Great 1 Bedrm on 15th St. Walk Everywhere in Sobe

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

ias731
Somerset, New Jersey
“Not what I expected...Needs a good cleaning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

My husband and I rented this unit on July 6-10, 2011. We arrived at 2:30 pm (in the rain) and did not find the key in the lockbox as was told by the rental agent. Someone was "kind" enought to let us in the building and I took a chance, went up to the unit and found the cleaning lady vacuuming. She advised that she would need a few minutes to finish up cleaning. We did not have a problem with that; 15 minutes later she came out with garbage and gave us the keys to the unit.

Upon entering the unit we realized that she did not leave with any linen e.g., sheets, blankets, towels, etc (the unit does not have a washer/dryer) and began to wonder if the linen was changed. This left us with an uneasy feeling all weekend and my husband refused to sleep on the bed or use the towels in the unit. We went in search of a Target or Walmart to purchase linen for the unit.

In addition, the pots, pans, dishes, glassware did not look usable. We went out and purchased Lysol and disposable cups. We did/could not cook in the unit which was part of the benefit of renting an apartment vs a hotel room.

The bathroom had toothpaste on the wall and just a general sense of un cleanliness. My husband used a paper towel to wipe the shower floor and came away with the paper towel being black, e.g., back to Walgreens for shower shoes.

We have rented apts in Paris, FR, Montreal, QC, Key West, FL, Martha’s Vineyard, MA as well as other parts of the world and have never felt as disgusted with the cleanliness of any apartment in the past.

In general, the apartment could benefit from a good scrubbing and a couple hundred dollars to replace kitchen items, worn towels, and add a second (or third) set of sheets/blanket. These are things that you can’t see in pictures.

I took for granted that the apartment would be "clean", especially because an $85 cleaning fee is part of fee to rent this unit.

3 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 3 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
2 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 1 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
1 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 3 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
3 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Cleanliness
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Jul 27, 2011
This guest was upset from the moment she arrived for her FOUR night stay.
First she arrived early,in the rain,and my housekeeper was still cleaning the apt. The key is left at the agreed (contract) time of 3pm. The only time I heard from her was upon arrival,after that she didn't call me once. Should she had contacted me,or my local housekeeper,all her issues would have been resolved. We leave some cleaning supplies in the apt.no need to go on an "Odyssey" to buy Lysol. Her over dramatization of the events is totally malicious.We would NEVER leave dirty towels or linens and we leave CLEAN linens on the beds,so to say her husband "refused' to sleep on the bed is ridiculous. Why didn't she call me?. Should she had called me I would have sent the cleaning lady to review her issues. There is also a laundry room on that floor,with only four apt.,how could she not see the laundry room?
No one has ever complained about the quality of the cooking utensils,ever,To say they weren't able to cook because they didn't "look" clean,well what else can I say. This review is grossly inaccurate,and not the way we conduct our business.
Unfortunately she had bad weather during her stay,I'm sure this made things worse,I don't control the weather.
Imapieceo...
Essex
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Easy rental from start to finish. Ideally located apartment within walking distance of everything. Just as it appears in the photos, was ideal for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers - one of the comfiest sofa beds we have experienced in our travels worldwide.

Bike was handy, 2 would have been even better but easy to rent them on the beach.
South Beach local bus is the best kept secret - 25 cents, best bargain ever! Take it to West Avenue and 10th and visit Whole Foods supermarket, it's too good for words! No need for a car and easy to catch bus to Aventura Mall and Downtown Miami.

Plently of great places to eat in South Beach - News Cafe and Jerry's Famous Deli were our favourites. Next Cafe was over rated.

Books and Books in Lincoln Road Mall is hidden away but a little gem.

Art Deco walk is well worth going on, Bass Museum of Art is not worth visiting.

Had a brilliant week, worth coming from the UK for!

4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range I prefer not to answer
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Close to the beach
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Aug 4, 2010
So Happy you enjoyed your stay at our condo.!!!
We are looking forward to hosting you next year!
Thanks!
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 175 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing