“It was amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“It was amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been to South Beach 2x before I stayed at the Savoy which was also great (since its one of the few hotels that are right on the beach) the second time I stayed with family. This was a last minute trip for 3 days and I have to day the Dream was a dream. I was supposed to have a male friend roommate and was freaking out over the rooms. Girls and guys if youre going with a close friend of the opposite sex DO NOT FREAK OUT over the room/bathroom situation. Even if youre not that close there is a door that serates the shower and toilet/sink from the actual bedroom. I stayed in their standard room (and last minute ended up alone either way) and I was very happy with the room. Girls/guys if you need a room with major lighting for hair or make up then maybe this is not the hotel for you. I do have to say the lighting is very dim so my make up was very basic. This room was one of the sexiets hotel rooms I have every stayed in some may call it corny but I loved it. The pool area was ok only stopped by for a few minutes on my last day. The furniture does need to be renovated the furnitutre was white/wicker and it was dirty. The mattresses on the lounge chairs were not cleaned....but everything else was amazing. It was a block away from the beach. It was within walking distance from all the shops (Sephora, Victorias Secret) it was also not very far from Wet Willies or Johnny Rockets ( a must for me In SoBe idk why but the shakes tastes better there)

I loved the location and if i go back to SoBe will definitely stay here...the rooms were cleaned periodically and everything was great. Im not much of a partyer so I cant speak in terms of nightlife I love visiting Hispaniola Way and that also was not very far from the hotel. At least not for me its so warm and walking doesnt seem like a pain when your on vacation especially in SoBe. Do visit Puerto Sagua its your regular no frill restaurant that had fried plantains (maduros) the size of my hand. I shared the paella with my sis and it was delish..not very expensive either.

I didnt try the spa or room service or rooftop lounge so I cant speak for that part of the hotel..but everything else was amazing. Book it and go.

Room Tip: Sorry not picky....who spends all their time in a room in SoBe????
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Awesome! We are all smile reading your review and your nice comments about our hotel. It sounds like you had an absolutely perfect stay and really got to enjoy South Beach for all that it has to offer. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Dream, and all of us here look forward to welcoming you back very soon. See you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My Wife picked this spot for our March trip this year and she didn’t disappoint. The hotel is smaller than I am used to but has a trendy boutique feel throughout and is in a great location. You are right in the middle of South Beach, walking distance to all the great clubs, restaurants and the beach. The hotel rooms are a little small but just cozy enough for what we needed. The roof top pool really is lovely. The staff was great. Everyone was very friendly. Wendy the concierge was really helpful with spot-on recommendations and went out of her way to make us feel like VIPs. Overall the trip was great. It was really the perfect South Beach get-away. We are planning to return for a few days again this winter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great location, supper clean, comfy rooms, excellent Concierge Oscar :) who has a great attitude and knowledge of the city. We had dinner at Serafina's and it was excellent. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but who spends time in the bath.. when you have so much to do out the door. We had a drink in the downstair's bar. The upstairs one was full. Did go up there later in the night to see the view. It was amazing, sad I wasn't able to enjoy such a beautiful pool due to my short stay. The reason why I chose this hotel besides location, was the charm of the lighting, which gives the perfect ambient to the rooms. Thank you thank you thank you ! We love Dream South Beach Hotel and it's friendly staff ! We will be back !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
WOW! What a fantastic review! It sounds like you had a perfect stay, and we are all smiles reading that Oscar was able to help make that happen. He is a rockstar concierge, and making sure his guests are having a perfect stay is what he loves to do! Thanks so much for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

great hotel spanning two buildings on collins. very modern interiora, rooms sleek with lots of uplighting if you like that sort of thing. the rooftop pool is fantastic, the service was excellent throughout the stay, and the hotel is good value given the quality. having stayed in several neighbouring properties this is the best of the bunch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Very nice! Thanks so much for your nice review and comments about the service our staff provided. We take great pride in making sure all our guests have an awesome stay, and it sounds like you had a great time staying with us. Thanks again, and we'll see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Going to try keep this sweet n short!

Pros:
•Location
•Service
•Decor
•Cleanliness
•Cool lounge chairs in front to people watch

Cons
•Room was very dark. Would have loved the option to make lights brighter when needed

•No iron in room...however, they delivered one very quickly

•They hold a WHOOPING $300 on your CC. A bit too high, I think.

•Hubby and I didnt get a chance to enjoy the pool, as there was a pool party 3-4 days out of the 5 days we were there. While we did get in free, as we were guests, there wasnt an ounce of space to enjoy. Would be nice if they have a designated area for guests during these parties. The pool played major factor in us choosing this hotel.

•No counter space at all in bathroom for toiletries. Our room had a pedestal sink. A little inconvenient that i had to dump my makeup and hair products in sink, in order to utilize the mirror.

But, overall we had a great stay, and the only reasons I would stay here again, would be the $300 CC hold, and not being able to enjoy pool area.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your visit to South Beach! We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our prime location as well as our service.

Please know that the additional authorization we take on your card at time of check in is so that you can easily enjoy the various amenities in the hotel and charge them to you room.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

So the first thing I noticed about my room was the clear bathroom doors for the shower and toilet. Ha, very glad I didn't make this trip with my parents or something!

Anyway, the decor of the rooms is what you would expect with a trendy hotel on South Beach, there were several types of lighting to choose from in the room and the curtains did a great job of keeping the light out if you wanted.

The pool upstairs was also great, it was busy, but not hard to get a lounge chair to tan on, and the water was kept at a pretty good temperature. They also had free internet, which is pretty rare for hotels at this level I think!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you liked our super cool bathrooms and got to relax in style up on our beautiful rooftop. Thank you for choosing to stay at Dream and we hope to see you again in the future - take care!
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

starting from the front desk the sevice was amazing...very nice staff and willing to help...i had booked a hotel next door for 5 nights at first online and it looked like a ok place to stay until i showed up....compleatly garbage!! so i stayed there one night and in the morning i went looking for a new place to stay..i didnt need to travel far before i came across the dream! nice outside pattio with nice chairs to relax.. well dressed staff at the door....i came across the front desk and was helped by a very sweet and helpful jennifer gonzalez that did so much for us to get us in this hotel.....remind you i was down for the 2013 wmc and everthing was booked ..there was one room available with 2 beds for 3 nights but i was staying 4 so then she had a single bed for the one night and had to hold it and in the mean time i didnt have enuff money on my card because of the other crappy hotel and had to wait for my refund on the card ..so i had sombody from home use their card over the phone wile she booked everthing for us on her computer...now you cant get better service then that! jennifer was a life saver!!!!!! she walked us threw a beautiful updated hotel im sure you have seen the pics already...yes they are that nice no camera tricks ..very comfy beds! my favorite part was the pool on the roof! it is so nice up there and very relaxing and you could see part of the ocean just gorgeous! i will definitely stay here next year!! the only thing i didnt like here was there was no complementary drink or breakfast but whater wa..wa...wa ..no iron..no mini fridge and my rm 367 you could see the toilet threw a glass door a little werid... you couldnt bring your own drink up to the pool other then that its a great "safe" place to stay!!!!! its also in the middle of everthing... great location!!!! enjoy!!!!!!!!

mike nj rm 367 and 218 haha

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
WOW - FANTASTIC! We are all smiles knowing that you and your friends had such an awesome stay with us. Jennifer was really happy taking care of you and making sure you could relax and not worry about anything during your stay. Thanks for such a great review, and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!