“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
delray
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had the best time at the hotel for my 21st birthday! Booked the room online. Turns out the penthouse room we booked wasn't available but the lovely front desk attendant; Natalie; we got upgraded to VIP penthouse. The room was beautiful with pictures of old Miami. Nice rooftop jacuzzi and table with chairs. Had a beautiful view of the ocean and the clevelander! Huge flat screen and free bike rentals. Wifi worked well and loved the ihome! Bathroom was awesome with a shower and separate tub; huge tub! Checked out around 12 the next day and they held our bags for us in a secured room while we went to the beach before leaving. Loved my stay there and will be returning in the near future and other trips to sobe

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is my second time at the Breakwater and I enjoyed my self even more this time around! I was checked in by a girl named Ana who was very nice and helpful in giving us an early check in. I was in room 214 which was a nice room but pretty noisy at night time, when I came by the front I spoke to Amanda at the front desk who was one of the girls who checked me in the first time I stayed at the hotel the 1st time, and she was very friendly and helpful when it came to moving our rooms and I was surprised that she remembered me from my 1st stay last year. My boyfriend and I were moved to a quiet penthouse where there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us from the front desk. Thanks a lot Amanda !!!!! The hotel is in the middle of everything on south beach so its easy to get around. Get advice from the employees they gave me and my boyfriend a great place to eat dinner at a place called Davids Cafe. The only thing that bothered my about the hotel was that housekeeping took a while to clean the rooms and every time we came to the front desk to rent the bicycles ( they are cool old school bright green bikes you can rent for free) they didn't have any or they only had one. I think the hotel needs to invest in more bicycles for the guest if they are going to rent them out. The valet guy Pablo was very nice as well! We complained about having to wait 30min to get our car that he had the front desk give us 1 day of free parking.

The Breakwater is really a south beach hotel and I will be coming back next year! Thanks for giving me another great vacation in miami

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back, there is no view but there is no noise.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a quick getaway and decided to hit South Beach. We booked Hotel Breakwater and met Natalie upon checking in. Natalie was very courteous, accommodating and helpful; a genuine sweetheart. We didn't expect the room to be ready, but she checked us in early and our mini vacation started immediately!! The room was clean and had a partial ocean view. We called about the hot water and maintenance was at the door within minutes. He explained that the faucet needed adjusting and showed us how to use it to our satisfaction, since I declined to have it fixed at that time. The next day, they fixed it before we returned to the room. They had free bike rentals and gave us vouchers for the chairs and towels at the beach. Everything went very smooth and you could tell the hotel maintains a great rapport with the beach service providers. We will definitely stay here again and again. The location, service and value are the best. Thank you also to Frances at the front desk and the other hotel staff members. They were all great to us!! See you again soon!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I arrived from Dallas and checked in Natalie was helpful but took a while to check in. I was told i have access to bicycles and beach equipment. Rooms were nice but a bit loud. Next day i went to the beach and was treated by Jack who took care of me and helped me all week let me know the different things to do in Miami. He was really helpful and made my stay alot more relaxing. While i checked out i waited like 30min for the valley guys to get the car.But overall was a good stay the beach makes up for everything i love Miami and would love to live here.

• Stayed December 2012
Lanzarote, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

wow! this was the best hotel ever! Especially in ocean drives. I was staying at another hotel, not too far from the breakwater, but the service in the noise was the horrible. We went around looking for rooms, the prices was not worth it. When we got to the breakwater ask for the rate the front desk agent Natacha told us and shower us room 308. We book for the next day for two nights, she was very nice, and she matches the rate we were paying. If you want a nice room great location breakwater is the place to go.

Room Tip: room 308..
derby ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were there for thanksgiving weekend and we were celebrating out 30th anniversary . The manager name Janina could not be any more awsome and the staff from the maids up to the management were so pleasant and helpful . We arrived Thursday and left on monday they were the same from start to finish . Do yourself a favor and book a room THE BEST ON SOUTHBEACH see how the staff is for yourself

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor and have a great deck on top to sit and see the water and...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Breakwater on South Beach on two separate weekends in November 2012.
The service and staff were super helpful on all levels, from getting me the best room and price available to suggestions on nightlife and where to go during my stay. The ladies at the front desk Natalie and Ana were amazingly warm and charming and ready to make my stay the best it could be.
Janina the Hotel Manager made my stay a pleasure and was very attentive making sure my room was up to my expectations and i was enjoying my stay.
Overall the rooms are very clean and modern the vibe of the hotel is very friendly and upbeat. The location is perfect on Ocean drive in the middle of all the action.
I would recommend Breakwater for a great place to stay on South Beach. Its a great hotel but what made it even better was the staff Natalie, Ana and the Hotel Manager Janina made me want to come back !!!

PAUL B (NYC)