“LOVED IT!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York, New York, United States
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Prompt check-in with complementary champagne and someone to bring our bags up, followed by a dim-lit chic room with a transparent bathroom (easily covered up once asking the front desk). This 5-story hotel is in an excellent location in the middle of Miami Beach. The roof-top pool and vibe are amazing, except the roof closes around 10. Everyone at the hotel was very nice, especially Andres the concierge helping us discover clubs to go to at night!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Awesome! Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We are so happy that you loved our hotel and got to enjoy all the amenities and design elements that make us one of the coolest hotels here in South Beach. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon!

1,326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Property is beautiful, and wonderfully located.
Rooms are nice and well appointed and pool and roof bar really outstanding!
Nice spa too.
Negative points:
- bad room service in the morning (no way to get a coffee or breakfast at 7 had to call 4 times to finally have a cappuccino at 8!) and also unerasonably expensive
- awkard and poor lighting system in the room. Impossible to put make up on or to see your face in the bathroom mirror!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experiences. We love hearing that you loved our beautiful property and got to enjoy our rooftop and spa! However, is is distressing to hear that you had a negative experience with our room service. I would like to offer my apologies that this caused you some frustrations during your stay. During your stay, we were transitioning between the old restaurant concept and our newest addition, Serafina. I am happy to say that we are now fully open and operating smoothly!

All of us here at Dream hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we may provide you a flawless hotel experience and show you why staying at Dream is the best choice you can make when coming to South Beach.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was very chic, but the complicated lighting failed to make up for the lack of sunshine in sunny Miami. It was also tiny in comparison to the other hotels I visited in Miami at similar price points. The lack of a proper door (it is glass) on the bathroom was also awkward. My biggest complaint was that, upon booking, we were not informed that the pool area was to be closed for the entire day owing to a private party. I had originally booked with the intention of spending my day by the celebrated pool, and in retrospect I should have cancelled my reservation upon check-in and found someplace more accommodating. For $350, I would expect use of the standard facilities advertised.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that you were not able to enjoy the pool due to the private party during your stay. Here at Dream, we work to accommodate all of our guests to make sure they are having the best experience possible, and it is unfortunate when the enjoyment of some guests negatively impacts others.

I would love a chance to speak with your directly about your stay, and hopefully you will allow me the chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: 305-673-4747, or johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope to be able to speak with you soon! Take care!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Dream South Beach is the place to stay if you are looking for a well-located, off-beach hotel. The design is fantastic (although lighting in the rooms, although ultra cool, is confusing at first). The pool is an excellent roof-top oasis and the restaurant is very legitimate.

The walk to the beach is very easy by the way.

Room Tip: elevators are a bit slow so 2 floor would be ideal. the stairway is nicely appointed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your nice comments. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy our location and the super easy access to the beautiful beach! We really appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The bed is great, fine sheets, comfortable and great pillows. Being able to sleep on vacation is important for me and the room is designed for sleep, or at least for stying in bed. The room is dark with the lights on as high as possible. Don't plan to spend time in the room unless you plan to stay in bed. Our room was small and a bit overdesigned as with trendy hotels.

Great rooftop pool and sitting areas, and nice staff.

Maintenance in the hotel is poor considering that the hotel is fairly new, our bathroom door would only open half way, an obvious problem that housekeeping should have but did not address. The hand dryer in the restroom at the pool was broken and the soap dispensers were both empty, for four days, the pool tempearature was up and down.
Overall the stay was nice, but I probably would not return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dream and sharing your experiences with us. I would like to offer my apologies that you experienced some issues with the condition of the public areas. Here at Dream, we hold ourselves to very high standards, and we take it seriously when we fail in an area such as this.

I would love a chance to speak with you directly about your stay, and hopefully you will allow me the chance to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at: 305-673-474, or johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com.

Thank you again for staying with us, and I hope to speak with you soon!

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here for 7 days when I was down in FL for a conference. It was a nice boutique hotel and in a great location - near restaurants, shops, nightlife and a block from the beach. The rooms were super dark and there is no business center so I don't recommend it for business travel. I would definitely return for a personal vacation though. The rooms are super trendy and the rooftop pool was amazing. There is a restaurant in the lobby but I never ate there during the visit - it was never really that crowded so I am not sure how long it will survive.

The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Note, check in is in one building but you may stay right across which is no big deal - gave me a glass of champagne when I checked in which was nice. Also watch, because there is a daily resort credit that is charged no matter if you use the beach/rooftop pool.

Note - No gym - have to use Crunch down the block which costs $20/visit.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us, and your nice recommendation! We agree with you 100% about our rooftop pool and lounge - it is awesome up there and the best way to relax in true South Beach style. We are all smiles knowing that you we were able to provide you with excellent service and that you could enjoy a nice glass of champagne during your check in. Thanks again for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

the hotel is in a great location right in the middle of everything in sobe. that is about where the magic stops. the rooms are very small, I've been in cruise ship rooms bigger. the walls super thin
which makes sleeping in almost impossible. not to mention that you can hear everyones bathroom schedule (unless your into that kind of thing)

with the second tower rooftop bar be ready for a music filled night till about 2 am which is early for sobe. but chances are if your staying this close to the club's then, your out anyway.. also if you do stay here and they put you next to the elevator run as far as you can back to the front desk and change rooms trust me.... trust me. all in all would I stay here again... no. with the area so small and plenty of cabs I would choose a higher quality hotel with better amenities and sound proofing. and just cab it anywhere else

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dream for your trip to South Beach! We are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our prime location - you really can't get any better than the heart of South Beach!

It is disappointing to hear that you were disturbed by outside noise during your stay and that you were not able to relax as much as you had planned. All of us here at Dream would love a chance to welcome you back and ensure that you have an outstanding experience! Thank you for your business, and until the next time, take care!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!