“Great Stay!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Nice rooms, the reviews said rooms were small but I found my room to be comfortable. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT SERVICE. .. great location. Parking is not the best but no where in south beach is... I love this place, I will definitely stay again and I suggest you do too!

Room Tip: Try not to get a first floor room. Bring a small cooler mini bar is expensive.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Most excellent! Thank you so much for your outstanding review of our hotel! We are all smiles reading your review and hope that you will come back and visit us again very soon. See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Loved rooftop pool. Dj at night on the weekend & music played during day, Cool vibe. The restaurant Naked Taco was great. Good mexican food. The hotel is 1 block from beach. Great location. However rooms are dim. Lighting is a bit complex & cannot get really bright. So getting myself together to be on my Miami best was not an easy task. No full length mirror. I won't stay here again because of this.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is very nice to hear that you were able to enjoy our awesome rooftop and enjoy some great food at Naked Taco! I am sorry that you had some difficulty with the lighting design and lack of a full-length mirror when you were getting ready. For your next stay, and for the benefit of future guests reading this, the hotel does offer full-length mirrors upon request and our friendly staff can deliver to your room.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again for your next trip to South Beach, so until then, safe travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Pro's: This hotel was very nice and quite fancy. The room was impressive with dimmed lighting and a modern look. It was very romantic yet fun and very 'Miami'. Service was great, they really went the extra step to make sure you had a good time. very clos to the beach and the resto at the hotel 'Naked Taco' was delish! Very nice waiters too. Rooftop terasse was very cool. Free WiFi.

Con's: The valet parking was reallly expensive so we parked two blocks down at the municipal parking building (1$/hour) as opposed to 37$ for the day. Although the room was very nice, it was VERY small. You could only be 1 person at a time in the bathroom and we had to jump over our luggage to get around the room. Full awesome bar in room that is nice to ....look... at ;)

All this being said, I'm not totally sure I would go back to this hotel since there are many hotels around there that are probably just as cool and might have a little more space. However it was a good experience and I would recomend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for choosing to stay at Dream! Like you said, there are a lot of other beautiful hotels here in South Beach, but we are so happy that you decided to stay with us and allow us to take care of you. It is great to hear that our friendly staff was able to give you such attentive service, and that you were able to enjoy some of the truly delicious items off the menu at Naked Taco!

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your experiences, and all of us here at Dream look forward to welcoming you both back again soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Love the decor and lighting. The room is also very spacious and has a huge shower with see through glass doors ( super cool). We had a really nice weekend and I slept like a Queen!!
The hotel also has a delicious restaurant called Naked Taco. The margaritas are delicious and the Taco's were voted best Taco's in Miami. Perfect atmosphere, you can sit inside or out in the terrace and their Service is fast and attentive.

• Stayed July 2014
Awesome! It is so great to hear that you had such a fantastic stay and got to enjoy some of our delicious tacos from Naked Taco! We very much appreciate your glowing review, and hope that you will come back and stay with us again, and get to enjoy some more items off the menu!
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at Dream. It was beautifully decorated with very cool lighting in the room that was trendy and impressive. It was a little difficult to understand all of different lighting configurations without referencing the instruction card but it was pretty easy to figure it out just by pressing the multiple buttons.
There was very little space for our luggage. Granted, we had a lot of luggage since we were on a road trip from California to Florida. There would have been plenty of room if we had half of the luggage.
I didn't get much sleep with all of the parties going on. I could hear somebody in the room above us at about 4:00am walking around in high heels on the hardwood floors. It's not a hotel for sleep. It's more of a party hotel.
The rooftop pool was a lot smaller than I anticipated but we were only there at night, which was perfect. There was a woman passed out on one of the chaise lounges, which was more humorous than sad. There were still several people in the pool having a good time when we got there. It was pretty much what I expected.
The room was very close to the beach and the hotel had a spot on the beach that hotel guests can use. They set up your beach chairs for you. We gave a tip although the man helping us didn't make us feel any pressure to give him one (which surprised me). He was great and seemed genuinely interested in making conversation with us.
I had heard other people talk about concerns for safety in South Beach but I felt completely safe! While my husband slept in the first morning, I went for a jog on the beach. I didn't have any safety concerns at all.
The hotel's restaurant was amazing! The waiter was very engaging but a little assertive and did the "assumptive close" on the drinks. He asked if we would be drinking and we said "yes"( I mean, we're in Miami for goodness sakes)! So after we ordered our drinks, he mixed a shot and brought it to us and asked if we wanted to try it. We agreed and paid for it big time on the bill! We had budgeted for that sort of thing but for those of you who are budget conscious or don't like things being pushed on you, watch out for those questions and don't be afraid to say "no." We were very happy with all of the food we ordered there.
Miami is EXPENSIVE. I am glad I went but I don't think I'll be back unless I'm on a business trip and my company pays the bills!
Overall, if you're looking for a good Miami party experience, this is an ideal hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your nice review with us! It sounds like you and your husband had a really fun time and had a true vacation here in sunny South Beach. Great job taking full advantage of our section out on the beach - the staff out there really are friendly and enjoy getting to know people from all over the world. We appreciate your business and can't wait to see you both again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Recently stayed at Dream. Had a wonderful stay , room was very spacious, bed was incredible, bathroom was oversized and very modern.
The front desk staff were awesome and each and every question or request was met with a quick and almost always positive response.
Nicely placed in the middle of Collins Ave, not to far from the favorite spots and shopping .

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you so much for your nice comments about our friendly front desk staff - we had a great time taking care of you! Your review and recommendation if very much appreciated, and we all hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!
St Idesbald
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Well located hotel to discover Miami south. Very friendly staff. Nice room with all the necessairy facilities. Unfortunately the breakfast was a real disappointment. Ask their adresses for lunch or dinner !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thanks for choosing to stay at Dream, and sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed with breakfast, but it is great to hear that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and enjoy our location and the amenities of the hotel. We all look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!