“the best time hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #84 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lanzarote, Spain
“the best time hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

wow! this was the best hotel ever! Especially in ocean drives. I was staying at another hotel, not too far from the breakwater, but the service in the noise was the horrible. We went around looking for rooms, the prices was not worth it. When we got to the breakwater ask for the rate the front desk agent Natacha told us and shower us room 308. We book for the next day for two nights, she was very nice, and she matches the rate we were paying. If you want a nice room great location breakwater is the place to go.

Room Tip: room 308..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Turkish first
derby ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were there for thanksgiving weekend and we were celebrating out 30th anniversary . The manager name Janina could not be any more awsome and the staff from the maids up to the management were so pleasant and helpful . We arrived Thursday and left on monday they were the same from start to finish . Do yourself a favor and book a room THE BEST ON SOUTHBEACH see how the staff is for yourself

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor and have a great deck on top to sit and see the water and...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Breakwater on South Beach on two separate weekends in November 2012.
The service and staff were super helpful on all levels, from getting me the best room and price available to suggestions on nightlife and where to go during my stay. The ladies at the front desk Natalie and Ana were amazingly warm and charming and ready to make my stay the best it could be.
Janina the Hotel Manager made my stay a pleasure and was very attentive making sure my room was up to my expectations and i was enjoying my stay.
Overall the rooms are very clean and modern the vibe of the hotel is very friendly and upbeat. The location is perfect on Ocean drive in the middle of all the action.
I would recommend Breakwater for a great place to stay on South Beach. Its a great hotel but what made it even better was the staff Natalie, Ana and the Hotel Manager Janina made me want to come back !!!

PAUL B (NYC)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

AVOID this place. Over-priced accomodations and restaurant.
They pulled the trick of billing me for mini-bar charges I didn't use after I checked out.
Rude and unresponsive help - especially management/front desk.
Power went out and air conditioning didnt work overnight.
MISERABLE place - you can do much better for less.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We´ve stayed here last week for 7 nights and totally loved it! We´ve been upgraded since we stayed for a week and had a wonderfull room, very spacious!
The staff is all wonderfull and very helpfull. The hotel offers free wifi, free phonecalls, beachtowels, bikes etc..
We defenitely go back next year! Thank you all for the great service!

Mesa, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms were neat. But my nightmare came just before I went to check out. The night I checked in they took the whole amount of my stay on my credit card and was never told there was going to be any holds on my card. Was out over $640.00 and could not pay any bills. This also happened to my friend that stayed in another room and her charges were more than mine. Was difficult to get hold of a manager to get cleared up and no one really wanted to help. Was hung up on a few times and they said they were to busy. They are great when you are in person but on the phone terrible service.

Room Tip: The pent houses were amazing views but the same as most rooms. My room was bigger than the penthouse...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in 2 penthouses, locked valuables in safe, went to dinner, got sick that night & next morning left & forgot valuables. When we called to tell them they totally ignored our pleas to check the safe, would not return phone calls, finally told us the things in safe were not there. What good is a safe if they go into it & take your things??? Would NEVER stay here or recommend anyone to do so either. It was a scam at my expense! We also ordered 2 drinks at the bar for a mere $42, what a rip-off!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!