“What a beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Dream South Beach to your Saves list
Dream South Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save 15%!
Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Blackpool
“What a beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a lovely room in this hotel where we stayed before emabrking on our Bahamas cruise. The room although compact was beautiful; comfy beds and everything you would need for your stay. The roof top pool was excellent and heated to a good temperature so warm it was like having a bath. My only cristism would be the bar prices were very expensive. But the sunlongers and beds around the pool also very comfy. Service was good and always with a smile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Very nice! Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy the cool design of our hotel, and relax in true South Beach style. We also love hearing that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and allow them to take care of you. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent three nights at the Dream and was very disappointed. The worst thing about the Dream was the service. I called the front desk around 8:00pm and asked for my room to be cleaned while I was out to dinner; the front desk promised it would be. I came back around 9:30/10pm -- not cleaned. Called again. The front desk would send someone right away, so we went upstairs to the pool rather than relaxing in the room. We came back around 11pm -- not cleaned. Called again. At that point, "no one was available" to clean my room (which I do not believe) but -- guess what? -- they could send up new sheets so I could make my own bed. Gee thanks. I told them to forget it and I'd just wait until the next day. We went to the beach the next day and I came back around 2pm in the afternoon to get something from the room. It still was not cleaned. Amazing! I went to the concierge. He was vaguely apologetic and took off the $8.99 fee for the beach chairs that the hotel informed me that I would need to pay when I arrived (not before). As for the rooms, I think they are supposed to be "sexy" with open glass showers, but there is nothing less sexy than the open glass-door toilets. (Oh and when I arrived, I had to call the front desk because the glass door to the toilet didn't even close.) Privacy matters aside, instead of focusing on being "VIP" or "luxe," they should focus on providing service that I would expect from any hotel. I'd rather have a clean room than a glass of a bottle of $5 sparkling wine when I arrive. Definitely not the service I would expect from one of the Dream's more established competitors. The plus is that it's a pretty central location. The guy at the poolside bar also gave some good restaurant recommendations, which was helpful.

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer you my apologies that you experienced some issues with your room not being cleaned at the times you requested. I checked with our Housekeeping Department and our records, and I do show that you received service during your stay. However, I apologize for the apparent miscommunication that occurred when you requested additional service later in the evening, and our ability to accommodate that request.

I would love a chance to speak with you directly about your stay, and hopefully you will give me the chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and I look forward to speaking with you. Take care!

Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Spent the last two nights. The staff and service was outstanding, particularly Henry, who greeted us when we arrived and made us feel like a VIP. Also, our bartender, Emily, on the rooftop bar,was particularly attentive and gave us great advice on night spots. This is the first time I have ever written a review but felt compelled to after the outstanding job they did for us. The only downside was the glass doors to the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great comments about Henry and Emily - they really have a great time interacting with their guests and making sure everything is just right. We really appreciate your business, and we hope you will return and visit us again soon!
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

positives: good location - quick walk to beach and nightlife though being a few blocks closer to lincoln would have been a bit better. at the restaurant in the hotel - serafina - enjoyed my breakfast of ricotta/lemon pancakes. also had a wonderful authentic italian dinner of pesto, potato, and homemade pasta as well as peperonata. sheets are soft. decor is fun/appealing. free internet.

negatives: extremely noisy. heard my neighbors going at it full throttle. woke up one morning to an alarm that wouldn't go off - from next door. couldn't sleep because of the persistent "thump thump thump" of some kind of electronic music. same type of annoying "music" up at the pool too - there isn't a calm peaceful moment here. after complaining to front desk around midnight they got the restaurant to turn it off. the pool is nice for a quick dip but there is almost no chance of actually getting a seat near it since it is so small. no gym but i didn't mind paying the $15 to use Crunch which is a great gym just a few blocks away. painfully slow elevator.

would probably look for a different hotel next time due to the noise.

Room Tip: ask about noise. probably best not to be right above restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I would like to apologize that you encountered some issues with the music and noise levels during your stay. Here at Dream we work to accommodate all of our guests to make sure they are having the most enjoyable stay possible while here in South Beach.

Thank you again for choosing Dream, and all of us here hope to see you again for your next trip to Florida! Take care!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Prompt check-in with complementary champagne and someone to bring our bags up, followed by a dim-lit chic room with a transparent bathroom (easily covered up once asking the front desk). This 5-story hotel is in an excellent location in the middle of Miami Beach. The roof-top pool and vibe are amazing, except the roof closes around 10. Everyone at the hotel was very nice, especially Andres the concierge helping us discover clubs to go to at night!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Awesome! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are so happy that you loved our hotel and got to enjoy all the amenities and design elements that make us one of the coolest hotels here in South Beach. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Property is beautiful, and wonderfully located.
Rooms are nice and well appointed and pool and roof bar really outstanding!
Nice spa too.
Negative points:
- bad room service in the morning (no way to get a coffee or breakfast at 7 had to call 4 times to finally have a cappuccino at 8!) and also unerasonably expensive
- awkard and poor lighting system in the room. Impossible to put make up on or to see your face in the bathroom mirror!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experiences. We love hearing that you loved our beautiful property and got to enjoy our rooftop and spa! However, is is distressing to hear that you had a negative experience with our room service. I would like to offer my apologies that this caused you some frustrations during your stay. During your stay, we were transitioning between the old restaurant concept and our newest addition, Serafina. I am happy to say that we are now fully open and operating smoothly!

All of us here at Dream hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we may provide you a flawless hotel experience and show you why staying at Dream is the best choice you can make when coming to South Beach.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was very chic, but the complicated lighting failed to make up for the lack of sunshine in sunny Miami. It was also tiny in comparison to the other hotels I visited in Miami at similar price points. The lack of a proper door (it is glass) on the bathroom was also awkward. My biggest complaint was that, upon booking, we were not informed that the pool area was to be closed for the entire day owing to a private party. I had originally booked with the intention of spending my day by the celebrated pool, and in retrospect I should have cancelled my reservation upon check-in and found someplace more accommodating. For $350, I would expect use of the standard facilities advertised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that you were not able to enjoy the pool due to the private party during your stay. Here at Dream, we work to accommodate all of our guests to make sure they are having the best experience possible, and it is unfortunate when the enjoyment of some guests negatively impacts others.

I would love a chance to speak with your directly about your stay, and hopefully you will allow me the chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: 305-673-4747, or johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope to be able to speak with you soon! Take care!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!