“Great Hotel for Miami Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 10%
Ranked #46 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Hotel for Miami Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Perfect location if you’re looking for a hotel that’s in the middle of it all but quiet and relaxing as well. Hotel décor was great, staff was friendly and informative when we had questions and the room was very accommodating. We had the jr. suite and that was just big enough for the two of us and our belongings. A little different having glass see through bathroom and shower doors but we got used to it and knew were the other should be in the room while the other was in the bathroom lol. Not a place for families unless the children are in separate rooms from the adults because of this. We have only one negative review point and that is the bed. The mattress was not so nice to our backs and hips and it was a queen so a little small for two adults. The pillows are down feather so no support there and hard to use. I hope the next time we go they have new mattresses and they are king beds. Otherwise they get an A rating overall. Will stay here next trip for sure!

Room Tip: Choose a Jr. suite if possible... it was the size of a normal hotel room big enough for two people s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing Dream and allowing us to take care of you for your Miami trip! We are all smiles knowing that our staff was able to provide great service, and that you enjoyed the design of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again for your next trip! Take care!

1,303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our very first time to South Beach and our first time to Dream Hotel. It turns out we picked a perfect hotel. The hotel is small but the location is great and the staff is all very attentive from check-n to check-out. This trip was for us to celebrate our anniversary and I wanted it to be special. Being new to the area I was worried that I might not pick the best places to go to. I went to the concierge for help finding the best restaurants and clubs to take my wife to. Wendy the concierge was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain many different options for us. We went to Juvia on her recommendation and it was exactly the type of experience I was looking for to surprise my wife with. She gave us all the insider tips on the best places to eat, best clubs and shopping. Thank you Wendy and all the staff for making our stay in Miami so memorable. We hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Awesome! We couldn't be happier reading your great review and knowing that you picked the perfect hotel for your first trip to South Beach! Thank you so much for your nice comments about Wendy! She is a rockstar and has so much fun taking care of her guests. All of us here at Dream look forward to seeing you next year, so until then, take care!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

as soon as they opened my hotel room door i was like WOW, I feel like as if I was in a sexy dream. Like a princess. They had very nice accents to the room. everything was blue. The showers were very nice, very sexy..very much a couples hotel. I went there alone. The buttons they had for the lights were kind of confusing but make sure you look in the hotel manual book, everything you need to know is there.
House keeping was alwasy prompt and everytime i came back in the room, it was so spotless!!

i went to the rooftop pool, it was nice, the collors of the lights made it very romantic, but the only problem was that I thought the pool wasnt deep enough and it was too small. I was asked to get out of the pool during closing time, so I hung out on the nice beds that were provided alongside the pool.
Sundays theres a usual pool party, I couldnt attend because I was leaving that sunday

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Very nice! Thank you so much for choosing Dream and allowing us to take care of you during your stay and make sure you had a great time relaxing here in South Beach! We loved hearing that you felt like a princess - that puts a smile on all our faces! Thanks for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a nice stay for 3 nights. Good location without the noise. Nice friendly staff around the hotel. But when i got home there was a $300+ charge to my credit card that was not mine. Called the hotel and got the run around telling me the was no charge, still denying it after telling him its was on my statement. Transfered to manger whiched turned out to be a bigger waste of time, had to file a complaint with visa.

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that there was some error with regards to the billing on your reservation. It is unfortunate when a small issue escalates to a larger negative experience. I am very glad to hear that we were able to identify and resolve the issue!

We are very happy to hear that you did have a nice stay and got to enjoy our prime location! Thank you for choosing Dream, and we hope to see you again in the future! Take care!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is probably a great stay for young cracked out party goers but as far as a couple looking for a relaxing stay in a well rated hotel in Miami Beach, I warn you. Keep looking!!!

To sum it up:
We made a couples massage; our service started 30 mins later because we were waiting for the second masseurs to show up.

Found a hair in my room service food. Which also came cold.

Room is much much smaller than photos online and I don't remember them mentioning, no windows. If you have trouble with small places, this is not your hotel.

Also, service members appearance (jeans and T-shirts) is not what I was expecting from this 'five star' hotel.

Ps-I'm NOT a complainer and I hardly write reviews. But this was our wedding anniversary splurge and it wasn't worth it at all. :(

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. After you arrived to the hotel, I do remember speaking with you on the phone about the size and brightness of the room, and offering you some other room options to try and make your stay as comfortable as possible. I would also like to apologize that you experienced several other issues during your stay that came together to leave a larger negative impression. All of us here at Dream look forward to opportunities to recover any failures on our part, and take pride in making sure our guests are taken care of, even when something doesn't go as planned.

I am very glad that I had the chance to speak with you directly and hopefully restore your faith in us. I hope that you will consider us in the future as myself and my staff would love a chance to welcome you back!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was very different. The light switches needed a manual and I never could get the lights bright enough to put on make-up. The air conditining was great and the bed was very comfortable. The location was fantastic fo waking anywhere in South Beach. The rooftop pool was very comfortable and fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We really do appreciate your feedback as it helps us be the very best hotel we can be. We are very happy to know that you were able to enjoy our awesome location and the always beautiful rooftop pool, and hope to welcome you back one day. Take care!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I just got back from The Dream South Beach. To say the experience we had was excellent is an understatement. Everything was perfect. The location is unmatched, the rooms are exceptional and the Staff is world class. Our experience started with Luis at the front desk, he is friendly and goes out of his way to ensure you will have a memorable stay. As an example, the staff placed a happy anniversary card in our room as we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.

The High Bar was equally great. It is the perfect spot to watch South Beach come to life.

Do not be deterred by the reviews and comments on the room sizes, etc.. Yes, it is an Art Deco building which will most certainly have room sizes smaller than big box hotel chains, but, the hotel will give the South Beach Experience the big chains will never be able to match. Having said that, the rooms are comfortable, clean, well appointed and stylish.

We are already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: The Sun House suite will give you access to a terrace that leas you to the Pool and High Bar. If yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow - what a fantastic review! We are so proud knowing that we were able to provide such a wonderful stay for you both. We love being a part of special occasions, and hearing that you had a memorable anniversary really makes us smile. Thanks a bunch for all the kind words, and we hope to see you both again soon!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!