“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prime Hotel

Save Saved
You added Prime Hotel to your Saves list
Prime Hotel
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   100 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (South Pointe)   |
Ranked #123 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Its modern,new and clean its prime hotel. Prime hotel is owned by a man who also owns 3 different restaurant. Very famous prime 112,prime Italy and big pink. Its more b&b or restaurant then real hotel since there is only 14rooms. Because there is only 14rooms its perfect. its quiet and peaceful except for new construction going on. Perfect location across from the street is the beach. some noise from new constriction only downside. 4th floor rooftop is beautiful place to say. There is a small lap pool to swim in and afterword there is outdoor shower to rinse off.
There is no real parking only vip so each night will cost you extra 35.00.
The rooms are very clean and well kept. hallway do need a cleaning somewhat dirty. the staff was warm and welcoming. front desk is easy to find. I came in somewhat early and there was no crowds at all even at night was dead maybe because its not the weekend. sounding area is safe. many places to eat and party just walk 4blocks north after 5th street. I had a good deal from jetsetter so I cant complain the price. Overall excellent place to stay for any travers.

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor less street noise from prime112
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really like this hotel, especially the rooms with wraparound balconies and the rooftop pool on the 4th floor. Very Euro feel of entering thru the restaurant to catch elevator up to the room. Loved the spaciousness of the room plus the nifty bath and shower with rainfall shower head and numerous other wall mounted shower streams.
I wish I could have enjoyed two other aspects of the room, namely the Onkyo iPod docking station and the espresso maker, but these tech devices were beyond my skill set. The comment others have made about this not really feeling like a hotel are accurate, as there was only one lady on duty at the reception desk (yes it's inside the restaurant but I found that to be pretty cool) and she admitted to having no idea how to run these gadgets. She was just so nice, how can you get angry? :)
Overall, great place to stay. Not beachside but just across the street. Just felt more like a vacation apartment rental than a hotel. If they'd just add instructions for the appliances then it would indeed be a prime hotel choice in SOBE.

Room Tip: I was in room 6, quiet end of hallway King with wraparound balcony that is large enough to entertain...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is very good, but I didn't like two things. First one day i woke up 7am with someone was cleaning the all window outside of my room. Very loud and the hour was unbelievable. The other thing that is they put one completely torn towel in the bathroom.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed based on positive reviews in Trip Advisor. It is above the Prime restaurant. The entry is on First Street with a small front desk to check in without having to navigate through all the tables if you enter on Ocean Drive. The desk is available 24 hours. Staff is friendly and attentive. Room service is available from their affiliated restaurants. The rooms are sleek and have great design touches.

The balcony rooms give a great perspective on the lively street scene. The roof top mini pool and cabanas are a great oasis. It was also a great spot to view the fireworks. Rooms are well insulated and you can shut out the exterior noise. Interior noise from the hallway can be annoying when the club crowd returns at 4:00 am. It was 4th of July so there was a party crowd. The location is great. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't know why I keep giving this group any business. I have had two bad experiences at their restaurants before, but my wife wanted to stay at the hotel for this past Valentine's weekend. Let me be clear, the staff at the hotel and restaurant are great - the management is terrible and doesn't not understand customer service. This is how my weekend unfolded:

* I checked in and a hold was put on my credit card for more than double the room rate on my reservation. After inquiring, the hotel told me that my room rate was wrong in my reservation, even after providing an order confirmation from their own website, I had to prod them to honor it. I took over a week for the hold to be released from my card.
* Next experience was with their terrible valet - the evening after Valentines day I was taking my wife out for our anniversary. It took AN HOUR for the valet to pull up my car. And when they finally pulled it up, the attendant said "Oh well, it happens sometimes". The valet never was faster than 25 minutes, even when it was not busy.
* I asked for the manager Shannon to call me to speak to her about the valet. I called and left her voicemails that weren't returned. I tried to speak with her on checkout (I didn't want to pay the 35 dollar valet fee) - and she dodged me. I tried calling her after my stay with no response. Shannon - as hotel manager your customer service is terrible.

I will never give this group a dime again.

• Stayed February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

the hotel was very impressionable. the rooms and fixtures would remind you of living in france. the location was so close to the beach. the shops and restaurants were in walking distance. there is so much you can choose from morning noon or night for dining. there are so many clubs. we were walking down the sidewalk and into live entertainment that was free. the hotel is on the bus line if you choose to visit the museaums or shopping malls. hotels on washington,collins, and i forgot the other street.

Room Tip: use the second floor or third.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is on top of one of miami beachs top restaurants. the hotel is very small but the rooms are spacius. Ask for a room with a balcony. There is a mini pool on the roof and the staff is very friendly. All one of them. Right acros from beach.

Room Tip: go for the suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Prime Hotel? Share your experiences!