“Awesome stay! I love South beach!!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach to your Saves list
Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #75 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Awesome stay! I love South beach!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

While in my stay in the breakwater for the Art Basel i was signed in by Amanda who was nice and very friendly. We had breakfast there after check in and it was pretty good. I was told about the bicycles and beach equipment i was able to have. Me and my boyfriend went on a bike ride around south beach which i call one of the most beautiful places in the USA. The next day after in the morning we went down and asked about the beach equipment. I was provided 2 vouchers by Natalie who told me to go on the beach and look for the 9st hut. I was greated by a young lady who was very sweet. I was told to go see Jack who attended me for the 3days that i was there. Jack was a great help all around the beach he provided me with towels and service on the beach he even grabbed drinks and directed me to different thinigs to do, he escorted me to the jet ski hut where me and my boyfriend had the best time riding jet skies. All around until the last day where i knew i had to go back home. It was great and thanks for all the service and i want to thank the all staff for all the help and more. So managers for the hotel and beach staff great service and i would love to come back soon and do it all again.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was our first trip to Miami during Art Basel and first time staying at Breakwater Hotel. After reading many great reviews my girlfriend convinced me to stay in the middle of it all. Ocean Drive. I had my doubts but went with the flow. Now, I am glad I did... I must say this place is amazing. The staff is always friendly. They greeted us each time we walked through hallways, lobby and outside of the hotel. The front desk ladies truly made our trip! Thank you Ann, Nathaly.. We want to thank you for for making our stay wonderful. The manager is great, she assisted us and always made sure that we were having a great visit. At one point she went out of her way to get us into a dinner reservation at a restaurant that didn't allow reservations because to art Basel. She made it happen anyway. Thank you.
The Hotel is beautifully renovated and clean. We loved our room and were very sad when time came to leave. We can't wait to return. Breakwater it is!

Georgetown, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I wonder why all the restaurants on Ocean Drive have lowered their standards serving bad food in a very loud environment. The famous Breakwater hotel has opted for a DJ with dance music instead of focusing on better quality food (they all do the same lobster paella and pizzas). Not that the music was bad (it would actually be ok if you we're in a bar or a club), but this is the last thing you need after driving 300 miles back and forth to Key West the same day! Not a very pleasant moment when you can relax with a nice glass of wine and watch people passing. You just wish your food to be served quickly (that was the case) so that you can leave for a quieter place. Don't look for an alternatives on Ocean Drive; they are all the same. Some with really bad live music though !

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Pascal109,

Thank you for the review posted about the restaurant. The Hotel takes these matters seriously and we have contacted the restaurant owners to address these issues. Please be aware that the Hotel is not associated with the restaurant and we will do everything in our power to correct the opportunities presented.
delray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had the best time at the hotel for my 21st birthday! Booked the room online. Turns out the penthouse room we booked wasn't available but the lovely front desk attendant; Natalie; we got upgraded to VIP penthouse. The room was beautiful with pictures of old Miami. Nice rooftop jacuzzi and table with chairs. Had a beautiful view of the ocean and the clevelander! Huge flat screen and free bike rentals. Wifi worked well and loved the ihome! Bathroom was awesome with a shower and separate tub; huge tub! Checked out around 12 the next day and they held our bags for us in a secured room while we went to the beach before leaving. Loved my stay there and will be returning in the near future and other trips to sobe

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is my second time at the Breakwater and I enjoyed my self even more this time around! I was checked in by a girl named Ana who was very nice and helpful in giving us an early check in. I was in room 214 which was a nice room but pretty noisy at night time, when I came by the front I spoke to Amanda at the front desk who was one of the girls who checked me in the first time I stayed at the hotel the 1st time, and she was very friendly and helpful when it came to moving our rooms and I was surprised that she remembered me from my 1st stay last year. My boyfriend and I were moved to a quiet penthouse where there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us from the front desk. Thanks a lot Amanda !!!!! The hotel is in the middle of everything on south beach so its easy to get around. Get advice from the employees they gave me and my boyfriend a great place to eat dinner at a place called Davids Cafe. The only thing that bothered my about the hotel was that housekeeping took a while to clean the rooms and every time we came to the front desk to rent the bicycles ( they are cool old school bright green bikes you can rent for free) they didn't have any or they only had one. I think the hotel needs to invest in more bicycles for the guest if they are going to rent them out. The valet guy Pablo was very nice as well! We complained about having to wait 30min to get our car that he had the front desk give us 1 day of free parking.

The Breakwater is really a south beach hotel and I will be coming back next year! Thanks for giving me another great vacation in miami

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, there is no view but there is no noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a quick getaway and decided to hit South Beach. We booked Hotel Breakwater and met Natalie upon checking in. Natalie was very courteous, accommodating and helpful; a genuine sweetheart. We didn't expect the room to be ready, but she checked us in early and our mini vacation started immediately!! The room was clean and had a partial ocean view. We called about the hot water and maintenance was at the door within minutes. He explained that the faucet needed adjusting and showed us how to use it to our satisfaction, since I declined to have it fixed at that time. The next day, they fixed it before we returned to the room. They had free bike rentals and gave us vouchers for the chairs and towels at the beach. Everything went very smooth and you could tell the hotel maintains a great rapport with the beach service providers. We will definitely stay here again and again. The location, service and value are the best. Thank you also to Frances at the front desk and the other hotel staff members. They were all great to us!! See you again soon!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I arrived from Dallas and checked in Natalie was helpful but took a while to check in. I was told i have access to bicycles and beach equipment. Rooms were nice but a bit loud. Next day i went to the beach and was treated by Jack who took care of me and helped me all week let me know the different things to do in Miami. He was really helpful and made my stay alot more relaxing. While i checked out i waited like 30min for the valley guys to get the car.But overall was a good stay the beach makes up for everything i love Miami and would love to live here.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!