“Part of the South Beach Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chatham, Canada
“Part of the South Beach Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. We certainly admired the considerable care taken in the design aspects especially of the room and the rooftop. The room (and the entire hotel) were squeaky clean. I've read other reviews complaining of noise on Collins; we had no such problem, but did have a side room. We spent $16 on two drinks on the rooftop during happy hour, which features a two for one deal. This was terribly overpriced considering the type and size of the drink. We tried not to let this (or the rude bartender) spoil our time up there, as it is an absolutely beautiful place to be!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the busy Collins St. to avoid the possible noise. Don't worry...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you loved our design of the room and our beautiful rooftop pool and lounge. All of us here at Dream look forward to a chance to welcome you both back and give you another awesome experience here in South Beach. See you next time!

1,220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights during New Years Eve. Paid a good 400 dollars a night for a room towards Collins Avenue. As one would expect this room got to be extremely noisy at nights due to the busy road right outside our window.

However, the hotel was clean and our room was impeccable. Comfortable bed and cool mood lights.

Great roof top pool and lounge area. We didn't mind the loud music but wouldn't recommend it to someone seeking tranquility.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the cool lighting design and our amazingly comfortable beds, as well as our beautiful rooftop pool and lounge. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you both again soon. Until then, take care!
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a lovely room in this hotel where we stayed before emabrking on our Bahamas cruise. The room although compact was beautiful; comfy beds and everything you would need for your stay. The roof top pool was excellent and heated to a good temperature so warm it was like having a bath. My only cristism would be the bar prices were very expensive. But the sunlongers and beds around the pool also very comfy. Service was good and always with a smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Very nice! Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy the cool design of our hotel, and relax in true South Beach style. We also love hearing that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and allow them to take care of you. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent three nights at the Dream and was very disappointed. The worst thing about the Dream was the service. I called the front desk around 8:00pm and asked for my room to be cleaned while I was out to dinner; the front desk promised it would be. I came back around 9:30/10pm -- not cleaned. Called again. The front desk would send someone right away, so we went upstairs to the pool rather than relaxing in the room. We came back around 11pm -- not cleaned. Called again. At that point, "no one was available" to clean my room (which I do not believe) but -- guess what? -- they could send up new sheets so I could make my own bed. Gee thanks. I told them to forget it and I'd just wait until the next day. We went to the beach the next day and I came back around 2pm in the afternoon to get something from the room. It still was not cleaned. Amazing! I went to the concierge. He was vaguely apologetic and took off the $8.99 fee for the beach chairs that the hotel informed me that I would need to pay when I arrived (not before). As for the rooms, I think they are supposed to be "sexy" with open glass showers, but there is nothing less sexy than the open glass-door toilets. (Oh and when I arrived, I had to call the front desk because the glass door to the toilet didn't even close.) Privacy matters aside, instead of focusing on being "VIP" or "luxe," they should focus on providing service that I would expect from any hotel. I'd rather have a clean room than a glass of a bottle of $5 sparkling wine when I arrive. Definitely not the service I would expect from one of the Dream's more established competitors. The plus is that it's a pretty central location. The guy at the poolside bar also gave some good restaurant recommendations, which was helpful.

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer you my apologies that you experienced some issues with your room not being cleaned at the times you requested. I checked with our Housekeeping Department and our records, and I do show that you received service during your stay. However, I apologize for the apparent miscommunication that occurred when you requested additional service later in the evening, and our ability to accommodate that request.

I would love a chance to speak with you directly about your stay, and hopefully you will give me the chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you. Take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent the last two nights. The staff and service was outstanding, particularly Henry, who greeted us when we arrived and made us feel like a VIP. Also, our bartender, Emily, on the rooftop bar,was particularly attentive and gave us great advice on night spots. This is the first time I have ever written a review but felt compelled to after the outstanding job they did for us. The only downside was the glass doors to the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great comments about Henry and Emily - they really have a great time interacting with their guests and making sure everything is just right. We really appreciate your business, and we hope you will return and visit us again soon!
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

positives: good location - quick walk to beach and nightlife though being a few blocks closer to lincoln would have been a bit better. at the restaurant in the hotel - serafina - enjoyed my breakfast of ricotta/lemon pancakes. also had a wonderful authentic italian dinner of pesto, potato, and homemade pasta as well as peperonata. sheets are soft. decor is fun/appealing. free internet.

negatives: extremely noisy. heard my neighbors going at it full throttle. woke up one morning to an alarm that wouldn't go off - from next door. couldn't sleep because of the persistent "thump thump thump" of some kind of electronic music. same type of annoying "music" up at the pool too - there isn't a calm peaceful moment here. after complaining to front desk around midnight they got the restaurant to turn it off. the pool is nice for a quick dip but there is almost no chance of actually getting a seat near it since it is so small. no gym but i didn't mind paying the $15 to use Crunch which is a great gym just a few blocks away. painfully slow elevator.

would probably look for a different hotel next time due to the noise.

Room Tip: ask about noise. probably best not to be right above restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I would like to apologize that you encountered some issues with the music and noise levels during your stay. Here at Dream we work to accommodate all of our guests to make sure they are having the most enjoyable stay possible while here in South Beach.

Thank you again for choosing Dream, and all of us here hope to see you again for your next trip to Florida! Take care!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Prompt check-in with complementary champagne and someone to bring our bags up, followed by a dim-lit chic room with a transparent bathroom (easily covered up once asking the front desk). This 5-story hotel is in an excellent location in the middle of Miami Beach. The roof-top pool and vibe are amazing, except the roof closes around 10. Everyone at the hotel was very nice, especially Andres the concierge helping us discover clubs to go to at night!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Awesome! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are so happy that you loved our hotel and got to enjoy all the amenities and design elements that make us one of the coolest hotels here in South Beach. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!