“Exceptional Receptionist” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Vermontville, New York
“Exceptional Receptionist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

During my stay at the Hotel Breakwater, I couldnt help but constantly think about the experience i had for the short time i stayed there. From the entrance of the lobby to my room i couldnt help but note the hotels cleanliness and crisp, fresh housewares and linen! This stunning hotel not only offered me exceptional comfort, but im honestly not sure if out of everything i was really more impressed with the Pretty, young and professional receptionist named Tasha that assisted me on the day of my stay. I was new to the area on a mini vacation and from the moment i walked in i could tell she wanted nothing more but to assist me in any way she possibly could. When i entered she immediately greeted me and gave me her full and complete attention. Gave me exceptional support and even tips and ideas for attractions and food locations for my stay in the area. Not only did she meet my personal goal of making the customer feel like "He or She is the most important person in the world", she kept a smile her face even after i repeated mis pronounced her name. From the day i check in to the day i sadly checked out Tasha was there with a warm welcome and an even warmer good bye as she wished me a safe11 hour trip back home. If it were not for her exceptional service i dont think my trip would have been half as enjoyable as it turned it out, Thank you so much Ms. Tasha!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was truly the smallest room I've ever stayed in. Definitely not a 4 star. The room was sooo small. This was suppose to be a penthouse suite. Yeah right. Enough room to fit the desk and the bed and the bathroom. Never again. Not even a fridge. The fridge that was there was fiiled with their stuff to buy if you chose to. Not impressed. Only thing I liked was the location. Daffney at the front desk took off our resort fee since she realized we were displeased. Sticking to brand named hotels from now on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel with my husband for 4 days in October, here are main positive and negative:
" - " loud music plays during whole day starting from early morning and till late at night
Additional charges for sunbed and umbrella ( 30 $ per day)
You have to cross the road to get to the beach ( hotel is not directly on the beach)
Unfriendly receptionist ( afro american lady)
Tiny pool
"+"
Located on the main street of miami beach
Free bicycles, wi fi and fresh green apples
Newly renovated rooms in modern style
Close to bus tour station (hop on/off)

Room Tip: Corner suits are larger
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been on vacation Breakwater hotel for 10 days in September and October of 2012 and just have to say that people who work and hotel is note 10. Surely come back again because the hotel has a great structure and a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

As I walked in i was greeted by German the valey man who was very nice. In the front desk Natasha was very nice and let me know all the different things i can do. They provided bikes and beach equipment. On the beach i was helped by Jack who was the sweetest person he provided me with great help and let me know the different activities i can do even mentioned clubs and bayside that was a great place to vist also let me know about the jet skiing that his company provides. He was always willing to help even in moving and opening a umbrella for me. On the beach also i got food and Jack once or twice got it for me. The food and beverage girl witch i didn't grab her name was very nice. In the room was very clean but a bit noisy other than the noisy part everything was good and hope to come back. Great service!

• Stayed October 2012
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had tickets to see a show at the filmore Miami, just by luck I found a special rate for the breakwater on hotels.com the breakwater is a perfect location to everything. We walked to the filmore. After the show we went back to the hotel to clean up and go out, when we got to the hotel that's where the party was, we didn't have to go anywhere else. The hotel was very clean and the staff were most friendly and helpful. The room was perfect and the beds are comfortable. Any one wanting to experience south beach should stay here, you won't have to go far for a fun vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My fiance and I went to Miami for a weekend get-a-way to celebrate our birthdays. It is a very nice boutique hotel. Our room was very clean and the staff was great. The only disappointment is that we booked a penthouse suite but it was more like a penthouse room. The pictures on the website are a bit deceptive. We called the front desk to inquire about the size of the room and were told all of the rooms on the 4th floor were penthouse suites with sitting areas. We explained our room did not have a sitting area and the manager seemed shocked. She was unable to move us to another room but she did send up a bottle of champagne.

The other thing to note is the noise. We really should have done more research prior to booking the hotel. We didn't realize it was prime party zone which means the music doesn't stop until 4 or 5 am.

Another tip would be avoid the hotel restaurant. It is overpriced and the food is not worth the money.

Overall it is a really nice hotel across the street from the beach in a prime party scene.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Esplendor Hotel Breakwater South Beach? Share your experiences!