“Nice boutique experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice boutique experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Dreams really is something unique, the decor is contemporary modern and fresh. (it actually looks like the pictures in real life!)There is something about the lighting that makes it really relaxing.

Location is great, 10 min walk to Lincoln Av where a lot of shops are, and really close to a lot of bars (although its pretty hit and miss on Ocean Drive when it comes to bars, so choose carefully and DO NOT go into places offering drinks offers).

The staff were all really hospitable and super friendly.

I would recommend the rooftop pool, although it does get busy so get their early to get a bed.

Their sister café the Serafina is also excellent with some of the best cocktails in south beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
What a great review! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and share your nice comments about our hotel. It is great to hear that you had such a great stay and got to enjoy South Beach to the fullest. All of us here at Dream look forward to welcoming you back again soon, so until then, take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Checkin:
I loved my stay here. I arrived around 930ish on Friday sept 6th in the morning and was praying for a miracle to be able to checkin before 3pm. I hadn't slept for 24hrs and was in desperate need of a shower and a quick nap before I can go begin to explore and enjoy my trip. I was expecting to ask for 12pm or something like that. John checked me in with a pleasant and exciting attitude and without me having to ask was able to offer me a room immediately! (I know that this was the weekend after labor day and volume was down but still how awesome! He didn't have to and I am so grateful!) A pleasant man (forgive me if i'm wrong) I believe named Javier took our bags and lead us to our beautiful room.

The room:
Pros: Beautifully decorated, very clean, housekeeping is diligent and very detail orientated. They lined my shoes up lol! Central air with the thermostat inside the room. Energy conserving. Fully stocked mini bar with top shelf liquors and drinks and snacks. The ambiance is perfect for couples! Energy conserving central air with thermostat inside the room. The beds were very comfortable. Im not sure but it felt like memory foam but more firm.

Cons: The lighting was very dim no matter how many lights you turned on and with two partying females attempting to get ready in South Beach it gets a little tricky LOL! This is still not a deal breaker though. The air is designed to come on only when it senses motion within the room so when we left for extended periods of time, we would have to wait for the air to cool off the room again... still not a dealbreaker. If you want ice, you have to call the front desk to bring some. The ice is kept behind the front desk and they send someone up to bring it.. I didn't like to depend on someone else everytime I wanted ice but still no biggie. The bathroom including the shower is completely see through lol so great for couples....ehhh slightly awkward for friends not comfortable with nudity. Not a problem for us but had it been someone else..... I would have like to have known up front. This hotel really is overall great. I don't have any real qualms, I just wanted to be helpful to others who may travel. I purchased a deal through bookit.com and the package I received made this more than worth it!!!!

The hotel:
It is two separate buildings. the building where you check in and spa are together and then the room I stayed in was in the next building over. The hotel lobby is beautiful and so is the lobby in the building next to it. It has a restaurant downstairs and a pool on the roof. If you are a swimmer be advised its only a little over 3 ft. Im not a swimmer so I just enjoyed the view. There are mattresses and layout chairs by the pool and also rooftop bars. Its gorgeous! The hotel is literally a block away from the beach and strip. So u can have a few drinks on the strip and safely walk back to your hotel. Perfect! My friend had a massage in the spa which she said was great however not unlike most things in South Beach very pricey but it is available.

Checkout was at 12pm on a Monday but our plane didn't leave until 9pm that evening. We wanted to do some last minute shopping. Raul was sooooo nice. Once again I didn't even have to ask, they offered to hold my bag (gave us a ticket to retrieve them later) and called a taxi van and helped us with our bags when it was time to leave.

This hotel was great. Beautiful areas to take plenty of pics (which I will upload later if I can) and very clean but what pushed this hotel to excellence was definitely the superb staff who seemed genuinely concerned about whether or not we were enjoying our stay! There was even a gentleman ( I can't recall his name sorry) who actually looked perturbed that I had come down to get my own ice LOL! I loved it and it really made me feel like I was on a true vacation. I will definitely return and choose Dream South Beach for my lodging. Thanks to the staff for your kind treatment and excellent customer service!

Room Tip: I stayed in rm 267. There's no view but it was a clean room and housekeeping on that floor was...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Very nice! Thank you so much for your recent stay, and for taking the time to share such a detailed and thorough review of our hotel and the staff here. It is wonderful to hear that multiple staff members were able to provide such a great and welcoming experience for you - that is our goal for each of our guests, and so your review makes us very proud indeed.

We really appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you again for many return visits to beautiful South Beach. Take care!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

very stylish hotel in the centre of South Beach. the concierge, Benjamin, was absolutely great, knows everything about tours, nightlife, restaurants. his tipps were fantastic. thanks a lot.
we were there mid of sep 13 where there was a big construction on the street, so it was very loud.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review! We are so happy to read that you had a nice experience and got to interact with our super concierge, Benjamin. He is so passionate about what he does and loves to share that with all his guests. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay at Dream, and look forward to your next visit. Take care!
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

outstanding service and staff... concierge Benjamin hooked us up with a great foodie list of must eats. room was clean and modern. restaurant serafina has great coffee. rooftop pool - awesome. highly recommend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thank you so much for your awesome comments about our rockstar concierge, Benjamin! He loves what he does, and certainly loved being able to take care of you during your stay. We really appreciate your business and are so happy to know that you were able to enjoy all the great amenities in the hotel. All of us here at Dream look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Booked a last minute girls night out in Miami. It was a great location with a fun and eclectic room. The stairwells were old and the elevator was slow, but otherwise a pleasant stay.

The weather was poor for the weekend, so we didn't use the rooftop pool, but it was a great spot. Valet took 20 min to bring my car around, but it was busy during checkout time.

• Stayed September 2013
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks very much for your recent stay with us! I am sorry that the weather didn't cooperate, but it is nice to hear that you had a pleasant stay all the same. We totally agree with you about our location - you can't get any better than being in the heart of South Beach. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Take care!
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great location and mostly fine service with a smile. The rooms are nicely done, if small, but the lighting is awful. We had 2 rooms, one with a fantastic patio with tv on the roof. Nice design; private and easy access to the pool and bar on the roof. Problem was, we wanted to watch a football game and they could not allow it due to contracts. So...lost opportunity. During the time we were there an elevator was out of order, the computer was out of order and with a valet cost of $35 a night, the attendant was late getting our car despite giving significant notice and we were late for an event as a result.

If there were no glitches, a higher rating but it added up to only average. Hope they do better for you.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony on the roof are fun and offer both privacy and pool access.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you had a few minor issues during your stay. We hold ourselves to very high standards, and it is disappointing when we fall short on delivering these. We really appreciate your business, and hope that we will have another chance to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences, and take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I just returned from a 5-night stay at the Dream and had such a wonderful experience. I very much want to thank the amazing management & staff for their hospitality - they truly made our experience a great one.

We arrived on an early morning flight (way before check-in time) and the front desk staff were able to get us a room within a pretty short period. The rooms were a decent size, not big but they fit the two of us just fine. The decor is cool & lighting can be adjusted if blue is not your thing. The bathroom door is clear but there is a door that separates the two rooms, which helps with privacy. My only (minor) complaint is the walls are thin & you can hear pretty much everything. The pool is small but if you get there early enough you can have the pool to yourself - at least for a little bit, which was nice.

The location of the hotel is ok, not great but definitely located in the middle of everything & convenient to get around within a short distance.

Overall, the hotel, our room and location were pleasant but I will have to say it was the staff who made our trip a great stay - we would definitely return. Thank you again Dream.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fantastic! Thank you so much for your really nice review and great comments about our staff. We loved having an opportunity to take care of you both and make sure you had a truly memorable stay, and we hope that we can be your new favorite hotel! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!