“Gem In South Beach” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Gem In South Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This boutique hotel was great! The staff were so helpful. The concierge suggested some great places to dine nearby and the bellman were quick to please. The room was beautiful! I had an amazing view of Collins Avenue and the swanky décor was what you would expect in South Beach. I stayed here for work. I got a rate mid week of $117 a night. That is insane. I would never guess a rate to be so low for the location and the atmosphere. The restaurant and bar next door are so convenient. The margaritas were so-so, but the food and wait staff were great! I highly recommend this hotel. It's located near everything and the small resort fee they tack on is well worth it....they have a section on the beach where the wait-staff set up a towel, chairs, and umbrellas for you. It definitely is a gem in South Beach!

Green Features: They are very conscious of water conservation and ask that you would reuse your towel. No big deal.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
John W, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Arielle L,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy that you were able to interact with our super friendly staff and that they gave you some great recommendations in the area. All of us here at Dream look forward to taking care of you for many more visits in the future, so we'll be looking forward to seeing you next time!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had an amazing stay at this hotel, from the friend staff to perfectly clean room. This was perfect location, just block away from the beach. So any restaurants to choice from, I think I ate at a different restaurant every night. I love the night life. The roof top pool was nice. I will definitely stay here again and again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Jr suite for more space in the room.
Green Features: The hotel care about the environment. They had a sign on your day , remaining to conserve your towels when possible.
Dear Ben E,

We think your review is pretty amazing as well! Your awesome comments about our hotel and our staff make us beam with pride, and it is great to hear that you had such a memorable experience. We can't wait for you to book your next stay with us, and until then, safe travels!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Dream hotel is amazing !!! Cant beat the location. I spent the night with my girlfriend and they hooked us up for our 4 year Anni. The rooms are undescribable and so unique down to the colors and lighting in them. i usually don't stay at boutique hotels but i decided to give it a chance and I'm happy i did. The pool is small but its very nice especially being on the roof. Also wanted to say that the staff, down to the trash man was very polite and outgoing. Dream is my new getaway spot ! and i highly recommend it !!!

Dear CapoLifestyl33,

Your review is amazing as well! Thanks a bunch for your fantastic comments, and we are all smiles knowing that our staff was able to make such an impression. We are all about providing a crisp and fun service, and it sounds like we helped make a very memorable experience for you here at Dream. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow, what can I say about this place. I was there last week with my best friend for 5 days. This hotel is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are perfect, clean and the style is so pretty.
We had such an amazing time and everyone that works there is soo friendly! Special thanks to the housekeeping who cleaned our room, reception and concierge team for their help on where to go etc and to Ben and Mariano at the Naked Taco! The food was amazing and they all looked after us.

We can't wait to come back!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Marii2808,

Wow, indeed! Thank you so much for your stellar review and super nice comments about Ben and Mariano at Naked Taco! We had such a great time taking care of you and making sure you experience here at Dream was superb, and all of us look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Perfect location, nice and clean rooms, rooftop and perfect hotel staff.
To minutes from the beach, couple minutes walking to shops and lincoln road.
Felt really like home while staying here, they also have the naked taco - Awesome food, drinks and staff. Highly recommended!! will definitely come back here!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Liana92,

We are so proud to be your new favorite (and best!) hotel in South Beach! We take great pride in being able to provide a fun and friendly atmosphere that helps our guests have an awesome time, and so your comments really make us smile. Thanks for the recommendation, and we hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location is fantastic - you're a block away from the beach, and all the best spots in South Beach are a short walk away. The rooftop pool area is expansive, though the pool is pretty small and heats up in the late afternoon to the temperature of lukewarm bathwater. Fortunately I was here in August so it wasn't too packed. Food and drink prices for the hotel were reasonable, as were (surprisingly) the minibar prices. The Etro bath amenities were nice - body lotion was fantastic. No ice in the rooms/floors but when you call room service to deliver it, it arrives within 5 minutes. With regards to the room, I have two thoughts: 1) Only book this place if you are in a romantic relationship and 2) Only book this room if you don't care what your makeup looks like. I recommend #1 because they only have 4 rooms in the whole hotel with double beds (so it's really hard to get one), and because bathrooms are all glass (the front is opaque glass, but still), and the wall of the shower (which is glass) is also the wall for the hallway leading out the room. This means that whoever is sharing the room with you is trapped in the bedroom area if you don't want them seeing you in the nude when they try to exit the room. All that glass also has an amplifying effect on, you know, bathroom needs. So if you have any bathroom needs that don't involve going #1, the entire room is going to hear it VERY LOUDLY. With regards to #2, the rooms are lit with mood lighting so it's difficult to see much. This can be a good thing if you have a passion for dimly lit rooms (I mean hey doesn't everyone look good in the dark?), but in my case, it was a comedy routing trying to do my makeup to go out on the town. I ended up trying to catch any light reflecting off of any surface (closet, minibar mirror, etc.) in an effort to get better lighting which I'm sure you can imagine worked really well;-p I wasn't sure if I'd end up looking like a clown or what, but was relying on my friends to tell me if I did. The rooms are equipped with a bevy of different light buttons (as opposed to switches), all of which have some sort of symbol on them which is supposed to tell you what they do but in reality is pretty much unintelligible. They tried to fix this fact by providing you with a 'light switch menu', which would be helpful if it wasn't so dark you couldn't read it. I told this to the front desk manager when I checked out, who informed me that they are working on better lighting for the rooms as well as lighted vanity mirrors. So when that's updated I'll be back, because I had great service and a wonderful time.

Dear mbarr29,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your detailed review and feedback with us! It was great to read that you got to take advantage of our awesome location, and that you experienced some great service from our staff here at Dream.

Like you mentioned, we are in the process of redesigning some of the lighting elements in our rooms that will be super user-friendly and a perfect match for the cool design and atmosphere that runs throughout our awesome hotel.

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kelly from the pool bar is great!!! The rest of the staff was also very friendly and helpful. There is a great pool at the hotel which is lots of fun. I would definitely recommend Dream South Beach especially for a couple.

• Stayed August 2014
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We think your review is pretty awesome as well! Thanks so much for your great comments about Kelly, and we are so happy that you had such a great stay. See you next time!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!