“A few comments” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A few comments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

From the outside and in it is very nicely decorated and comfortable to stay in, had a great and helpful welcome at the front desk, but there was a couple of things. Firstly the breakfast you have a choice of 2 things (American which is eggs and bacon or continental which is 1 croissant and toast) just isn't enough choice, especially when there is cheaper items on the normal menu to choose from! Secondly the pool attendant seems a bit useless, no enthusiasm to come over to get drinks or food and also if you want an alcoholic drink you have to go down and buy it and then bring it up to the pool!

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Far
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My vacations was great. The rooms awesome, stayed on the 1st floor and it was sound proof. Besides pablo and David who did their very best to make sure i had an awesome time the rest of the staff are nothing but ordinary.

I go to Miami beach to party many times a year i saw the leslie hotel become from an abandoned shelter to a beautiful work of art.

They also had a master piece, work of art in the lobby, i forgot who the artist was but i'd really like to know so that i can research it.

I will be back before summer ends, the hotel is just amazing

• Stayed July 2014
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Leslie hotel was newly renovated when we visited in July 2014. The whole hotel had a total overhaul and gives a feeling of luxury. The front has the distinct features of the art deco style
of the 30s and is in yellow and white. They have nice pool on the roof with watercooled/sprayed tent areas with water resistant couches and they served drinks and food. The mohitos are the best we have ever tasted. Miami beach was just across the road and you can borrow sun chairs from the hotel for free. The free WiFi is also of excellent quality which is important for us.
The breakfast is included (tips extra) and was good but after a few days we wanted to order something different for breakfast. We also had lunch some of the days and we especially liked the extra thin french fries. We had one of the huge mohitos one of the evenings in the hope that it would be as good at the one they served at day time, but it was not. We can not recommend the big mohitos served during late evening/nights. Taking the price in consideration we felt that this was more or less a rip off.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and gave excellent advice for nice restaurant in walking distance from the hotel (ask them). The reason for not giving Leslie hotel 5 stars is the cleaning of the room that we found not satisfactory. There were sand on the floor (the floor was done but obviously not good enough), the shower were not cleaned (hair etc) and the soap and soap holder/cup was not cleaned/renewed. However - we will definitely recommend Leslie hotel and we would also stay again if we visit Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My experience at the Leslie Hotel is one I soon will not forget. The Location of this Hotel is more than perfect; it’s on the well-known ocean drive but on the quiet part. The bottom floor of this hotel holds 2 apple computers with fast internet and a small gym to use for those interested in getting their workout done. However I would not recommend the gym in this hotel not because it is a bad gym, its way better than most gyms I’ve seen. I think it is better to go run at the beach which is walking seconds from the hotel. The pool for this Hotel is on the top floor (terrace) the view will leave anyone speechless just sightseeing the beautiful city of Miami Beach. The Jacuzzi. Is almost perfect for those looking to take a few minutes or hours to just relax and enjoy the hotel, the service in the pool are one of the weak points in the hotel, the staffs at the pool just don’t seem active enough. The front desk, Kadia convince me and my lovely family to book a tour and it was perfect, she is perfect I really enjoyed talking with her and her assistant. David was very helpful throughout the night, he happily and willingly changed us rooms because we needed an extra bed but he also helped us quite a few times throughout the night. I honestly don’t have much anything bad to say about the rooms they seem quite perfect except for the thin walls. I stayed on the first and second floor during my stay and I heard no absolute noise from the street however I did hear completely everything from the room next to me, the walls are so thin apparently. I called David and he apparently went to talk to my lovely neighbors to lower the volume of their voice. Also we asked for an ocean view room however their only ocean view rooms are the suites apparently. The hotel is a small hotel, very modern but small so other view from the terrace or suite might not be worth mentioning. Pros: great service, great hotel, cons: restaurant service suck, breakfast is at 8am, not 7:30, not 7:45am, breakfast is at 8am. Another con is the parking; apparently the parking is managed by a totally different company. I left my car at the front desk at 8pm and it was still in front of the hotel at 11pm, I asked for the car at 8am and it got to me at 8:45am. Overall the Leslie Hotel was an extremely rare yet magnificent find. The prices seem to be low because it’s a new hotel but am pretty sure next year the prices will double. Thanks’ everyone for the great service and for making my anniversary not just a great memory but an unforgettable experience.

Stayed July 2014
Jamestown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Leslie Hotel, The attention I got from the Hotel staff and restaurant was very pleasant. From the time to check in to check out I received Vip treatment. I can’t mention any negatives about this Hotel, just pure positives. I would like to give special thanks’ to Lilly, David, and Pablo who all made my stay extremely wonderful with their wonderful and unforgettable hospitality and experience. Alysa from the restaurant staff also was magnificent.

• Stayed July 2014
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is restaurant review.

Years ago was great but the re-opening is a failure as far as the food goes. Ordered their burger/fries and pizza for a late afternoon snack. NO fresh ingredients at all, everything frozen, was told due to all customers being tourists.

IT WAS TERRIBLE.

The only redeeming factor was they were honest and removed all charges. That's why they get a 2 rather a one.

Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Loved it!! I got checked in by David who is cute, professional and extremely friendly and helpful he told us everything about the night life, were to go and were not to go, i got to admit i felt safe to be in the loby at 3am with my laptop knowing he was there behind the desk. I wish i had more time with lilly the few times i made contact with her she was always happy and speak to me in spanglish. Lilly and david both made my stay extremely enjoyable the leslie is my number 1 hotel choice now. Someone else made my stay there great but unfurtunetly i dont recall the name, he is the bellman, big guy always smiling and happy. About the rooms, i stayed in the first floor and there was no noise whatsoever, i think it was because of the thick window glass or the door in the hallway. The rooms are bigger than in other art deco hotels or atleast bigger than the art deco hotels i have stayed at. The room looked brand new. The pool view is awsome, i would recommend anyone to look at the sun rise from the room and relax in the jacuzzi. Also great pool service. Most of my stay i spent taking selfies in the pool. Thank you leslie staff! Be warned i will be back

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Leslie Hotel? Share your experiences!