“Overall great” 4 of 5 stars

Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   940 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #71 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
new york city / new jersey
“Overall great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Been a visitor to South Beach multiple times but this was the first time here. We stayed here for our vacation late october to early november for 4 nights and 5 days. Loved the room decor, and yes there was definitely noise, but nothing not out of the ordinary for south beach. Me and the boyfriend loved the location and the free amenities such as the free beach chairs, towels, bikes, etc. This hotel exceeded our expectations...comfiest beds ever, awesome shower, and what topped it off was Elvin, one of the receptionist late night, saw us coming home late/early morning (6am). We had a conversation saying that we would be checking out in the morning (11am) and were exhausted. He was kind of enough to offer us later check in (12pm) since we were so obviously tired. We were sooo happy! Although it was just an hour it was definitely needed and helpful.

I would say the only cons were that during our stay the free wifi wasn't always working and when our fire alarm battery died. What made the battery change upsetting was that when we returned it was obvious that maintenance was watching TV in our room since we turned off everything before we left. Kind of made us feel uncomfortable knowing that. Also They do come in before bedtime to turn down your bed and play creepy bird peaceful sounds..I guess some like that but it was weird knowing the staff came in and out so often.

Besides that The Breakwater was a great hotel and loved it. Me and the boyfriend will definitely be back and that is a first for us to want to return to a South Beach boutique hotel.

Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Turkish first
Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visit MIA a lot and this was my first time staying here. Very nice. would stay again. Got a great rate. Hotel clean, room clean, bathroom updated and nice. Overall it was a good stay for me. Right in the middle of everything. Hotel provided beach chairs across the way which was a plus. Staff was nice. Very pleased

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I want to give many, many thanks to the staff of Breakwater Hotel, where we spent very pleasure time during our business trip in Miami Beach. We are not so young and we attended medical conference in Miami Beach Conventional Centre.Even with so many young people around, the hotel had been important for our enjoyment time at Miami. In particular, the kindness of reception clerks (f.e.Natasha) was exceptional. So I want recomended Breakwater Hotel to the people, which are seeking after vacantion or event business time at Miami Beach. Dr.Jozef Pacak and colleagues, Slovakia.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise but I was satisfice whith room 227 and 226.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My one night stay in a beachfront suite was simply wonderful. Beautiful furnishings, comfy bed, fantastic views, great service and most of all the best location. Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so lovely...I slept like a log :-) Great Wifi too that stretches to the beach

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vermontville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

During my stay at the Hotel Breakwater, I couldnt help but constantly think about the experience i had for the short time i stayed there. From the entrance of the lobby to my room i couldnt help but note the hotels cleanliness and crisp, fresh housewares and linen! This stunning hotel not only offered me exceptional comfort, but im honestly not sure if out of everything i was really more impressed with the Pretty, young and professional receptionist named Tasha that assisted me on the day of my stay. I was new to the area on a mini vacation and from the moment i walked in i could tell she wanted nothing more but to assist me in any way she possibly could. When i entered she immediately greeted me and gave me her full and complete attention. Gave me exceptional support and even tips and ideas for attractions and food locations for my stay in the area. Not only did she meet my personal goal of making the customer feel like "He or She is the most important person in the world", she kept a smile her face even after i repeated mis pronounced her name. From the day i check in to the day i sadly checked out Tasha was there with a warm welcome and an even warmer good bye as she wished me a safe11 hour trip back home. If it were not for her exceptional service i dont think my trip would have been half as enjoyable as it turned it out, Thank you so much Ms. Tasha!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was truly the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Definitely not a 4 star. The room was sooo small. This was suppose to be a penthouse suite. Yeah right. Enough room to fit the desk and the bed and the bathroom. Never again. Not even a fridge. The fridge that was there was fiiled with their stuff to buy if you chose to. Not impressed. Only thing I liked was the location. Daffney at the front desk took off our resort fee since she realized we were displeased. Sticking to brand named hotels from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel with my husband for 4 days in October, here are main positive and negative:
" - " loud music plays during whole day starting from early morning and till late at night
Additional charges for sunbed and umbrella ( 30 $ per day)
You have to cross the road to get to the beach ( hotel is not directly on the beach)
Unfriendly receptionist ( afro american lady)
Tiny pool
"+"
Located on the main street of miami beach
Free bicycles, wi fi and fresh green apples
Newly renovated rooms in modern style
Close to bus tour station (hop on/off)

Room Tip: Corner suits are larger
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!