“South Beach Cool” 5 of 5 stars

You added Dream South Beach to your Saves list
Dream South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save 15%!
Ranked #54 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kilcoole, Ireland
“South Beach Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our second time at Dream, we have stayed in NYC for a week before and loved its cool art deco design! So when coming to Miami it was a must for us! We arrived early on Easter sunday, prepared to wait for our room, but no they had one ready, so that was great! The room design was cool, true to its pictures on the website! I found the rooms to be of a good size, great use of space and a place to store everything! The pool was fabalous, the pool attendant, I cant of course remember her name was excellent, friendly efficient and a master at manning the loungers as they are always in high demand and limited! Food poolside was also excellent. About an hour after check in, the hotel delivered bottle of prosecco with a personalised card from the team to congratulate us on our honeymoon, thanks so much it was a lovely treat! It is a little noisy, and we had an issue with ac that was frustarting to resolve, but I have to say these are minor issues and would not bother us!
Many thanks to you all at Dream Miami for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are so happy to read that you had such a great stay! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and provide a super relaxing time here in South Beach. Great job on taking advantage of our beautiful rooftop pool - it is seriously the best way to enjoy yourself in the sun. We look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to Miami, so until then, take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at dream for quick getaway!!! Loved the room... Hotel was clean...staff helpful and friendly...and perfect location!!!!! Greeted outside by a bellhop who catered to our needs...ate at Seraphina while we awaited our room... Hit the strip for tons of fun!

Room Tip: standard room was awesome
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Short and sweet! Thank you so much for your great review! All of us here at Dream look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome stay. See you next time!
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights earlier this month, and they were great in checking us in super early (6am).

Location can not be faulted, short walk to the beach, and short walk to main shops and restaurants.

Hotel interior, pool, restaurants is great, as is the decor and modern art deco touches in the rooms.

If I were to fault something it would be the size of the rooms - well used space but just not much of it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your business and taking the time to share your comments! We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you and ensure that you had a lovely time. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, so until then, take care!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Location is really great, one block back from South Beach behind the Versace Mansion. Room is small but decor is fun. I thought the service was really poor for the price of the hotel. Our WiFi never worked but when I phoned about it was left on hold for long time or just got a 'yeah we know' response. Service at the pool bar was poor, took ages to get a drink and no table service but still service was added on the bill. Also the cocktails were really tiny!!
The hotel uses a company which gives you a lounger on the beach but be aware that you need to pay $9 a day for WiFi and the loungers. To be fair I was refunded this when I asked at check out because we did not have WiFi at all for any part of our stay but it seems that if you are paying $200 a night + they could throw in internet access and loungers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! I would like to apologize that you encountered some challenges with the WiFi connection during your stay. I know how frustrating it is when you need to connect and something is preventing that from happening. I would also like to apologize that you did not have a fully relaxing time up at our rooftop bar and pool. This is another area where all your cares and worries should melt away and pure relaxation should happen.

Although I cannot go back and erase what happened, I would love a chance to help restore your faith us. I can be reached at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747. I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you, and I hope that you will consider us the next time you visit beautiful South Beach. Take care!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hotel is gorgeous. Returning to Miami for 2 nights before a Caribbean Cruise I looked at other hotels for something different but just couldn't resist passing the Dream South Beach. Hotel location, Rooms, atmosphere, everything is so chick, stylish, boutique & funky. Love it.

Its a bit noisy early in the morning from the streets being cleaned but for 2 nights and with hangovers it was barely noticeable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Awesome! Thank you so much for your glowing review! We love being your new favorite hotel here in South Beach, and hope that we continue to have that honor long into the future. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we can't wait to see you again soon! - take care!
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall stay was quite good, but with a few issues that were a little annoying / frustrating - but due to what was happening in South Beach at the time. The hotel had signed itself over to be the "Red Bull Guest House" with ongoing parties, radio station etc happening over our stay period.

This meant that the staff were a bit distracted / preoccupied, and quite a few system failures happened as a result of the extra activities... Wifi, phone system and fridge system crashed a couple of times.

In terms of the accommodation, rooms were actually a bit small and a bit 'overdone' - and the lighting system cumbersome and at times frustrating.

We didn't experience the friendliness that other reviewers have noted, but again I think it was as a result of the staff being stressed out by the additional activities at the hotel.

As it was party time, also a number of people screeching in the corridors late at night / early in the morning - which didn't help the sleep.

This review is a little negative, but I suspect the service levels would be better in 'regular' times, rather than what we experienced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dream and take the time to share your feedback. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your stay failed to live up to the expectations that you had about our hotel and the service from our staff. We hold ourselves to very high standards, so it is distressing to know that we failed to show you our very best.

I would love a chance to welcome you back to Dream for a chance to restore your faith in us. I am fully confident that Dream South Beach, and everyone who works here can be the hotel you have always been looking for in your travels. I can be reached at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach, or 305-673-4747. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here the first week of April on a business trip. When I arrived, I had to honk to get someone down from valet. However, he did tell me of locations that were close that could save me a few bucks. I had already seen them around the corner, and opted for valet instead. Check-in was very friendly.

I got to my room, a regular room on the 3rd floor with a king bed. It looked cool when I got in, with dim blue lighting all around. But the light buttons made no sense. Press one, and some lights came on. Press another, and the whole room went dark. I could never get the lighting to my satisfaction, and only as I was packing to check out did someone come by with a guide to what the buttons were. Also, note that the panel with the buttons glows a very bright blue at night, so the room never gets completely dark. But what I really did not like was that the room had no window that opened to the outside. It got to feeling like a blue prison with no fresh air.

Housekeeping was so-so. The room was adequately cleaned, but they never replaced the drinking glasses.

I ate at the restaurant once. I had one of the pizzas, and it was excellent. But the service was even better. RJ (or JR, I forget) was extremely friendly as we discussed where we were from, etc. When I got the bill, he told me before I even looked at it that the tip was already included. Having been to South Beach before, I was already aware of that, but I really appreciated the honesty. That's a rarity at restaurants in South Beach.

The valet service was adequate. One person was very friendly while another tended to not be so. On my last day, when I handed the person at the kiosk my valet ticket and the ticket for my bags that were being held by the desk, he told me that I had to take the bag claim check inside. He just couldn't be bothered. The eager, friendly bellhop inside, though, offered to arrange to have may car brought around and the bags put in. So again, hit-and-miss. But it was slow -- it probably took 20 minutes plus to get my car when I was checking out. Not so the previous day; when I needed my car, I had it quickly and the valet was friendly and professional.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experiences. I would like to offer my apologies that you encountered several challenges during your stay. Here at Dream, we hold ourselves to very high standards, so it is distressing when we fall short of the expectations of our guests.

I am happy to hear that you had a lovely experience at Serafina, and got to enjoy the delicious food there!

I would love a chance to welcome you back and help restore your faith in us. I can be reached at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747. Thank you again, and I hope to hear back from you. Take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!