“Fun in the sun” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Leipzig, Germany
“Fun in the sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our very first time to South Beach and our first time to Dream Hotel. It turns out we picked a perfect hotel. The hotel is small but the location is great and the staff is all very attentive from check-n to check-out. This trip was for us to celebrate our anniversary and I wanted it to be special. Being new to the area I was worried that I might not pick the best places to go to. I went to the concierge for help finding the best restaurants and clubs to take my wife to. Wendy the concierge was very knowledgeable and took the time to explain many different options for us. We went to Juvia on her recommendation and it was exactly the type of experience I was looking for to surprise my wife with. She gave us all the insider tips on the best places to eat, best clubs and shopping. Thank you Wendy and all the staff for making our stay in Miami so memorable. We hope to be back again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Awesome! We couldn't be happier reading your great review and knowing that you picked the perfect hotel for your first trip to South Beach! Thank you so much for your nice comments about Wendy! She is a rockstar and has so much fun taking care of her guests. All of us here at Dream look forward to seeing you next year, so until then, take care!

1,299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

as soon as they opened my hotel room door i was like WOW, I feel like as if I was in a sexy dream. Like a princess. They had very nice accents to the room. everything was blue. The showers were very nice, very sexy..very much a couples hotel. I went there alone. The buttons they had for the lights were kind of confusing but make sure you look in the hotel manual book, everything you need to know is there.
House keeping was alwasy prompt and everytime i came back in the room, it was so spotless!!

i went to the rooftop pool, it was nice, the collors of the lights made it very romantic, but the only problem was that I thought the pool wasnt deep enough and it was too small. I was asked to get out of the pool during closing time, so I hung out on the nice beds that were provided alongside the pool.
Sundays theres a usual pool party, I couldnt attend because I was leaving that sunday

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Very nice! Thank you so much for choosing Dream and allowing us to take care of you during your stay and make sure you had a great time relaxing here in South Beach! We loved hearing that you felt like a princess - that puts a smile on all our faces! Thanks for choosing Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a nice stay for 3 nights. Good location without the noise. Nice friendly staff around the hotel. But when i got home there was a $300+ charge to my credit card that was not mine. Called the hotel and got the run around telling me the was no charge, still denying it after telling him its was on my statement. Transfered to manger whiched turned out to be a bigger waste of time, had to file a complaint with visa.

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that there was some error with regards to the billing on your reservation. It is unfortunate when a small issue escalates to a larger negative experience. I am very glad to hear that we were able to identify and resolve the issue!

We are very happy to hear that you did have a nice stay and got to enjoy our prime location! Thank you for choosing Dream, and we hope to see you again in the future! Take care!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is probably a great stay for young cracked out party goers but as far as a couple looking for a relaxing stay in a well rated hotel in Miami Beach, I warn you. Keep looking!!!

To sum it up:
We made a couples massage; our service started 30 mins later because we were waiting for the second masseurs to show up.

Found a hair in my room service food. Which also came cold.

Room is much much smaller than photos online and I don't remember them mentioning, no windows. If you have trouble with small places, this is not your hotel.

Also, service members appearance (jeans and T-shirts) is not what I was expecting from this 'five star' hotel.

Ps-I'm NOT a complainer and I hardly write reviews. But this was our wedding anniversary splurge and it wasn't worth it at all. :(

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. After you arrived to the hotel, I do remember speaking with you on the phone about the size and brightness of the room, and offering you some other room options to try and make your stay as comfortable as possible. I would also like to apologize that you experienced several other issues during your stay that came together to leave a larger negative impression. All of us here at Dream look forward to opportunities to recover any failures on our part, and take pride in making sure our guests are taken care of, even when something doesn't go as planned.

I am very glad that I had the chance to speak with you directly and hopefully restore your faith in us. I hope that you will consider us in the future as myself and my staff would love a chance to welcome you back!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The room was very different. The light switches needed a manual and I never could get the lights bright enough to put on make-up. The air conditining was great and the bed was very comfortable. The location was fantastic fo waking anywhere in South Beach. The rooftop pool was very comfortable and fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We really do appreciate your feedback as it helps us be the very best hotel we can be. We are very happy to know that you were able to enjoy our awesome location and the always beautiful rooftop pool, and hope to welcome you back one day. Take care!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I just got back from The Dream South Beach. To say the experience we had was excellent is an understatement. Everything was perfect. The location is unmatched, the rooms are exceptional and the Staff is world class. Our experience started with Luis at the front desk, he is friendly and goes out of his way to ensure you will have a memorable stay. As an example, the staff placed a happy anniversary card in our room as we were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary.

The High Bar was equally great. It is the perfect spot to watch South Beach come to life.

Do not be deterred by the reviews and comments on the room sizes, etc.. Yes, it is an Art Deco building which will most certainly have room sizes smaller than big box hotel chains, but, the hotel will give the South Beach Experience the big chains will never be able to match. Having said that, the rooms are comfortable, clean, well appointed and stylish.

We are already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: The Sun House suite will give you access to a terrace that leas you to the Pool and High Bar. If yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow - what a fantastic review! We are so proud knowing that we were able to provide such a wonderful stay for you both. We love being a part of special occasions, and hearing that you had a memorable anniversary really makes us smile. Thanks a bunch for all the kind words, and we hope to see you both again soon!
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Excellent all the way around! We arrived after sustaining Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey. We had no reservations but spoke to JamesAnderson Director of Sales and Marketing. He gave us a great price and got us to our room promptly. Everyone at the hotel was so kind and understanding of our situation. It is located right in the heart of things but not overwhelming or too crowded. The room was cleaned and well stocked evrey day by the wonderful housekeeping staff. There is a wonderful rooftop pool and bar called Highbar. We woould like to thank the entire staff. Mario,Melissa,Igor,Tanya,Emily, Rick and numerous others. We had choices each day of chairs,beds,towels, and even a basket of sunscreen. The drinks flowed and the food from Tudor House Restaraunt was excellent. The view from this rooftop bar is spectacular. You can see the ocean and all the way around. We were comped many times during our stay. The front desk people are very helpful especially,Luis and John. They kept us calm during some difficult times. Even the manager of Tudor House gave us good coffee with cold milk in the morning. A treat in South Beach for New Jerseyites. Amanda Osbourne,General Manager of TudorHouse High Bar should be proud of this outstanding staff. We even had massages by the pool with Judy,Jen, and Matt. Cold towels and spray poolside. Thank you for caring. We met personally with Peggy the General Manager of the hotel. She is hands on and even comped us more. We book 5 more days in Thanksgiving here and will celebrate our daughters 30th birthday. With so many choices in South Beach why go anywhere else. It was spectacular. Also went to 11th St. Beach where the hotel provides free lounge chairs and towels. Very short walk to beach. Beautiful. The people that work there are wonderful as well. THANK YOU DREAM HOTEL staff. Please go and stay here. Tell them Trish from NJ sent you. We did arrive home to a blizzard and still no power but remember our stay at Dream and look forward to Thanksgiving there.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Awesome! We are so happy to know that you had such a fabulous stay! All of us here love providing at truly outstanding hotel experience, your review really made our day. We appreciate your business and your recommendation, and can't wait for you to return many more times in the future! Take care!

Been to Dream South Beach? Share your experiences!