - I'm regretting booking this place, but it will get better, right? Wrong....

Food finally arrives after 45mins - we've been here for 1hr25mins now

7 of 12 meals are good. Simple and tasty cuisine - but then there are the other 5.....

3 of 10 orders where wrong - starting to despair (maybe the waitress should have listened to us?!)

2 main courses + 2 sides did not arrive until 20mins after the other meals - is this for real?

But, what motivates me to leave such a scathing review was the attitude of the manager. If something goes wrong and it is resolved, it's not ideal, but I can accept that. Here the attitude was one of total disinterest.

After refusing at first to come over when I asked for him ("he's too busy" - oh yes, I see him, he's over there drinking by himself). He was then unwilling to acknowledge at the end of our meal, that the standards we experienced fell well below the minimum acceptable.

He actually said "that's why you shouldn't ask for substitutions" - oh I see, it was my fault!

Whilst he claimed to be the owner, I doubt that. No owner could have been so unconcerned by their customers experiences being so poor......We left without desert or coffee and the next day informed the concierge who made the booking to be wary in the future

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very Disappointing :((”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and decor, as well as the waiter seemed friendly and knowledgable about the specials and menu. However, the specials at $35 plate weren't that special. Lobster crab ravioli tasted like a cheese glob and a small portion. The seafood risotto had stringy crab throughout with a good amount of shrimp. What the shrimp linguine lacked they made up with too many picked artichokes giving it a sour taste. The chicken Parmesan tasted like fried KFC on spaghetti. My kids fettuccine Alfredo was the tastiest with plenty of shrimp. What a rip off charging for refills! What year are they stuck in?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best Beef Carpaccio ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We where walking in Lincon road when suddenly a really nice hostess stopped us.. What a surprise! My new favorite restaurant in Miami! And we come often.. The crab cakes,, risotto.. Everything was better than in Italy! Amazing!