“GREAT SERVICE, Excellent location, Fav rooms !” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 10%
Ranked #46 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“GREAT SERVICE, Excellent location, Fav rooms !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great location, supper clean, comfy rooms, excellent Concierge Oscar :) who has a great attitude and knowledge of the city. We had dinner at Serafina's and it was excellent. The bathroom was on the smaller side, but who spends time in the bath.. when you have so much to do out the door. We had a drink in the downstair's bar. The upstairs one was full. Did go up there later in the night to see the view. It was amazing, sad I wasn't able to enjoy such a beautiful pool due to my short stay. The reason why I chose this hotel besides location, was the charm of the lighting, which gives the perfect ambient to the rooms. Thank you thank you thank you ! We love Dream South Beach Hotel and it's friendly staff ! We will be back !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
WOW! What a fantastic review! It sounds like you had a perfect stay, and we are all smiles reading that Oscar was able to help make that happen. He is a rockstar concierge, and making sure his guests are having a perfect stay is what he loves to do! Thanks so much for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!

1,308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

great hotel spanning two buildings on collins. very modern interiora, rooms sleek with lots of uplighting if you like that sort of thing. the rooftop pool is fantastic, the service was excellent throughout the stay, and the hotel is good value given the quality. having stayed in several neighbouring properties this is the best of the bunch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Very nice! Thanks so much for your nice review and comments about the service our staff provided. We take great pride in making sure all our guests have an awesome stay, and it sounds like you had a great time staying with us. Thanks again, and we'll see you next time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Going to try keep this sweet n short!

Pros:
•Location
•Service
•Decor
•Cleanliness
•Cool lounge chairs in front to people watch

Cons
•Room was very dark. Would have loved the option to make lights brighter when needed

•No iron in room...however, they delivered one very quickly

•They hold a WHOOPING $300 on your CC. A bit too high, I think.

•Hubby and I didnt get a chance to enjoy the pool, as there was a pool party 3-4 days out of the 5 days we were there. While we did get in free, as we were guests, there wasnt an ounce of space to enjoy. Would be nice if they have a designated area for guests during these parties. The pool played major factor in us choosing this hotel.

•No counter space at all in bathroom for toiletries. Our room had a pedestal sink. A little inconvenient that i had to dump my makeup and hair products in sink, in order to utilize the mirror.

But, overall we had a great stay, and the only reasons I would stay here again, would be the $300 CC hold, and not being able to enjoy pool area.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your visit to South Beach! We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our prime location as well as our service.

Please know that the additional authorization we take on your card at time of check in is so that you can easily enjoy the various amenities in the hotel and charge them to you room.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

So the first thing I noticed about my room was the clear bathroom doors for the shower and toilet. Ha, very glad I didn't make this trip with my parents or something!

Anyway, the decor of the rooms is what you would expect with a trendy hotel on South Beach, there were several types of lighting to choose from in the room and the curtains did a great job of keeping the light out if you wanted.

The pool upstairs was also great, it was busy, but not hard to get a lounge chair to tan on, and the water was kept at a pretty good temperature. They also had free internet, which is pretty rare for hotels at this level I think!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you liked our super cool bathrooms and got to relax in style up on our beautiful rooftop. Thank you for choosing to stay at Dream and we hope to see you again in the future - take care!
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

starting from the front desk the sevice was amazing...very nice staff and willing to help...i had booked a hotel next door for 5 nights at first online and it looked like a ok place to stay until i showed up....compleatly garbage!! so i stayed there one night and in the morning i went looking for a new place to stay..i didnt need to travel far before i came across the dream! nice outside pattio with nice chairs to relax.. well dressed staff at the door....i came across the front desk and was helped by a very sweet and helpful jennifer gonzalez that did so much for us to get us in this hotel.....remind you i was down for the 2013 wmc and everthing was booked ..there was one room available with 2 beds for 3 nights but i was staying 4 so then she had a single bed for the one night and had to hold it and in the mean time i didnt have enuff money on my card because of the other crappy hotel and had to wait for my refund on the card ..so i had sombody from home use their card over the phone wile she booked everthing for us on her computer...now you cant get better service then that! jennifer was a life saver!!!!!! she walked us threw a beautiful updated hotel im sure you have seen the pics already...yes they are that nice no camera tricks ..very comfy beds! my favorite part was the pool on the roof! it is so nice up there and very relaxing and you could see part of the ocean just gorgeous! i will definitely stay here next year!! the only thing i didnt like here was there was no complementary drink or breakfast but whater wa..wa...wa ..no iron..no mini fridge and my rm 367 you could see the toilet threw a glass door a little werid... you couldnt bring your own drink up to the pool other then that its a great "safe" place to stay!!!!! its also in the middle of everthing... great location!!!! enjoy!!!!!!!!

mike nj rm 367 and 218 haha

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
WOW - FANTASTIC! We are all smiles knowing that you and your friends had such an awesome stay with us. Jennifer was really happy taking care of you and making sure you could relax and not worry about anything during your stay. Thanks for such a great review, and we look forward to seeing you and your friends again soon!
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked a last minute mother and daughter spa vacation. I booked a double handicapped accessible room and then booked massages with the spa. Rewards travel helped me choose this hotel and we were really excited about visiting south beach.

While we were driving around looking for the hotel my cell phone rang and it was the spa telling us they had over booked us and while we couldn't use the spa. they offered give us a massage in our room. I was upset because my whole point of this getaway was to have a spa vacation with my daughter. I was envisioning wearing fluffy robes and sipping expensive tea but alas it wasn't to be.

Then when we arrive at the hotel we were told that there was a music conference at the hotel and that I could only get the handicapped room for one night. They offered to move us to a regular king room. I asked to see the rooms and the double room was a perfect set up for a w-c user. It had a huge bathroom with a roll in shower. It was probably the best handicapped accessible room I had ever seen. The regular king room didn't work it was super small and I couldn't get to the bed or in the bathroom.

At this point I was about in tears to have traveled so far and to not get what I had booked. At this point the general manager found me and offered to comp our night and our dinner. This made up for the booking error and at this point I was happy. The hotel also offered to book us into another hotel.

I enjoyed my one night. the room was really cute and the restaurant and staff was outstanding. The rooftop bar had a big party along with a dj. I had fun checking it out.

The manager told me that if I came back she'd make sure I was treated like a queen and I'm tempted to take her up on it.

Room Tip: If you are a w-c user this hotel has excellent accommodations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize that you encountered some challenges during your stay, but I am extremely happy to hear that those individuals that you interacted with were able to turn things around and ensure that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is always unfortunate when several unrelated issues come together to create a larger negative issue, but all of us here at Dream take great pride in being able to provide outstanding service and create a memorable experience for all our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review, and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed at the Dream for 6 days and 5 nights mid March.

The staff is very very attentive, helpful, and eager to assist you with anything. The staff deserves 5+ stars, their is nothing worse than staff that doesn't care, everyone who works at the Dream really gets this. I don't remember a staff that was so happy to be there for you.

The hotel is very well maintained, charming, if you like small and quaint this is a great hotel right in the heart of South Beach.

Roof top pool big plus, very chill, beach with private lounge chairs for hotel residents also a big plus. Sarifina's restaurant is part of the hotel too, so you hardly need to move far for great meals.

The hotel photos are beautiful, absolutely beautiful, the problems are that the rooms are tiny, everything at the Dream is small. Sidewalk walking traffic is so close to the hotels lounge chairs, if you want that you will like this, if not, oh well too bad, you will deal with it,

If you know what you are getting in advance, you will be very happy. I can go either way now since Ive been there.

I may go back maybe during off peak where I can upgrade the room, but with so many options in South Beach to choose from I enjoy seeing new resorts.

Overall I give everything 4 or 5 stars but the small rooms really make it hard for me to love this place.

I have been to many places in south beach

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your super nice comments about our staff! All of us here at Dream take great pride in being the best at what we do, and so your comments really make us smile. It's nice to hear that you also were able to enjoy Serafina and their delicious menu creations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Dream, so until then, take care!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!