“An overall great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An overall great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

It was an overall great experience! The hotel was very nice. However, know that they will hold a $100 deposit for every night you stay that will be given back after you check-out if nothing was damaged in the room and there is a $24 fee for everyday you stay. I was surprised with all the hidden fees when I got there. Also, the only bad thing about my stay there was that we had to wait about 3 hours for our fresh towels to come to the room.. and we had just come from the beach. Imagine that wait! I called them 3 times and even offered to come get them myself but they said that there is only one housekeeper there. Other than that little mishap, we had a great stay and it is in the middle of everything on South Beach!

Room Tip: Ask them if they are assigning you a noisy room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments and observations! Your feedback is very valuable to us and we endeavor to always provide a fun, active experience for our guests here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Chauncey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

First of all wanna give a shout out to my girl Natalie for looking out for me. She's the best!! I will totally recommend this hotel to everyone. The location is everything plus more!! At night they have a club right by the pool which is super cool!! And the view from my room (ph12) was awesome!!!! Best to believe I will be back!! Love, Cicily Sparks

Room Tip: Ask for the ph rooms they are the best!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you loved the hotel, because we loved having you here with us! Thank you for your kind comments about our non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. Natalie and the team look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Bolingbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Natalie was extremely helpful before, during and after our stay. Anytime I had a question or was unsure, she was there ready and willing to help. Such a pleasant and beautiful person. When I do come back to Miami to visit, I will be sure to stay here and I hope that Natalie will be here to assist.
Pablo was very helpful as well. He made sure we were comfortable and whenever we seen him he greeted us with a smile. We felt protected and secure with his assistance. Great guy! Thankful for these two. Made our vacation feel like home and we will never forget. XO

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor in the corner and the view was beautiful. Amazing palm trees covered o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
So nice to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Natalie, Pablo and the team here at our hotel in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive loved having you here and look forward to you visiting with us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room looked just as pictured online. I liked the decor and it was very clean. The hotel is centrally located to all of the action on South Beach. It is just two doors down from Mangos which is my favorite bar to visit on South Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
It was wonderful having you here visiting with us, Le'Barron! Thank you for your kind observations about our fun, non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. It is good to hear we were so convenient for you situated between Mangos and all that is Ocean Drive! We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Hotel Breakwater for a week and I found the staff and hotel itself AMAZING!!!! What ever I needed they were right there assisting me . I will def be returning . The location is perfect ! We were made to feel at home during our stay and it was greatly appreciated .

• Stayed July 2014
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
It was so wonderful to have you here visiting for a week! I am happy you had an amazing time here at our busy, fun hotel in the center of South Beach;s Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I can't say enough positive things about our stay here! We looked at so many reviews online before booking I honestly felt overwhelmed. I don't know how many times my friend and I said "we booked the best hotel!" during our stay. The customer service of the hotel staff was above and beyond my expectations. Our room was clean, cool, and nicely furnished. A special shout-out to Natalie who truly made our stay exceptional. We had a rough journey getting to Miami (I absentmindedly left my wallet at the airport!) and when we arrived at the hotel she made everything so easy and stressfree that our trip experience turned right around. Thank you so much for such a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
It is so great to hear that Natalie and the team help turn around your vacation after leaving your cell phone! It was wonderful having you here visiting with us at our fun, entertaining hotel here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We all look forward to having you here with us again soon!

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before, but this time my brother and I stayed in the Penthouse or Roof Top Suites. Amazing experience. I love the rooms, the shower is incredible. It is one of the most modern hotels and centrally located to all of the hot attractions in SoBe!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
So happy to hear you had an amazing visit and enjoyed one of our Penthouse suites! It was great to have you back. We look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Chauncey

Been to Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!