“A highlight of Miami Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art Deco Private Walking Tour

Art Deco Private Walking Tour
10th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (Flamingo / Lummus)
+1 305-814-4058
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 159 Activities in Miami Beach
Type: Private tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take the #1 walking tour in South Beach with the most popular tour guides in the district. Art Deco Tours, Inc., Will enlighten and entertain you with fascinating facts and stories. Two hours will fly by fast. Stroll along Ocean Drive and learn about the history, the unlikely hero who saved the Art Deco buildings, the role of Miami Vice and Hollywood and other pop culture. You'll admire the architecture from the outside and design & decor on the inside. No bumping elbows in a packed group. Daily small group tours (max 8-9 people) are offered several times a day. Or get the VIP treatment with a private tour with exclusive access to select buildings not permitted to large groups. Your guides will keep you engaged with lively conversation and trivia! Enrich your visit and learn about the culture, history and architecture of South Beach beyond the beaches! Price starts at $30 per person
Sydney
“A highlight of Miami Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hi Christine,

I really enjoyed my tour with Robert.
Robert was informative and the information was made very enjoyable.
I liked that Robert was very conversational and did not mind answering my many (!) questions.
I learnt a lot from the tour - such interesting history on Art Deco and Miami beach.
It was the highlight of my time at Mimi Beach.

Please thank Robert for being such a fabulous guide and I will definitely recommend him to everyone!

Cheers
Jackie

Visited February 2013

Anchorage AK
45 attraction reviews
“Don't just look, learn and enjoy it more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

South Beach has many great buildings to look at but do you know the histroy behind them? There is nothing like a local to give you an insider's view of this area. You get to see things you would never even notice on own your own and the best part is you get to ask questions about anything that comes to mind regarding the area, the buildings, the history, the people, the food, etc.etc.. My best advice is to go on this tour as soon as you get to South Beach and the rest of your time there will be much more enjoyable.

Visited March 2013
“Art Deco District came alive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our gathering of friends from both coasts recently went on the Miami Art Deco tour and we thought John was excellent. I go on a lot of walking tours (and am a docent in Oakland) and appreciated his passion as well as knowledge. I'm only sorry we didn't have time to go on the cocktail tour!

Ballston Lake, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Don't wait...take this tour early in your vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

When you can get an introduction to the area you will visit by people who know the history, the culture, the architecture, the best places to eat at or visit....for a reasonable price...this was amazing! Our tour guide John was really great! Very knowledgeable and passionate about the area and what it has to offer. We learned about the Art Deco design and its use in the architecture in the historic district. We loved access to rooftops and found great places we will return to that we would never have found without John! He knows where to get the best drinks too!

Kitchener, Canada
“Great history of South Beach and Art Deco Design”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family recently enjoyed a tour with Robert. He provided a great overall historical review of the area from its early beginnings through to today as well as showcasing many great examples of the art deco architectural style. I particularly enjoyed the access to roof top patios and lobby areas that you normally wouldn't see if you were sightseeing on your own. I learned a lot about the area that I wouldn't otherwise have known. Thanks to Robert for a great tour!

Visited March 2013

Been to Art Deco Private Walking Tour? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Art Deco Private Walking Tour, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.