“Lovely Location. Fabulous service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 197 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location. Fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband booked a surprise honeymoon for us after our wedding, and we stayed at the Dream Hotel.
It was sooo nice to be somewhere right in the centre of the centre of South Beach.
The standard rooms was a bit small but again we were in MIAMI and spent most of our days out so did not really mind.
The hotel is well positioned as you have the most of the Miami night life around you, but you still feel okay as the noise never gets to you in the rooms.
The glass thingy by the bathroom (in the standard king room) was quite different but overall ambience was cool and chic.
We stayed there from 31st Oct to 5th Nov 2012 and on our final night, we upgraded to the junior suite which was fabulous as it had more space. I mustn't fail to commend the really cool decor of the rooms, plus they were extremely clean and smelled sooo good. Things you take for granted until you stay in really crabby albeit expensive hotels.
The hotel staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Henry the Valet was very very nice to us as well.
My husband and I spent a lot of time on the roof-top bar, toasting to a new life together and I think that was the highlight of my honeymoon for me.
All in al, i would say very nice and I liked my stay there and I highly recommend Dream Hotel as a decent well worth place to stay in Miami.

Room Tip: The suites have more wardrobe room and not as snug as the standard rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Awesome! Thank you so much for your glowing review and great comments about our hotel and our staff, especially Henry! We are so happy that we were able to make your honeymoon extra special and ensure that you had a stay full of new memories together. Thank you for choosing Dream South Beach, and we hope to see you for many more anniversaries in the future!

1,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nites. Clean room, very comfortable bed. Liked the decor. Very Modern. Rooms are small and a little cramped for 2 people. Lighting was confusing to work. Glass door on the water closet is... strange. Valet parking curbside. Beautiful pool on the roof. Weather was not co-operative for us to try it out, though.

We made the mistake of of storing our luggage for a few hours after check out. I had brought my pillow from home. It was not until we were 2 hours away heading home that I noticed my pillow was missing. I called the hotel and a very nice young man located it right away. I asked him to put it in a box and that I would issue a Call Tag; have UPS pick it up and ship it to back to me at my expense. UPS made 3 consecutive day attempts. Each time it was not "Ready". Each day I called and spoke to someone and was assured that the next day it would be "ready" for pick up. (Apparenty they failed to box it and just tried to hand it off to the UPS driver who told them it needed to be boxed.) After UPS exhausted the 3 attempts, I called and got 3 different people on the phone. The latest word I have today is that they are shipping it back to me FedEX. The guy stressed that they were going to "go ahead and ship it back at their expense since UPS dropped the ball" (Really??) and that I would have it 3 days. Hummmm. FedEx implies Express...NOT. He said he prepared the waybill and clicked the "least expensive option" / 3 day service. What I find ridiculous is that I am in the same state and only one day ground delivery from Miami and he clicked 3 day service. It's been a week and still no pillow. Glad it was not something I REALLY needed in a hurry!! Needless to say the lack of concern on the hotel's part did not leave me with a good impression.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am happy that you had a nice time while staying with us and got to relax and enjoy the cool design of the hotel and your room.

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies in our failure to return your lost pillow in a timely manner. It is very distressing to know that several attempts were made and each time there was some mix-up or miscommunication between us, the carrier, and yourself. We hold ourselves to very high standards here at Dream South Beach, and it is highly disappointing when we fail to deliver outstanding service to our guests.

Although I cannot erase what happened, I would love an opportunity to help restore your faith in us. I look forward to speaking with you directly and to invite you back for a future stay so that myself and my team can provide you with an outstanding experience. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
Sanlucar de Barrameda, Andalucia, Spain.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed three nights just after Thanksgiving. Glad we got a good deal because this place is expensive. Note all hotels around here, including Dream, only have valet car parking which is expensive (30 dollars upwards per day) and really you don’t need a car.

Best thing about the hotel is the location on Collins, near 11th and just round the corner from Ocean Drive. So it is a very short walk to where it was happening but away from the noise.

The roof terrace with infinity edge pool, chill out areas and bar is fantastic, such a relaxing place in the middle of the hustle & bustle of South Beach. And they make proper decent cocktails (Dry Martini), none of this pre mixed stuff AND as a hotel guest prices are discounted and better value than most cocktail bars in the area.

The rooms are small, as expected. There is very little storage space for clothes or empty luggage. The blue tone lighting is very low with slightly annoying controls to get the hang of and the low light level meant it was not easy for my wife to do her make-up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Dream for your trip to South Beach! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful rooftop pool and lounge and had some well-made drinks to sip on. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you both again soon!
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel. actually two buildings adjoining is unique from an Art Deco perspective. The rooms, while much smaller than most North American hotels, are exquisitley detailed. The ambience of the room lighting as well as the shower and the bathroom facilities are outstanding. The plate glass doors to the shower and toilet while not affording privacy from a room mate, are high quality. The restaurants on Ocean Ave are just one block away. South Beach is a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We agree with you 100% - our location here is South Beach is awesome! Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your comments. All of us here at Dream hope to welcome you both back again very soon. So, until then, take care!
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were really blown away by the interior design of this hotel. A lot of attention had been paid to detail and made this anything but a cookie cutter hotel that could be anywhere in the world. The rooftop pool and bar were very cool and a great place to start the evening off with a couple of cocktails. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room, a duplex sun suite that we were lucky enough to be upgraded to upon arrival, was comfortable and stylish, albeit that the shades and lighting system made it difficult to immediately know what time of the day it was - I found the lack of natural light a little bit disorientating. I had read comments about the glass walls to the bathroom - and agree that an optional screen or a little bit of frosting would be nice for all but the most exhibitionist of bathroom-goers. Overall, I would say there was definitely a "wow" factor to our stay at this hotel, but if I was going to stay for longer than 2 nights, I would rather have had a room with plenty of natural light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us! We love hearing that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and get to enjoy some delicious drinks up on our rooftop. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again one day!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

The Dream South Beach is pretty much just that without using hyperbole. From check in to check out it is everything that you would want and expect in a hotel. Unlike many others they have not forgotten what hospitality is all about. From front desk staff to bellhop to valet, you're greeted with smiles and friendly faces.
A pivotal moment comes when you enter the room and encounter the lighting panel. However, the great staff delivering your baggage will give you a brief explanation. Intimidation fades away and a sense of control sets in. This should not be taken lightly (pun intended!) Mastering the lighting schemes will help you set the mood and atmosphere for your stay. However, it's not all lights and mirrors (although the mirrors do have lights.)
You will then start to notice the minimalist design of the room- however that doesn't mean lacking.
Unless you are traveling very heavy, you will find more than enough storage room for your things. You will find robes and slippers and you will find more than enough towels. You will also find an almost overstocked snack tray and refrigerator.
There are a few things you won't find: More than one hook in the bathroom, more than one small pain of glass at the shower entrance, privacy for using the toilet or much of a view from the windows. However, you will find that you don't mind any of this, especially once you've had an amazing night's sleep in the most comfortable bed you ever laid on in a hotel!
You'll also want to make sure that you taken advantage of the rooftop. What you will find there is a bar, a 3 foot deep heated infinity pool to enjoy some amazing Mojitos or specialty drinks and a great lounge area with amazing views of both the ocean at sunset as well as the vibrant scene on Collins Avenue. Whether you decide to lounge on a chair, couch or bed the great staff will take care of your every need.
By the time you check out you'll realize it was not a dream, it was real and you'll be very happy it was.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Very awesome! Thank you so much for your outstanding review, detailed feedback, and great recommendation! All of us here at Dream were so happy to be able to take care of you and make sure you stay was extra special. We would love to be your new favorite hotel in the world, and look forward to welcoming you back again and again. Take care!
everywhere
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The main reason to stay at this hotel is for the location, which is pretty amazing. Located right on the famed Collins Avenue, it is nestled near the beach (as in walking distance) and right in the heart of shopping, restaurants and bars. If you are in Miami to party, party, party and get some beachtime, this is the place to stay.

Cons are the thin, thin walls (I literally heard the people in the room next to me arguing and could hear every person that walked up and down the halls); restaurant was under construction so it ran out of a few menu options and there was some noise; rooms were slightly dark. Also, no gym onsite, so you have to go down the block to a gym they have a deal with.

Benefits were great location, attentive staff, great rooftop bar and pool, trendy room design and full service spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy or perfect location here in South Beach!

I am sorry that you were disrupted by loud neighbors, and that you were not able to fully enjoy the restaurant. It is currently in transition to becoming Serafina, so hopefully you will stay with us again and be able to enjoy their delicious menu creations!

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!