“Nice and well located hotel in the heart of south beach” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #75 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Paris, France
“Nice and well located hotel in the heart of south beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a very nice week at the break water hotel.
Of course its a little bit noisy, but its well located, in the heart of Ocean drive.
Employees here are very nice and friendly (Nathalie, Pablo, Sadrac and the rest of the team are always there when you need)! So really appreciate it
The menu of the restaurant should be improve, it was better two years ago...

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are too noisy, much better taking a room in the back with no view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
It was wonderful having you here visiting with us! We are happy you enjoyed being here with us in the center of Ocean Drive (we know it can be a bit noisy, but is the heart of South Beach!). To address the noise from all the surrounding entertainment and action, we will be modifying our windows this year to help minimize the noise for our guest's comfort. Natalie, Pablo, Sadrac and the Team look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Chauncey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel was perfect. Starr was excellent, location was prime time and the aura was much needed. Definitely recommend this hotel to any and everyone. Pablo who works for the hotel helped us with our bags and taxis as if it was his livelihood. Much respect

-Brandon B.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
So wonderful to hear you enjoyed your visit with us at The Breakwater! We loved having you here. Pablo and the Team look forward to you visiting with us in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the Breakwater. We were a part of a 10 person group. From the time we arrived, Pablo and Natalie took care of us. From checking in to checking out, they had us covered. There were some requests from the group for bath tubs because not every room had them. But that was no problem, Natalie changed our rooms and even was able to move to whole group into the same building. You can't ask for any better service than what we received at The Breakwater. I would advise anyone that is looking for a good location in South Beach with friendly and professional staff to stay there. We had a blast in South Beach and can't wait to come back again. And yes, we will be staying at The Breakwater.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Some of our group stayed in suites and the Penthouses. Just remember, you ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
It is so great to hear you enjoyed a wonderful visit with us at The Breakwater! We loved having you here. Natalie, Pablo and the Team are looking forward to having you visit with us again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Me and my wife stay there every summer. Marisol and Natalie both need raises, they are AWESOME and professional. A+++ and so are the bell hops. They accommodate us and handle all or any issues that arise. The breakfast inclusive of the hotel fee is far better than the when they would give you a chair out at the beach so KEEP THE BREAKFAST.

You can check out Bicycles and the vibe is just the best. I love this hotel.

The price is great. The staff is great. We had a few issues and they totally took care of us. The food is great if you eat there. I am in the music business and I stay at 5 star hotels only. These rooms are not 5 star but with all that you get I call it the best hotel on South Beach PERIOD. Hands down.

Room Tip: If you want the party side of the hotel stay in the side by the club. It's loud but if your you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! We loved having you and your wife here visiting with us! Natalie, Marisol and the Team look forward to having you here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive with us again soon!

Templeton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a fun evening! The drinks are enormous and delicious. Buy one, get one free. We had mojitos with plenty of mint and lime. Service was good. Dinner exceeded our expectations. We had whole snapper, crusty on the outside, tender on the inside. Steak was done perfectly and the garlic mashed potatoes were tasty! Plenty of food - two people split one dinner in our party. I recommend the seating at The Breakwater for fantastic people watching and a good time!

Room Tip: Valet parking is the only way to go
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Breakwater! It was wonderful taking care of you and we look forward to seeing you here with us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

You cant get a better location then the Breakwater right on Ocean drive in the heart of South Beach. Ana at the front desk and Murat in reservations were extremely helpful and accommodating considering a few hiccups we had during our stay which was outside of the hotels control. This was my second time here and I will definitely be back.

P.S. room key cards need to be fixed/updated had a few problems getting into the elevator/room

Room Tip: I had 2 suites facing Ocean Drive and even with all the nightlife the room was still very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for visiting with us! Ana, Murat and the team enjoyed having you here at our active, bustling hotel in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We all look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

beware!! please read..

i recently stayed at this hotel the weekend of july 10-14th, 2014, i arrived early and my room was ready, which was great but it was not what i expected. very small room. i asked the supervisor for an upgrade and she gave me one free of charge which was awesome. it had the ocean front view which was beautiful.

let me shorten this whole thing up. friday night me and my friends were at the courtyard, hanging out, i decided to use the bathroom in the lobby around 2am. i went in, and after i left, about 5 minutes later i realized i forgot my room key in the bathroom. i asked the manager on duty to go back into the bathroom, and he kept telling me that it was locked. i told him i left my room key in there but he did not care. i didnt want to argue, so i told him to make me a new one.
me and my cousins went back into the room, around 2:30am, i decided to leave to go find a drink with my cousin. so there was 2 people left in the room, one slept on the couch, and the other on the bed. we came back around 4:30am to the room to only find that the door was open.... everyone was sleeping when we left!!! i woke up my cousins up to ask if they opened the door and they didnt. come to find out, one of their phones was stolen!!!!!!

someone went into the room when they were sleeping and stole a iphone!!! i could go into much detail but im not going to waste my energy.. i called down to the front desk, the jerk from earlier, did not seem to care. i called to make a report with the police, they came down to get my story, then detectives came, and even crime scene...

the hotel told me they couldnt review the cameras, without the dm there. and he wouldnt be coming in until tuesday.. it takes 3 whole days???? and of course, i'm leaving on monday, so he would come on tuesday..

my cousin had to purchase a brand new phone $700 at apple to replace.. the hotel did not care about us, didnt seem bothered at all about the burglary.

and fyi, we seen "housekeeping" cleaning at 3am, saturday night... oh really?!!!

stay away from this hotel. everything about it sucks. food is nasty. free breakfast? of course, cause its just cereal and very limited options..

please please dont give this place anymore business...

i never got refunded my money for my stay, nor did i ever get a call back from them in regards to the viewing of the cameras from the night of the incident...

hate this place.. made me lose trust, and i was worried for my life the whole entire trip. had to sleep with the chair wedged in the door. worst feeling ever!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I was very disappointed to read your account of your visit with us here. To say that is not the typical experience here is an understatement. I and the team are truly sorry that was your experience and you left with that memory and feeling. I did look into the issue with your phone along with the detective assigned to the case. Perusal of the video did not show anyone other than the occupants entering or leaving your room. As to the rest, I can only hope that you would contact me on your next visit to South Beach so I can organize a wonderful visit for you.

Chauncey

Been to Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!